Status: slow

Suddenly I See

Nine Months Later

It seems like for once in my life everything decided to fall into place perfectly. When I decided to model, everything was going for me, and now, nine months later, I'm at the top of the world. If I didn't have Leah with me, I probably would have cracked sometime during the past nine months. She acted like my sister, and helped to keep me sane when my mother wasn’t there to help me. I can never thank her enough for her help.

The beginning of our careers took off with a bang. It seemed like the moment Tyra decided we were her Golden Girls everyone in the business wanted something to do with us. We were overbooked for months, and our first free day in forever was last week. Leah and I spent it watching movies and stuffing ourselves in the condo we now call home. We had both moved out of our parent's houses, and we moved in together because it was the easiest thing to do. Most of our jobs were together anyway, so we spent almost every day with each other.

My mom still worked, but she was Tyra's manager person now. She worked half the time she did at her old job and made twice as much money. My brother…well he kind of just left when I became famous. He would call every other week to make sure I was okay, but other than that he just smoked pot with his friends. He had dropped out of college two months in.

Speaking of school, Leah and I just finished our senior year of home-schooled high school, and we were done with learning forever! We actually finished the day before our free day, so we used our free day as a reward. A lot of the models we knew starved themselves, but for some reason Leah and I stayed skinny no matter what we ate. It was crazy.

Today we each had our own agenda. I was shooting my first cover for Seventeen, and she was doing a special guest appearance on ANTM with Tyra. Most of the work Leah and I had done was more European and Vogue, and we were just starting to get into the more commercial American market. I was so excited to shoot on Seventeen, and when Leah first told me I didn't believe her at all.

*****FLASHBACK*****
I had just gotten out of the shower and put my clothes on, and I was getting ready to dry my hair. Right when I switched on the blow dryer Leah came in.

"YOU GOT A SHOOT ON SEVENTEEN!" She yelled above the noise of the dryer.

My jaw dropped, and I switched off the blow dryer to make sure I heard right.

"Pardon?"

"You got a shoot on Seventeen next month." She squealed. "It's with some pop boy band, though…" She trailed off. "I forget what they're called."

"OMG!" I jumped up and down and hugged her, and then stopped when I realized that she hadn't said WE she had said YOU. That meant only I had gotten it. "What about you, Lili?"

"I get something better from Momma T as a loser's reward." She told me, smirking. Momma T was our nickname for Tyra. "She says I can guest star on ANTM with her."

"What?" My eyebrows skyrocketed. "No fair!"

"Hey! Don't yell no fair at me, girlie." She gave me the attitude head bob, and I laughed. "You get Seventeen, I get ANTM. It is SO fair."

I smiled. "I know. I just like teasing." I turned back to the mirror. "Now get out, I need to finish my hair before bed. I don't want it to poof like last time."

Leah laughed. "It was really fluffy!"

I fake glared at her and pushed her out the door. "Get out you meanie!"

*****END FLASHBACK*****

I walked up the steps to the building that we would be shooting at. I was a cover shoot, and they were going to focus on my sudden rise to modeling. I was also going to let out some of my upcoming secrets. I could not wait. I opened the door to the building and was just going to step in when my phone rang with Leah's ringtone. I let go of the door and grabbed for the phone in my purse, letting the door swing back towards my face.

"Hello?" Right as I said that the door hit me.

I fell on the ground with a bump, letting my phone and everything in my purse fly. I was so clumsy; I had just tripped in FLATS.

"Are you okay?" A male voice asked behind me.

I looked around to see three curly haired boys picking up my stuff. I smiled and brought myself to my feet.

"Yeah, I'm okay. Thanks for helping pick up my stuff."

"It's our pleasure to help a pretty girl like you." The boy with the fohawk said politely, standing up straight and handing me my purse. "My name's Joe. How about you?"

"Rosemarie." I stuck out my hand for him to shake, but he took it and kissed it. I blushed a bright red as my hand tingled. "You can call me Rose, though. Everyone does."

"Rose. That's pretty." Said the boy with kinky curls. He looked about my age, while the other two looked older. "I'm Nick." He handed me my iPod and some make-up that had fallen out of my bag in the spill.

"Hey Nick." I smiled sweetly. "Thanks for helping me."

"No problem."

He smiled a clothes-lipped smile and I did a double-take. I swear I had seen that same look somewhere else. The look was so signature…

I was going to shake his hand when I realized that my hand was still in Joe's. I tried to get it out but he unconsciously gripped harder when I tried to do so. The third boy in the group stood up straight then, and when he saw my expression and Joe's hand he rolled his eyes.

"Seriously Joe?" Joe looked at the direction of the boy's eyes and quickly dropped my hand, blushing. "What if Ashley was here?" Joe looked confused. "You know, the GIRL WHO IS YOUR GIRLFRIEND?!" Joe's face broke into one of realization, and he blushed even harder. "Yeah, I though so." The boy then turned to me and studied me. "You're Rosemarie?" He asked shocked.

"In the flesh." I smiled, grinning. People were always shocked at how young I was. When you hear supermodel you usually think of someone at least in their twenties.

"I though you would be older…" He trailed off, then shook his head to refocus himself. "Well I'm Kevin." He held out his hand and I shook it. "We're the Jonas Brothers, the band you'll be shooting with today. I believe we have a shared cover…?" He trailed off. "Don't you even remotely know who we are?"

"No." I bluntly told them. "Hate to break it to you, but I only listen to rock and roll."
♠ ♠ ♠
Jonas Brothers are in it :) Nobody's reading the story, so I might delete it. IDk.