Odoroki

seven.

He smiled as he watched her pick up a mouthful of udon, raising an eyebrow as she took the first bite of it, and chuckled as her eyes closed and she made a quiet sound of approval. “Good?” He couldn’t hide the laughter in his voice, subtle as it was, and he grinned as she turned her head to glare at him, cupping her hand beneath the dangling noodles to keep them from falling.

A few moments passed, and when she could finally speak, she said, “Best udon I’ve ever had.”

“See? I told you.” He chuckled again, and he watched as she attempted to pick up another mouthful. “Too bad you’re terrible with chopsticks.” She turned her head, raising an eyebrow at him, and he flashed another grin. “Want some help?”

“Help?”

“Yeah. Here.” Her eyebrow drifted farther upward, but she relinquished her chopsticks to him when he motioned for them, and she watched as he adjusted them in his grip. He held them so expertly, and as he leaned closer to pick up some of her udon, she shivered- he’d pressed a quick kiss to her temple, and she could feel his smile against her skin. “Open up.” His voice was gentle, and she looked over at him, then the chopsticks, as he held up a mouthful of udon for her to take.

“Yuu, you don’t have to-“

“No, it’s fine. I don’t mind. Take a bite.” He flashed another smile, and he chuckled as she leaned forward, took a bite, and gave him a smile in return. For a moment, she saw that same flicker of warmth in his eyes, and she could remember her earlier urge to kiss and hug him and not let go. But then, after that moment had passed, the previous childlike glimmer returned. “It’s good, yes?” She nodded, and he grinned. “Perfect.”

And she watched, with widening eyes, as he claimed another bite of her noodles as his own. Then, she was doing her best not to laugh as he made a show out of enjoying it- eyes closed, fingers wiping away non-existent drool, earning a few confused stares from the passing crowds. He made over-exaggerated sounds of approval, and she would have called them moans if he hadn’t been half-laughing while making them.

They looked like they’d known each other for years to anyone on the outside- laughing, eating a takeout meal together, sitting close and all of that- and somehow, Natasha felt like she had known him that long. He was one of the most carefree people she’d met in a long time, and he was so open, and he was, in all truthfulness, the kind of man that she’d spent years trying to find. And there was a sort of magnetism about him- he drew her in, and being around him made it easier not to remember all of the things she had to do.

And, after what could have been hours of him feeding her and him eating his own udon in between, there was a moment in which Natasha remembered that morning’s yearning for him. Their laughter had faded, they were both finishing the last of their meal, and then without really thinking, she placed her hand over his. She felt him shiver as her fingers closed over his, and then she swayed forward and kissed him before she could stop herself.

All the rules about etiquette- including the one about not being overly affectionate in public- escaped her just long enough for a single wave of bravery, and his response seemed to be her reward. He turned just slightly to make the angle less awkward, and then she felt his palm on her cheek. His touch made her skin prickle, and she could feel goose bumps forming on her arms, and she pressed just a little bit closer, seeking out his warmth. And she felt her heart skip a beat when he drew back just slightly, but she melted all over again as he leaned in for another kiss.

His thumb brushed along her cheek as he kissed her, and then stopped, resting on her skin, when he pulled away. Unconsciously, she followed him forward, her lips meeting his cheek and her forehead resting against his, and when their gazes met, she blushed and gave a small smile. “Sorry,” she breathed, and she wasn’t sure if she meant it or if she was just saying it. “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t-“

“Hey.” His fingers drifted to her chin, and gently, he tilted her head so that she was looking at him. His smile was soft, and his voice had quieted considerably, now just above a low murmur. “I…I don’t mind, okay?” His fingers drifted back to her cheek, and she found herself shivering from the gentleness of the touch. “I mean, we definitely have not known each other for long, but-“

“No, Yuu, that’s…” She sighed, and then her gaze met his, and she smiled. “That’s exactly what I needed to hear.” He raised an eyebrow, seeming confused, but she merely released a quiet, breathy laugh, leaning forward and softly kissing his lips. “Can I have the rest of my tour now?”

He chuckled, nodding once, and gently squeezed her hand. “Yes,” he said. “Yes, you can.”