Status: Alive and well. :D

Someday

Just Ask

”What are we doing for Sadie Hawkins?” Annabeth asked as a break in our conversation started. I leaned against her headboard and looked up at Ivy, Cathe, Caroline, and Abigail.
“Why talk about it now? Sadie isn’t til February. We don’t need to plan a month early.” I said, picking at the stray fuzzies on my pajama pants.
“Mariah has a point, Annie. You just want in on the planning so we don’t pair you up with Manny.” Caroline poked fun at Annie.
“Cathe, who do you want?” I asked, just trying to keep Annie from retaliating.
“Chris.” He smiled sheepishly. The Floridian freshman transfer popped into my head and I tried to suppress a laugh.
“Mariah gets Aaron.” Annabeth butted in quickly, knowing a little more about my feelings for her brother than anyone else. I blushed and dug my head into my raised knees so they couldn’t see my face.
“If Aaron says yes, you have to ask Manny.” I thought fast, turning on Annie.
“Uhh…. No.”
“Aaron probably won’t say yes anyway.” I sighed and started picking at my chipping nail polish, remembering what Annie had told me about her brother not wanting to start a relationship in his last semester of high school.
“Anyway, does anyone object to me asking Joseph?” Caroline asked, changing the subject.
“Not really. No.” Everyone said at the same time.
“Oh, by the way, Millie’s asking Zander.” I said, remembering my last conversation with Millie.
“Oh… kay.” Cathe thought out loud slowly, trying to pair the country girl with her sarcastic classmate.
“Abby, what about you?” I look towards out shortest friend, sitting on the floor leaning against the dresser.
“I’m thinkin’ James.” She answered, a smile playing gently at her lips.
“Ivy, you takin any one?”
“I don’t think so, no.” She mumbled quietly, pretty typical for the way she always talked.
“And Ivy gets away with saying she isn’t taking anyone?” Annabeth questioned quickly, obviously resenting the fact we wouldn’t let her off quite that easily.
“Pretty much. Hey you told me to ask your brother, who probably won’t say yes. So you’re pushing me to ask and get hurt.” I told her, looking straight into her face.
“You don’t know he’ll say no.” Annie retorted.
“You were the one who said he wasn’t going to date. There’s only a semester left until he graduates.”
“I think we’re gonna go. I need to clean my room.” Caroline entered the conversation as she got up and left the room with Ivy, Cathe, and Abby in tow, each muttering their own excuse for leaving.
“Mariah, you don’t know he’d say yes either. All you can do is ask.” I turned around, laid down on my back and kicked my feet up onto her headboard.
“I guess, but…” I trail off as I stare at her ceiling.
“You like him, right?”
“Well, yeah.”
“Then ask him. The worst he can do is say no.”
“I guess, but…”
“But what?”
“But… I don’t know.”
“So ask him.”
“But if he says no I’ll get hurt and have to say another goodbye. I don’t know if I can handle that.”
“Just ask him.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, so from here til I decide to end it, I will go chapter-flashback on and off every other for the rest of the chapters. Cuz it's fun and when I wrote this story originally, I wrote it in that kind of way.