Status: Active

Paper Hearts and Lockets

Chapter 4

My mouth hung open as we stood. The words he just said starting to sink in. “Elizabeth?” My eyes darted to those of Leo’s. “You okay?”

“I-I’m just a bit surprised,” I smiled, looking down our intertwined hands. He gave a gentle squeeze. “Tomorrow is going to be horrible.”

“Why?”

“The anniversary,” was all I had to say before being engulfed in a hug by Leo. I took a deep breath, and hugged him back.

“I’ll be there, don’t you worry,” he said against my neck, forcing me to shiver. He started laughing and pulled away. “Sorry about that.” I shook my head, not wanting to speak. His hand cupped my chin, pulling it up. His eyes searched mine, “I wish I could help.”

“You can,” I said, pulling my head out of his reach. “Could you leave me alone for a little bit?” I asked. His eyes widened, he opened his mouth to say something but quickly closed it. He nodded, and opened the passenger door for me. I smiled slightly, climbing in and closing the door behind me. My eyes followed Leo as he walked around his black car, and got in. Leo didn’t speak but started the car, and drove for my house. Sitting on my lap my hands were bawled into fists, I glanced over at Leo. He brought a hand up to his cheek and wiped something away. “Leo...”

“What,” he snapped. My mouth hung open, and I just sat there. “That’s what I thought.”

“You don’t get it Leo,” I mumbled, looking down at the floorboard.

“What is there not to get? All I wanted to do was help you cope, and you push me away...”

“Leo...”

“What?”

“I don’t want you to be there when I’m going through this, that’s all.” He jerked the car to a stop, turning to me.

“I don’t really care, I just wanted to help!”

“And I know that, but for you to help you need to stay away. I’ll end up saying something I end up regretting,” I said, taking a hold of his hand.

“Like you just did?”

“No. I don’t regret saying that. I’m just afraid you toke that wrong.”

“I said I loved you, and this is how I get repaid? Putting yourself out there is one hell of a way to commit suicide,” he spat. Leaning across me, he opened the door. “Now... get out of my car.” he hesitated with those words, I looked in his beautiful green eyes, searching. He was sad, but he meant what he said. I bit down on my lip, and got out. I stood on the curb, holding a hand up to wave, but he sped off. I looked down the road, hoping he’d come back and kiss me. But he was long gone, and a single tear ran down my cheek.

I sighed, walking up my steps to the door of my pale blue house. I stopped, hesitating with the key. “Let me get that for you,” someone said from behind me. I gasped, and turned on my heel. “Surprised?” I nodded, he smiled. “I’m glad. May I come in?” again I nodded not finding my voice. We walked into the house, and he locked the door behind us. “I’ve missed you.”

“Why are you here?”

My whole body was shaking when he brought me in for a hug. “To see how my baby girl’s doing of course,” he smiled.

“I’m not yours anymore. Remember?” he shook his head, but he knew. “You should leave.”

“Not before I get a goodnight kiss,” he laughed, taking my hand. I gritted my teeth together, pulling my hand from his. “Feisty, aren’t we?” He walked toward me with a wicked grin on his face. I stopped where I was. “Going to give me want I want deary?” I nodded, and he cupped my chin. “A kiss and I’m gone,” he said, leaning down connecting his lips with mine. I set my lips in a straight line. He mumbled, “It would be nice if you kissed back darling.” I snarled, and held back a gag. He kissed me again, and I kissed back. He moved his lips slightly and pushed me against the wall. My hands started pushing on his chest, and he back up away from me.

“This is goodbye for now,” he growled, and walked out the door. I sighed, sliding down onto the floor. Tears started flowing down my now black smeared cheeks. My head was in my hands. Why had he come back, he surely still didn’t love me.

I got up from the ground, to find myself lying on the couch with a phone pressed against my ear. “Reagan, I need to talk to you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I loved writing this chapter. We might have a snow day tomorrow. but you never know. so yeah. :] I thought I'd write since I had an idea. :] please comment and subscribe. I wouldlove you forever if you did. :]

Love you all
-Baby Blue (Lizzy)