Into Your Icy Blues

Two.

They arrived at a door at the end of the hall, and as her mother pulled open the door to reveal a large, private room, nearly every pair of eyes in the room turned towards her.

Jade's eyes flew over to the bed where her older brother laid with his eyes shut.

"Dude, your, uh, girlfriend is here," one of the four boys spoke.

Her eyes flew over to the man with wild, frizzy brown hair, who looked about as confused as he sounded.

Her eyes flew back over to her brother as his eyes slowly opened. "Toro, I don't have a girlfri- Jade!" he exclaimed happily, his arms opening.

She grinned and nearly flew into his arms, wrapping her thin arms as far around him as she could. "Thank God you're okay," she murmured, shutting her eyes briefly before pulling away and examining her brother. His now long hair looked a bit greasy and his ever-present lip ring had been removed, but other than that, he appeared to be in decent condition. "Robert Nathanial Bryar," she began, "What on earth did you do to yourself this time?"

"You didn't hear?" He sounded surprised.

"Well, brother dearest-"

"Brother?" a surprised voice interrupted her.

She glanced over at the group of people who had been watching them and her eyes landed on a girl who she could only accurately describe as what people referred to as a "scene queen". The girl was clutching the hand of a stick thin boy with obviously died black hair and a small amount of eyeliner on.

Jade stared at the girl for a minute before realizing an answer was probably expected. "Been keeping me a secret from your friends, Bobert?" she questioned teasingly as she turned back around to face her sibling.

"More like, you've been keeping yourself a secret," he defended. "Here I am telling them about how amazing my little sister is, but hey, sorry guys, she kind of doesn't want to meet you. I think they've doubted your existence for a while now, actually."

"And I've ruined that for them? Damn. You go and get yourself stuck in a hospital and I loose my reputation. Thanks, Bobby." she glared mockingly at him. "Why, exactly, are you here, by the way? All I get is a phone call saying that my only brother is in some hospital in New York City having surgery, can I please get the next flight out." She looked down at him expectantly.

"Yeah …about that. Well, you remember how we were shooting the new video?"

Jade blinked. "Um... sure," she innocently looked at him.

A loud burst of laughter flew from his mouth, and the seven other occupants of the room all stared at him in surprise. Still chuckling a minute later, Bob grinned helplessly up at his sister. "Do you not listen to anything I say?" he questioned.

"Usually when you start blabbering about the band, I tune you out," she replied honestly. He smiled sarcastically at her.

Just as she opened her mouth to speak again, the door opened, and her father walked in with a girl who immediately flew over to one of the four boys, who Jade now guessed to be her brother's band mates, and grabbed his hand in hers, kissing him on the cheek.

"Daddy!" Jade said happily, practically skipping over to her father and tossing her arms around him enthusiastically.

"Hi baby girl," the man responded, seeming just as happy to see her. "I'm glad you're here. You're brother kept asking to see you." He grinned cheerfully at his son. "How are you feeling, Robert? I brought you some real food."

Bob let another small smile grace his lips. "I'm good, dad. And thank you." He added quickly grabbing at the bag from his father's hand as his mother shook her head disapprovingly.

"Robert, I'm not sure you should be eating that."

"Let him eat what he wants, mom," Jade scowled darkly at her mother. She had always been a daddy's girl, avoiding her mother whenever she could. Instead of being the girly girl her mother had expected, Jade liked wearing her brother's old clothing and hanging out with his friends.

Her mother immediately looked a bit put out, and nodded quickly. "Okay. You're right. He's an adult." she said softly and sat down in one of the empty chairs.

After briefly considering apologizing, and deciding against it, Jade turned back to her brother.

"So. Are you going to tell me how you got stuck in here or not?"

Several minutes later, Jade stared wide-eyed down at brother as he finished explaining how he had managed to get a staph infection. "He's tried to sneak out of the room twice, too," an amused voice said from behind her.

Turning around, she her eyes quickly flew across everyone in the room, before landing on the one with wild, frizzy hair. Spinning back around, she hit her brother on the head lightly. "Moron," she snapped. "You could have died!"

"I'm fine...” he muttered, looking a bit ashamed of himself. “And I didn't want to have to cancel shows just because of this."

"Bob...” she heard another voice say warningly. This time, a man with short peroxide blonde hair had spoken.

"I know, I know," he grumbled. "You need to rest up, Mr. Bryar," he imitated someone in a loud, squeaky voice. Jade grinning and wrapped her brother in another hug.

"I'm glad you're okay," she said as she pulled away from her slightly surprised brother.

He smiled softly up at her. "Me, too."

"So," she started, turning around once again to face the group of people. "I'm assuming you're the ones that my brother always abandons me for. Names?" She said this all quickly, scanning over the group of seven people that all looked reasonably close to her age.

They all looked fairly surprised. "You… uh, don't know who we are?"

"My Chemical Romance," she said airily. "That's all I know, though. Names?" she requested again, sounding a bit more impatient this time. She glanced at the boy sitting at the far left expectantly. "Toro", her brother had called him.

"Oh, uh, Ray Toro," he said quietly, seeming a bit intimidated.

Next her eye's traveled to the black headed boy and the girl that had spoken earlier.

"Mikey Way," he said a bit weakly under her slight glare.

"Alicia Simmons," the previously dubbed "scene queen" announced, sounding a bit bolder than her counterparts.

"An honor, I'm sure," Jade retorted sarcastically.

"Jade, be nice," her brother warned, sounding a bit nervous as well. Her eyes softened.

"Sorry," she replied quietly, turn back to his friends and looking at the next sitting next to Alicia, who also had a girl attached to him. This one looked like someone Jade could actually get along with.

"Gerard Way," the blonde smiled slightly at her.

"Brothers?" she questioned glancing back at Mikey for a second.

"Yep," Gerard's smile widened.

Jade chuckled slightly. "Cute." Her eyes then went to the girl holding Gerard's hand.

"Eliza Cuts," the girl grinned.

Jade noticed her hair matched Gerard's, and she let another small smile make its way onto her face before her eyes moved to the last couple. The man was looking at her curiously, while the girl seemed to be staring off into space. Silence filled the room for a moment, before Jade cleared her throat. "So do you two have names?" Both seemed to snap out of the dazes they seemed to be in.

"Oh, uh... Frank," the man said quickly. "Frank Iero."

"Jamia Nestor."

"Well, charmed to meet you all, I suppose," Jade drawled before turning back to her brother. "Happy?"

A few weeks later, Bob was finally being released.

"Finally!" he shouted as he walked out the front doors of the hospital with Jade by his side. "I'm free!" he beamed down at her.

She grinned. "That you are, Bobert. That you are. So, what next? More shows?"

"Yep," he smiles, and then looked at her again. "You should come," he said, a hint of hopefulness in his voice.

"Bob...” she began, already sounding a bit annoyed.

"Please?" he asked in a softer voice. "The guys all like you and I'm sure you have a few extra vacation days."

"All of them," she admitted.

His eyes widened. "Now you definitely have to come. You don't have a choice," he added. "Besides," he said, a mischievous smile now planted on his face, "Don't you want to stay with your favorite brother while he's handicapped?"

"Only brother," she stuck her tongue out at him. "And handicapped, Mr. Skipping-Out-Of-His-Room?"

He mockingly batted his eyelashes at her and stuck out his bottom lip. She snorted.

"I'll go if you never do that again," she bargained.

"Done!" he announced, wrapping her in a hug.

"Only for a bit, though," she warned, arms still wrapped around him. "A few weeks, at the most."

"Yeah, yeah," he muttered, pulling away smiling. "She's coming," he shouted back to his group of friends who had been trailing behind them. Most merely nodded in approval, a few looked a bit happy, and two looked a bit annoyed. She snarled at the two girls who glared back.

Her brother laughed. "Play nice."

She looked at him with wide eyes. "Why, of course. Are you insinuating that I'm not nice?"

"Yes," he responded bluntly.

"Well you, Mr. Bryar, would be right," she agreed.

He grinned and wrapped an arm around her shoulder as they reached a large tour bus.

"It's... big," she decided.

"No, shit," a voice come from behind her. She turned around and glared at the girl. Her eyes narrowed when she realized who it was.

"Listen up, Alice-"

"Alicia."

"Whatever. I'm not going to put up with your crap. I honestly don't give a damn if you don't like me, but don't treat me like dirt. I don't know how much it would cost to repair your nose if something were to happen to it, but I'm sure you don't want to find out." She pretended to think for a second. "But then again, I'm sure you would know. Never mind, then. I wouldn't mind taking a swing at you." With that she turned and followed her brother who had already climbed aboard the bus.

He grinned at her as she entered the front room. "You're amazing."

She dusted her shoulders off jokingly. "Yeah, well...” she said, dropping her head in mock humbleness.

He laughed again. "Modesty doesn't suit you, sugar," a voice said from behind her, causing her to jump slightly, finding a blonde haired man smirking behind her. She poked him in the stomach.

"Don't do that," she warned him, giving his one final poke for good measure. He pouted and held his stomach. Suddenly his eyes flew between her and her brother a few times.

"Wow, you two are practically twins," he commented.

Jade stared at him for a moment. "You've known me for a week and it took you this long to notice?"

"The lights were poor in that room," he defended weakly, looking a bit embarrassed. She chuckled.

"I'm kidding, dude," and surprised everyone by wrapping her arms around him quickly, before pulling back and putting space between them. "I think we are going to get along just fine, Mr. Way."

"Both of them?" a somewhat hopefully voice came from behind him as Mikey appeared behind his brother.

She studied him for a second. "When you don't have anything attached to you," she decided.

He looked confused for a minute before realizing what she was talking about. "Oh... well, good enough, I guess. For now," he added and stepped forward, his arms open slightly.

She eyed him for a minute before stepping into them and giving him a quick hug.

"Oh, hug feast! I want one!"