Odoroki

three.

“This is you?”

She nodded, and they came to a stop in front of the hotel. “Thank you for walking me back.” His hand slipped from hers, and she fished awkwardly for her room key, digging it out of her back pocket. She could feel the blush creeping up her cheeks, and she could only think of how unlike herself she’d been- she couldn’t remember the last time she’d had drinks with and kissed someone she’d just met, and she couldn’t remember the last time she’d considered kissing the same man goodnight. But, kissing him goodnight was the only thing on her mind, aside from giving him her number and then going up to her room and getting an early start on curing her hangover. “You won’t mind walking home by yourself?”

He smiled just slightly, and he released a sound that had been meant to be a nonchalant laugh. “I do it every other night, so no. I won’t mind.” He was quiet for a moment, and he glanced up as she looked down at the room key in her hands. “And…I don’t know how much longer you’re staying, but…” He bit his lip as she looked up at him, and it seemed to her that he was debating something with himself, and after a few more moments, he seemed to give in. “My shop’s only a few blocks away, so if you wanted, after you’re done with the, uh, ‘corporate crap’-“

“I can come by.” She smiled when he did, and despite the fact that she could hear every protest that the people she knew in the States could make, she couldn’t help but inch closer to him and reach out to take his hand. He let her fingers close around his, and he smiled as she gave his hand a gentle squeeze. “Noon sound okay?”

He nodded. “Noon sounds good, hai.” He pulled her closer, and he lifted his free hand, resting his palm on her cheek, and then leaned in and pressed a soft kiss to her lips. “Goodnight.” His voice was just as soft as it had been in the bar-club, and he gave her another kiss for good measure, and then he drew back.

“Goodnight, Yuu.”

He winked at her, and he flashed another award-winning smile, and then he was gone. She watched as he walked away, and then she returned to the hotel she’d been holed up in. The elevator carried up to her floor, and her tired legs carried her to her room and then inside. Then, once on her bed and in a situation with zero light, zero noise, and zero Yuu, Natasha realized that she did, in fact, have a headache from hell, and there was no ice pack on Earth that could fix it.

She reached over to the night stand, fumbling for the switch to the lamp, and laid a hand over her forehead, groaning and shutting her eyes. She could feel all that vodka thrumming through her system, and before her mind decided it was as tired as her body, she made a mental note to not forget to bring Motrin. She could only really pray that she’d be able to snap right back into her business mode in the morning, and she knew that there would be hell to pay with her boss if she didn’t.

All of this made her all the more tired, and when she finally sank into sleep, her mind found refuge in reliving the night with Yuu. If she’d been awake, she would have chastised herself for being such a damn schoolgirl, but in her sleep, the last thing she wanted to do was not thinking about him. If it was a crush, then she was fine with that. If it was just an odd fascination with the man that would fade away after the end of her stay in Tokyo, then that was okay too.

Crush or not, fascination or not, the only thing her mind could really come up with was kissing Yuu, dancing with him, feeling him against her, pressing close and moving with him to the sound of Japanese rock bands blaring grungy beats. The sensation his hands had created drove her dream world wild, and the hard warmth of his body against hers was all that her subconscious could yearn for, and Jesus Christ, his voice wouldn’t leave her alone. She could hear him murmuring her name all over again, gasping in surprise at the way she’d moved against him, the way the two of them had forgotten everyone else on the dance floor for hours on end.

In her dreams, his gasps became moans of pure pleasure, and she could only imagine what the man must look like naked, and if she’d been awake, she’d have been blushing like a nun at the things running through her head. But as it was, she slept in bliss- without headaches, without thirty different people speaking thirty different dialects at her, without being bumped into restlessly on every street walk, and without anyone to judge her on her thoughts of Yuu.

And she would have been ashamed of her sudden sex drive, but it was just her in her dreams, and Christ were those eight hours blissful.

And, when she woke up, she could begin to understand what men felt when they woke up with morning wood.