Odoroki

thirteen.

She didn’t realize that they’d fallen asleep until her eyes opened and she saw that the world outside was darker. Apartment lights and street lamps and neon signs lit up the window, taking the place of sunlight, and the sounds of Tokyo at night were very different than what one would hear during the day. And as her gaze shifted- from the window to the steady rise and fall of his chest to the peaceful expression on his face, images and sensations that tingled through her reminded her of exactly how close they’d been.

She smiled and bit her lip as her hand- resting on his waist- curled just slightly and traced up and along his arm, then drifted back down again. She watched him as he sighed in response to the touch and shifted, and for a second, she thought that he was waking up. But then, she felt his hand on her back pressing her closer, and he smiled a small half-smile and settled back into sleep once again. She smiled, and she softly kissed his chest, and then she slid up the bed, brushing her hand against his cheek and pressed a kiss to his lips as well.

Faintly, she felt him return the pressure, and she drew back, sure that she’d woken him. But he was still peacefully asleep- and it was the perfect opportunity for her to slip out of his arms and kiss him once again- thanking him for making her feel the way he had- before grabbing a towel and opting to shower while he slept.

And she knew that she should have been blushing like mad because he’d seen her naked and he’d made love to her- and she couldn’t remember the last time a man had been that gentle and that loving with her- but she could only bite her lip and smile as she stepped into the shower, turned the knob for hot water, and felt the first few steaming droplets hit her skin. She should have felt dirty, as they’d spent a couple of hours kissing and getting to know each other in the most intimate of ways, but instead, she felt loved and wanted, and she had to admit that it was nice.

She sighed as she massaged her tense muscles- her arms and her shoulders and her legs were hating her because, she was sure, that she and Yuu had stayed in the same position for the entire time she’d been asleep- and let her head drop forward as the soap cleansed her skin. And she could feel his hands caressing her, gently mapping out her body, could feel his fingertips and his mouth against her skin. She could feel every breath, hear every whisper, and as she washed the sweat and the kisses and the musk from her skin, she could still see every smile and feel every kiss and she could almost relive every moment they’d had together.

In short, that single shower, a ten-minute, steamed-up timeout in the bathroom, was the most confusing shower she’d ever taken.

And when she emerged- towel-wrapped, a hand clutching the cloth to her body, her wet hair dripping water down her back- she was met by Yuu and his smile and his boxers-clad form. He was gorgeous in the way that he was lounging so comfortably on the bed and in the way that he murmured a greeting and let her lean in for a kiss. He smiled into the kiss as if being with her was so natural, and as she pulled back to look at him, she found that she really was beginning to understand. He smiled again as she blushed just slightly and let him tug at the towel, letting it fall to the carpet, and pressed close to his side when he pulled her down.

She was sure that, in any other moment, with any other man, she would have been ashamed of how forward she could be with him and how easily she let him hold her close, but she could only smile, sigh, and press against him. And as she felt his kiss on her forehead, her hand slipped across his abdomen, found his hand, and her fingers wound between his, squeezing gently. And it might’ve been the afterglow, pushing her to be so relaxed with him, but there was something else- comfort, trust maybe- that made her want to stay just like this until she had to leave.

“I love you,” he murmured, and she felt his breath, his smile, against her skin.

“Thank you,” she responded, and her voice was a breath, and she could feel him smile once again. “For earlier. Yuu, I-“ She bit her lip, and she looked up at him, and she shut her eyes as he smiled and claimed a kiss. “Haven’t felt like that in a while.” The response felt lame to her, and yet it earned her a smile, and she let her forehead rest against his. His fingers stroked at strands of her wet hair, unbothered by the wet droplets it left on his fingertips, and he smiled- the curve of his lips was gentle, barely noticeable, and let his fingers rest gently against her cheek. “And you…you don’t think we’re taking this too fast, right? Because if you do, we can-“

His thumb touched her lips, quieting her, and he half-opened his eyes so that his gaze could lock on to hers. “It feels good, being with me, ne?” She nodded, her forehead sliding gently against his, and he half-grinned. “Then that’s what matters. Too fast, too slow, none of that matters, as long as it feels right.”

“And…”

“Being with you…feels right.” He let his thumb brush over her chin, his hand slipping just slightly against her cheek, and he nudged forward, giving her a soft, gentle kiss.

“I don’t want to leave,” she said, and her voice was just barely above a whisper. “I want to stay here with you, get to know you, all of that.” She bit her lip, her gaze fixed upon the pendant at his neck for a moment before lifting to meet his. “I’ll…really miss you.”

He chuckled, his lips touching her forehead, and he smiled. “Even when you leave, Natasha-chan,” he said, “I’ll still be here, and you can call.”

“Are you sure that you’re not going to hate me in six months, when all we’ve been able to do is call?”

He chuckled again, as if she’d just asked the most ridiculous question, and his eyes were warm and shining. “No, koi-chan,” he said. “Even if it’s a year before I see you, all I will ever feel for you will be love.”