Status: Finished

Jailbird Romance

Chapter 1/1

Damn, it's pretty late already, and we're still sitting here.Can't those people hurry up?

I let my eyes take in the little room we're trapped in once again. The walls are barren and painted a horrible shade of green. There's two more women in my cell. One of them shamelessly flirting with one of the guys on the other side of the bars. The other woman is sitting quietly in one of the corners of the cell. She caught me looking at her, and she smiles at my shyly and insecure. I wonder what she'd done to be here. She doesn't look like a 'criminal'. But then again, neither do I. I smile back.

Dun Dunn Dunnn... Nothing happens here at all...
Let's just watch the scene before me then, since Doofus here, fell asleep.

I stare for a while at the woman trying, for some reason, so desperately to flirt with the man on the other sides of the bars. I can't help a grin.

I'm back with that clown of a husband of mine, and during the first night of our second try at a relationship, we're in a cell. Now separated by iron bars instead of our pride.
The only thing to watch being a desperate woman probably trying to get money or something. But that's starting to bore me out already as well. And this asshole is sleeping!

How did I end up here!?

The whole weekend comes rushing back again.
In one word: bizarre.

I mean, I had to go to court for a completely ridiculous reason. My ex-ex-lover became my bounty hunter. In the end we're both being hunted by different people for different reasons. We managed to survive it all, and now we're trapped in some stinking cell. And that fool is able to sleep?

I look on my left side, seeing my ex-ex-lover, slumped on the small bench snoring softly.

Just like in the hotel. Although it was faked back then. Asshole... A gorgeous asshole though. A childish gorgeous asshole that thinks it's more important to sleep, then to completely make up with his ex-ex-wife.

I stick my hand through the bars, and grab his. I send a rebellious glare to the sign, forbidding physical contact. With my index finger I start to softly rub his knuckles.

Milo's eyes start to flutter, and he pulls back his hand, to rub his eyes.
I look at him, he looks at me. It stays silent.

Say something dickhead!

'Hi, Nicole.'

'Hi, Milo.'

Silence again.

'What time is it?' Just like our conversation at the race track. Fancy that.

I look at my watch, and I sigh.

'10 O'Clock...' Milo's eyes widen.

'That late?' I nod.

'Yep. Those cops apparently aren't in a hurry.' I say and I shrug. Milo smiles. Now, he sticks his hand through the bars, and he starts to caress my cheek. He leans in, and my heart starts to beat faster.

I close my eyes when his lips touch mine. I stick my arms through the bars, and I start to caress the little hairs in his neck. His hands land on my hips. I smile when I imagine how we two must look. Kissing through bars. Milo understands and laughs as well.

After a few minutes the kiss ends, and we hold each others hands.

'Well, Nic. It's been a long time since we last treated each other like this.' Milo smirks mischievous, and I smile and roll my eyes.

'You hold your horses, mister. I think if we continue doing this, we'll end up in cells a little further from each other.' I say pointing at an angry looking officer.

Milo now also looks in his direction, and he waves.

'Hi, Mr. Crane!' He calls, and Mr Crane looks away with a bored expression on his face.

'That's Mr. Crane. Friendly guy.' says Milo, and we look at each other before bursting out laughing.

'Ah ha. And is there a reason he pretends to not know you?' I ask amused. He shrugs.

'He's just jealous I've got such a beautiful wife.' I slap him on the shoulder playfully.

'Asskisser...' I giggle, trying to get as close to him as possible.

'Yes, but in the right jacket.'

The End
♠ ♠ ♠
Please, please, please comment. It'd make my day! XD