Into Your Icy Blues

Seventeen.

"Hey man, what's up?" Gerard Way greeted the rhythm guitarist of his band. Frank stood just outside of Gerard's bunk with his hands jammed in the pockets of his black skinny jeans. His head was lowered, his eyes trained on the worn carpet below him.

"Can I come in?"

"Yeah," Gerard responded, giving his friend an odd look as he ducked down and sat on the opposite side of the small bed. "What's up, kid?"

"The boys are gone again?" James questioned when he arrived at Jade's apartment to pick her up for work.

"Yeah," she muttered absentmindedly as she dug through a drawer full of shirts. "They have a show in Paris in a few days."

"So they flew from Europe back to the states just to fly back again?"

"Mhm."

"Why?"

"I don't know, James," she sighed impatiently as she slid into a clean shirt.

"Okay, okay. You ready?"

"Yeah. Let's roll."

The two arrived at the studio twenty minutes later. A group of four or five teenage girls stood outside the door waiting.

"Hi!" one of them greeted cheerfully. "Are you guys the photographers? We're here to have our prom pictures taken?"

"You're the ones schedules for nine? You're a bit early, but come on in," James greeted, unlocking the door and leading the group in. "When will the boys be here?"

"Soon hopefully," another girl chimed in, rolling her eyes slightly.

"Okay, well why don't you have a seat out here while we wait for the rest of the crew to get here? It shouldn't be too long."

"I thought you were supposed to have prom pictures taken AT prom," Jade whispered as she and her friend walked into the back room of the studio.

"You never know with kids these days, girl."

The entire morning was spent applying and reapplying makeup and hair spray in between pictures.

Between the group pictures, single pictures, and couples pictures, the whole ordeal lasted until two that afternoon.

"My mom already sent the check, right?" one of the girls questioned as she slid on the shoes she had come in that morning.

"Yeah, we got it yesterday," Jade called over her shoulder from the kitchen counter.

"Awesome. Well thank you guys so much. I know my friends can be pains, but we all really appreciate it." She stood up and made her way over to the kitchen area.

"No problem," Jade returned, sharing a quick hug with her. "Feel free to come back if you ever need pictures taken again."

"Sure!" the girl smiled her perfect smile before joining the boy waiting for her at the door.

"Oh, we can send the disks out within the next few days for you to choose which ones you want printed out."

"Awesome! Bye!"

"Fucking honestly," James sighed from where he lay sprawled out on the couch on the opposite side of the island counter. "I don't give a flying fuck what your favorite color is, you should be concerned with what color looks good on you. That one pink number was awful."

"Down boy," Jade laughed as she joined him. "You wanna go grab some coffee before those models get here later?"

"You totally read my mind."

"How serious are you and Frank?" Eliza Cuts questioned her friend as the two sat in a quiet cafe in the outskirts of Paris.

"I'd like to think we're pretty serious. I mean, I love him a lot, but recently, I don't know. Something's been off. We'll get through it, though. We always do."

"Why didn't you go back to the States with him?"

"He was just going to visit some family in Jersey," Jamia shrugged. "It's not every day I get to come to Europe. I decided to stay here."

Eliza bit her bottom lip in concern.

"Why?" Jamia questioned, giving her a weird look.

"Frank wasn't in Jersey. He went back to Chicago with Gerard and Toro. That's why I didn't go either."

"… What?"

"What's up, dude?" Gerard asked again. "Did something happen?"

"I-."

"Frank? What happened?"

"I slept with Jade."