Odoroki

thirty-one.

"So, you're the famous Natasha King."

She smiled as Takanori rose to greet her, and she gave a bow of her head as he stepped forward to kiss her hand. Her smile widened, and she held on to Yuu's arm when Takanori stepped back. "Yeah, that's me," she said, and she smiled up at Yuu. "Had no idea I was famous, though." She laughed softly, stretching up to kiss Yuu's cheek. "I'm sorry if he's bored you with talking about me."

Takanori shook his head, smiling at her as Yuu unlocked the door to his apartment and let the two of them inside. "On the contrary; it's nice to see him this excited about someone."

"Since when do you gush like this, Taka-kun?" Yuu said, chuckling as he took off his sunglasses and shed his coat. "For a second, I could have sworn you were almost sweet."

Takanori snorted, shedding his shoes and setting them near the door. "Don't expect too much of it," he replied, and he smiled up at his friend. "I just didn't want to be too much of an ass, what with just having met your girl. Making a good impression and all of that." He smiled wider, and he glanced up at Natasha. "I'm capable of being a sweetheart, I swear."

"I'll believe that when I see it, Matsumoto," Yuu said, laughing softly, and he hung up his coat and tossed his keys onto the table beside the door. "Until then, go ahead and sit on the couch and keep Natasha company. I'll be back in a few minutes with coffee."

Natasha shook her head, kissing his cheek. "No, you two sit. I'll make the coffee."

Yuu raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure?"

She nodded, laughing softly. "I'm pregnant, Yuu, but I'm not incapable. I need a good cup of tea anyway. Sit. I'll only be a few minutes." She smiled, giving him a short kiss, and then padded off toward the kitchen. Faintly, Yuu could hear her humming, and he smiled to himself before he looked back up at his friend.

"Well, you heard her. Shall we sit, then?"

Takanori laughed softly as they made their way to the couch, sitting at one end while Yuu sat at the other. "She seems like an amazing woman, Yuu. I'm really glad you met her."

"She really is amazing," he said, and he smiled. "Didn't expect a baby so soon, but I'm excited about that, too." He settled back against the couch, and he was quiet for a moment as flashes of memories from their Christmas made themselves known. "I told you she's moving in, didn't I?"

Takanori's eyebrow raised, and he looked over at his friend. "You guys are moving a little fast, don't you think? I mean, I don't want to be the bad friend, but..."

"I didn't ask her to live with me because of the baby, Taka-kun. I love her. I want to be with her."

Takanori smiled. "I know you love her. And judging by the way she looks at you, she loves you too. I'm just being the good friend and looking out for you."

"You're even scaring me, Takanori," Natasha said as she entered, and the two men on the couch looked up and smiled. "What happened to the jackass we know and love?" She laughed softly as she set the tray with the coffee and tea on the coffee table, and then she sat beside Yuu, letting him pull her close to his side, holding her tea. "You didn't kill him, did you?"

Takanori chuckled softly, picking up his coffee. "No, ma'am. No murders on my record, I promise. Was just telling Yuu-kun over here how happy I am for him." He smiled, and he glanced over at her. "Thank you for the coffee, by the way."

She smiled. "You're welcome." She took a sip of her tea, sighing softly as it washed down her throat. "Don't expect too much, though. It's Yuu's recipe, but I'm not as good at it as he is." She leaned against him a little more, resting her free hand over his, and laughed softly as Takanori shook his head, chuckling, and took a drink. "What's the verdict?"

He laughed. "It's surprisingly good," he said. "You have learned well, grasshopper."

Yuu chuckled, picking up his own drink. "You're such a dork, Matsumoto," he said. "You're too damn antsy to be a martial arts master, anyway."

Natasha laughed softly. "Be nice, Yuu. Takanori's your guest. Be an ass at the shop, okay?" She heard him laugh gruffly as she took another sip of her tea, and she felt a flutter in her stomach that seemed to approve of the taste. "Besides, he's your main customer, and it would be terrible to lose business." She let out another soft laugh, and she looked over at him- he was rolling his eyes and smiling, making an obvious effort not to laugh.

"Yeah, Shiroyama." Takanori chuckled, taking another drink of his coffee and releasing an appreciative sigh. "Be nice. Your comment, albeit true and a little amusing, is no way to talk in front of a lady." He chuckled as he finished off his coffee and set it back on the tray, and he turned a little, settling against the couch and smiled at his friend. "God...just look at the two of you. How the hell is it possible for you to be that happy?"

Yuu smiled, chuckling softly. "No swearing, Matsumoto. Not in front of my son."

Takanori rolled his eyes. "All right, fine. But seriously, man. What is your secret? I mean, you met at a club and hit it off. I go to clubs all the time and I've never had what you two do."

"I was nice to her, for one. Not all women enjoy the go-straight-for-her-pants strategy." He smiled over at his friend, and laughed softly at the no shit expression being sent his way. And he thought for a moment, trying to pinpoint exactly what it was that had gone so well between them, and he smiled a little as he came up blank. "You'll have to excuse me for being cliche, but..." He paused, his gaze connecting with Natasha's, and his smile became a little wider. "I was in love with her right away."

She hummed softly, blushing a little as she leaned in to steal a kiss, and she bit her lip as she absently sipped at her tea. A glance to the side told her that Takanori was still watching them in awe, and she looked over at him with a bashful smile. "What is it?"

He shook his head. "Nothing." The Takanori that she'd gotten to know over the phone seemed not to exist at all, and she wondered if that was a front that the softer side of Takanori put up. "Just sitting here, incredibly jealous of what you two have."

Yuu's eyebrow raised. "We've been together for a while, Takanori."

The other man seemed to falter, and Natasha was sure she saw a faint flush in his cheeks. "I know that," he countered softly. "But hearing you flirt over the phone is different than seeing you walk home with her from the shop or seeing you cuddle on the couch."

"You thought we were staying together for the sake of the baby," Natasha said softly, and she smiled as Takanori gave a nod in response. "I'm here in Japan because of the baby," she said, and her smile softened. "But we're still together because we're in love. And..." She paused, blushing a little, and then she continued. "Maybe we're jumping into things a little, and others might think we're being foolish, but it feels right, you know? And if anything, we'll know that we gave it a shot."

Takanori smiled, and he chuckled softly as he said, "I knew there was a reason I liked you."
She smiled wider, resting her head on Yuu's shoulder, her eyes half-closing in content. "I'm glad you approve," she said softly. Her hand found Yuu's, and she gave a gentle squeeze as she looked over at Takanori once again. "Since you're one of his closest friends, it really means a lot."

He shrugged. "You're really good for him," he said. "And you take care of him." He smiled a little, not seeming to mind that he'd switched back into what he called 'gush mode', and he looked at his friend. "And that, Natasha-chan, is all I ask."