I'm Never Changing

Chapter 6: There's A Lie, For Every Truth

Nixon’s POV:

Well I didn’t mean it to come out that blunt but I was beyond pissed at the moment. It worked well though he was completely frozen to the spot. After about 5 or so minutes when he was still standing there I sighed walking over to him. He soon snapped out of his trance when I turned him around. Those caramel eyes he possessed were fraught with worry, his pupils dancing around my face in confusion.

“W-what do you mean I’m not human anymore?” he whispered a deep fragility evident in his words. Taking off his bag gently I signalled for him to sit back down by the fire. He complied looking more like a lost puppy than the argumentative teenager he was a moment ago. Joining him on the floor I sighed.

“This was what I was trying to explain earlier, you’re going through something called morphing. It’s the time in which our kind transforms into immortals and discovers their powers.” I know this must be a lot for him to take in, he seemed to focus on the fire in front of us as I talked.

“Our kind?” he turned away from the flames in a mix of curiosity and fear.

“Yes, we are different from humans. As you’ve probably guessed by now I’m not human either. I was sent to find you and to protect from the people who were chasing you earlier.” I tried explaining the best I could and it seemed to be registering in his head.

“You were sent?” I nodded.

“Yeah it’s my job, I’m a guardian, I’m sent all across the immortal and sometimes mortal world to help people who need it.” I watched him quite intrigued that he wasn’t completely freaking right now. We sat there for a moment in a comfortable silence simply thinking to ourselves. It wasn’t long though till Alex’s inquisitive nature resurfaced.

“So who were those people that were chasing me earlier?” This was going to be tougher to explain as he has no idea about Terrador and his plans.

“Those were people we call shadow minions. They are immortals who have decided to follow the wrong path.” He smiled at this for some odd reason.

“Like gone to the dark side right?” I chuckled softly at his summary of it but I guess it was true.

“Kinda, except they are like slaves to one guy, his name is Terrador. He’s the reason to all of our problems recently.” Reaching over to my bag I grabbed a bottle of water offering it to Alex before continuing,

“But I’ll explain all about that some over time, for now you need some rest.” He tensed clearly uneasy by the idea, he must be suffering from the nightmares. I opened my bag once more fishing out a packet of pale tablets covered in a metallic film.

“Have two of these they’ll help you sleep.” Looking mildly bemused by my offer he smirked.

“My mum told me to never accept things from strangers.” Rolling my eyes I shoved them in his direction as I got up to stoke the fire.

“Hey I’m your guardian now and I’ve been through morphing. Martin gave them to me for you. They aren’t random drugs kid.” Dusting off my shirt I watched as he got up taking two of the pills from the packet.

“There’s an air mattress in the tent, make yourself comfortable, it’s what you’re going to be sleeping on for a while now.” He didn’t seem to mind as he shrugged pulling off his shoes. Although he only had on one shoe when I saw his eyes roll to the back of his head.

Sprinting over to him I managed to catch him before he hit ground. Oh yeah I forgot to tell him the effects were immediate. My bad. Supporting his head with one hand I carried him bridal style to the tent laying him carefully on the bed inside.

It was only then when the moonlight hit his face through the thin material of the tent when I realised it illuminated his features perfectly. I gulped at the way his light brunette hair fall across his milky complexion, contrasting it in just the right way. Whilst his long eyelashes fanned against his cheekbones twitching ever so slightly in slumber.

For some reason it made my heart stutter momentarily. Although I quickly tore my eyes away from him backing out of the tent slowly. As I sat by the blazing campfire a sudden wave of guilt washed over me. How could I feel those things for this boy? It was wrong, he’s not even an immortal yet and I’m checking him out. I sighed from now on I had to be careful around him. If Martin ever caught so much as an advance on Alex he would personally kill me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooo Nixons conflicted :o
Another update for you guys,
Thanks to all my readers both vocal & silent :D
Yet again major thanks to limexpopsicle and All.Your.Hate your comments are so awesome to read :)
Updates soon xXx