Into Your Icy Blues

Nine.

"So, I hear you want a dog."

"Go away, Iero."

The man looked vaguely insulted.

"I was just being nice."

"Did you hear what else Ray and I talked about?"

"... No. Should I have?"

"No. Yes, I do want a dog."

"Well, we could get you one. What kind?"

"I'm not going to bring a dog into a house that doesn't even belong to me, Frank."

"It could stay with me while you're in Jersey."

"I'm not going to make you dog-sit my dog that I don't even have."

"I wouldn't mind. She can hang out with Bella and the others."

"First off, how do you know if I want a she? Secondly, I am not getting a dog."

"Come on! We can go right now." And with that, the girl was tossed over his shoulder. Luckily, she was already wearing a jacket and jeans, but shoes were another story. Gritting her teeth, she clamped her eyes shut, knowing that fighting him was useless. As he reached the front door and reached down to grab her shoes, several heads turned to them from the couch.

"Where the hell are you taking my sister, Iero?"

"To get a dog." Ray's giggle could be heard from somewhere in the room.

"What kind of dog?"

"No idea. She won't tell me what kind she wants, but we'll figure it out."

"Whatever." With that, Bob turned back to the television. Shrugging, Frank opened the front door with his available hand and made his way out to his parked car.

Hours later, the two walked out of a house in Bloomfield, New Jersey. In the man's hand was a list of things the two would be buying when they reached Petsmart a few minutes later. In the girl's arms was a ball of black and white fur bundled up in a blanket. The girl had a smile stretching across her face as she looked down at the bundle in adoration. When they reached the car parked out on the street, she turned to the man pulling the passenger door open for her.

"Thank you, Frank. For bringing me here and just… everything." she said sincerely before slipping into the car.

A few minutes later, they pulled into the parking lot of Petsmart and made their way inside, bundle in tow.

"We have returned!" Frank's voice echoed through the Way household as the two walked into the front room which was now empty. The Way brothers appeared immediately and were soon followed by their significant others.

"Puppy!" Gerard squealed and hurried over to Jade. "What is it? Is it a boy or girl? What's its name? Aww, so cute," all came flying out of his mouth as he stroked the bit of black fur that could be seen.

"Husky. Kono. Boy." Sitting down on the couch with the bundle sitting in her lap, she pulled back some of the towel to reveal two icy blue eyes.

"You have the same eyes!"

"I think he's more excited than you," Frank commented, dropping down next to her, both of them smiling. Jade, because of the fur ball in her lap. Frank, because of the girl sitting next to him.

Within the next few days, Christmas presents had been exchanged, Jamia had just returned, and Jade couldn't be happier. The only time she saw Frank was when she dropped her puppy off at his house for the night. Along with Kono, she spent a lot of time with Gerard and Eliza.

"Hey Frank?" Gerard asked his best friend one day when Jade and Eliza were out buying the puppy a new collar.

"Hm?" the distracted man answered as he strummed the guitar sitting in his lap.

"Why didn't you get Jade a Christmas present?" Frank stopped strumming and looked up, eyebrows furrowed.

"I did…"

"Really?" Gerard looked confused as well. "What?"

"What do you think Kono was?"

"You bought him?"

"Yeah."

"How much was he?" Gerard looked smug. Frank looked sheepish.

"Not too much..."

"I'm sure. That was cool of you, though."

"Yeah, well."

"Just be careful, dude. Don't get yourself into anything unless you're sure of yourself, okay?"

"Yeah. Thanks, Gee."

"You bought her a dog."

"Yes, I did. For Christmas."

"You bought her a seven hundred dog for Christmas."

"Yes."

"And stuff for the dog. Was that for Christmas, too?"

"That was for the dog for Christmas."

"A dog not even a month old needs gets more for Christmas then I do? A dog that isn't even yours?"

"The dog got things it needed for Christmas, yes. And you got jewelry and clothes and other crap that you didn't need, yes."

"You spent more on her than you did on me."

"She didn't want me to buy it for her."

"And that makes what difference?"

"She didn't expect a Christmas present at all."

"I'm your fiancé, Frank! Yes, I expect a Christmas present!"

"I spent more on Gerard than I did on you, too."

"I think you should leave, Frank."

"It's my house."

"Fine, I'll leave."