Into Your Icy Blues

Twelve.

January 4, 2007

"What's wrong, Jade?"

Jade had been home for a grand total of two days and for both of them James had been bugging her, saying she was even more quiet than usual, babe, what’s up.

"Nothing, James," she groaned, trying to concentrate on her laptop, where she was going through pictures from a shoot they had done earlier that day. "God, teenagers," she moaned, finding it almost impossible to find a decent picture in the whole batch.

"What about them?" the man next to her questioned, peeking over her shoulder before scrunching his nose up in disgust. "Ew," he agreed, before shutting the laptop. "Now tell me what's wrong," he cooed. She merely glared back.

"James Michael Poulsen, if you aren't at least five feet away from me in the next ten seconds, I'm going to punch you in the face." The man was halfway across the room in less than five seconds. Huffing, he spun around and marched out of the room.

"Drama queen," Jade muttered before opening her laptop and continuing to look through the photos.

"Come on, Jade," Gerard Way whined into the phone. "Just for a few weeks."

"That's what Bob said last time!" the girl exclaimed.

"Yes, well, now I'm asking."

"He sent you, did he?" her eyes narrowed at the plain white wall she had been staring at for the past ten minutes.

"No," he groaned. "But I'm sure he wants you to come, as well. We all do. Please?!"

"I'll think about it," Jade finally replied, squeezing her eyes shut in frustration.

"Yes!" Gerard cheered. “I have to go, but call me when you've made up your mind?"

"Sure thing. Bye, Gerard." With that, she ended the call. "Nuisance.”

The band would be taking off on tour again in late February and she already gotten called by her brother and both Way brothers asking her to come along. Sighing, she sat her phone down on her bed and stood up, heading for the kitchen.

"Jade, there's someone here to see you!" Kevin called from somewhere in the front part of the studio.

"Who?" she called back distractedly, concentrating on the blonde she was currently photographing. It had been three weeks since she had spoken to Gerard; she knew what lengths he might be willing to go to.

"I dunno!" her co-worked called back, sounding a bit closer.

"He's cute!" another voice that she recognized as James' came from the front. Jade groaned.

"Alright, well tell him to be patient! I need to finish this shoot!" she called back, gesturing at the girl to change her pose.

"Kay!" someone called back. A moment later, she heard a door close from somewhere nearby.

"That's promising," she murmured, bringing her eye back down to the camera.

"Alright, you're all done," Jade told the girl, turning a few pieces of equipment off before heading towards the front of the studio, wondering who was waiting for her there.

Reaching the front part of the large room that took up most of the space in the studio, she opened the door to the part they had converted onto a waiting room only to find James sitting next to a rather frightened looking man.

"Uh, what are you doing here?" she deadpanned.

Frank Iero looked up from his hands, which were gripping each other tightly.

At the same time, James' eyes also flew up to her. Grinning, he flew out of his seat and over to her.

"Look who’s here to see you," he enthused.

He quickly pushed her down into the seat next to Frank before scurrying out of the room.

"Frank… why are you here?"

The two had been sitting in a horribly awkward silence for the past minute.

"To visit you?" It came as more of a question then an answer to her question.

"Okay. Frank, why are you really here?"

"Jamia and I got fighting again... I needed to get out of Jersey. Gerard, uh, suggested that I come here."

"It always seems to be Gerard's fault," Jade mused.

"I can go back," Frank hurried out. "I told him it was a bad idea, but he bought me the plane ticket and drove me to the airport. But I don't want to be an incon-"

"Frank," Jade interrupted. "It's fine. I didn't mean to sound... uninviting. I don't mind you here." Seeing the doubtful look not leaving his face, she quickly added a quiet "Really," and let her hand rest on his arm. When a small smile came to rest on his face, she retracted her hand and turned back toward the wall in front of her.

The two sat there until James came out to check on them.

"So, uh, you can stay at my apartment, if you want," Jade told Frank as the two walked out of the studio at the end of the day. "We've got a guestroom, and Bob's room is empty."

"Alright," he nodded. When they reached her car, he slid the duffel bag full of clothes that he had brought with him into the backseat before slipping into the passenger's seat.

On the drive to her apartment, the two made small talk that revolved mostly around the band. Reaching the apartment complex, Frank let a slightly girlish scream as he got out of the car. Jade shot him an odd look as she pulled her bag out of the backseat.
"I, Frank Iero, get to see the mysterious Bryar siblings' apartment," he grinned wildly, throwing his black duffel bag over his shoulder as he closed to backseat door.

"Nutcase," Jade muttered, shaking her head in mock disgust as she led him toward the complex entrance.

Frank grinned and hurried to catch up with her.

"You love it," he whispered into her ear as they approached the elevator.

The twosome spent the night watching an America's Next Top Model marathon.

"I still can't believe you like this show," Jade mused as a commercial break began. Pushing herself off of the couch, she headed towards the kitchen. Looking a bit miffed, Frank launched himself off of the couch and hurried after her.

"It's a good show!" he defended, standing in the doorway of the kitchen as she dug through the fridge looking for something to drink.

"Never said it wasn't," said her muffled voice.

"Then stop making fun of me," the man whined, stomping his foot a bit to exaggerate his point. Jade poked her head around the door of the refrigerator.

"Are you throwing a hissy fit, Frank Iero?"

"No..." he pouted, scuffling his foot a bit and letting his hair fall into his eyes.

"Right." She pulled a bottle of Snapple out. "Help yourself," she said, gesturing around the kitchen before beginning to make her way out of the kitchen.

"Jade?" She paused. "Do you think we could maybe, er, talk about what happened? You know, back in Jersey," he added. His front teeth clamped over his bottom lip as he anxiously awaited her answer.

"I'd rather not," she replied after a moment of silence. With that, she continued on her way up to her room. The next morning when she stumbled into the kitchen in search for her daily dose of caffeine, she would discover that they had obtained a visitor sometime during the night.