Work of Art

1/1

His head dipped playfully, and he grinned, moving back into the position she instructed. She glared at him, and pointed her pencil eraser-side at him and said, "I was just about to scold you for that. Hold still!"

"How long do I have to stay like this?" he inquired, his hand on his headphones, expression serious. He wore an oversized hoodie, it laying over his frame as he sat in the stool. The oversized headphones lay snug at his neck as he held them up, as if displaying them.

"About as long as Rose did in Titanic for Jack," she drawled, watching for any feigning shock to spread across his face. She decided to count off in her head: Three...Two...One–

As predicted, his mouth slacked and he brought his hands to his cheeks, imitating someone screaming in horror. "Oh hell no!," he said, sarcasm in his tone. "Didn't she lay there for like, three hours!? I'm not sitting here that long. My back will hurt," he huffed, crossing his arms.

She laughed, holding onto her easel so she wouldn't drop her charcoal. "You've been here for about two hours. And besides, I think they were only in that room for around two hours before leaving." He didn't look convinced, though he slouched back into the posture he was in originally for the portrait. "I'm close to being done, if that helps!"

He grinned after hearing that and got into the pose she had instructed him into earlier, twisting his expression back to serious. His hair spread across his forehead in a messy fashion, and she drew that in, rubbing the paper with a tortillion to blend it.

She looked over the artwork, her blonde bangs getting in her face, a few pieces of hair falling from her bun. She smudged a few lines, wanting to get the shading right on his hoodie. There, she thought. Smiling she said, "Viola! You're done."

Pearly whites shone as he hopped off the stool and walked over to the easel. He peered at the drawing and grinned. "You got me just right, baby girl," he commented softly, adding in a prouder tone, "It's amazing, Kris."

He leaned over and kissed her on the top of her head. "Hm, that's not the right place." He ghosted down to her cheek and kissed it. "Nope, not where I was looking for either." He lifted her chin and kissed her softly on the lips, pulling away slightly. "There's where I was looking for," he murmured.

Jiyong pulled her close, wrapping his arms around her waist. "You're an amazing artist, Kris." He pulled away, keeping one of her hands in his, and looked into her blue eyes. "I want to help you make it big. I promise you that. You're too good of an artist for this talent just to been seen by myself and your friends and family," he promised, looking at the artwork on the easel.

Kris was speechless, small tears forming in her eyes. "Th-thanks, Jiyong," she replied, squeezing his hand.

"No problem, girlie," he said, smiling at her. "You deserve it."
♠ ♠ ♠
529 words. For Kris. :3