‹ Prequel: Broken Glass

A Little Hope

"Until next time..."

~

“Hey beautiful.” Tom purred, hugging his husband from behind.

“T-Tomi?” Bill asked cautiously, surprised by his husband's caring tone.

“Who else would it be?” the cornrowed man chuckled, kissing Bill's cheek lovingly.

Almost immediately, Bill's lips turned up into a smile as a tear slipped down his cheek. He dropped the dishes he had been doing into the sink, slipping off the gloves, to turn around and look at his husband hopefully.

Tom frowned seeing Bill's tears. Before he could say anything, Bill had thrown his arms around his neck, whimpering softly into his neck. On reflex, he wrapped his arms around the man, holding him tightly against his chest. “Billa, what's wrong?” he asked, rubbing soothing circles into his back.

Bill grinned happily at the mention of his nickname. Tom hadn't called him that months. “Nothing Tomi.” he replied, pulling back to wipe away his tears. “Nothing's wrong. I just...I love you. I love you, Tom.” he whispered, breaking out into a grin again.

Quirking a brow in confusion, Tom said, “I love you too, Billa. But...why are crying?”

“I'm just happy.” he replied, hugging Tom again. “I'm just happy I have the real you back for a day.” he thought.

“Happy about what?”

“...I'm happy that you love me.”

Tom smiled, kissing Bill's lips tenderly before looking him in the eyes. “I'm happy I love you too.” he stated. “Now...what's on the agenda for today?”

“Can we just...stay home? Spend some time together?” Bill asked in a small voice, grabbing Tom's hand.

“Anything for you.”

~

Bill smiled as he watched Tom play with his dread locks. He leaned into the touch, the older male tugging him closer.

“I have a present for you, Billa.” Tom whispered, kissing Bill's neck.

“Really? What is it?” the raven haired teen asked, sitting up eagerly as Tom turned to reach for something.

Turning back around, Tom opened the recently purchased jewelry box, revealing a necklace, with 'Billa' written in diamonds along the pendant.

Bill gasped at the sight of the gift, jaw dropping open. He was a complete girl when it came to jewelry.

“Well...do you like it?” Tom asked.

“I...I love it! But...what's the occasion?”

“The occasion? No occasion.” Tom shrugged, lifting the necklace from the box and gesturing to Bill. “Just...” he paused, as he hooked the gift around the back of Bill's pale neck as the boy held his hair up. “Another way of expressing how much I love you.”

Bill blushed, looking down and stroking the diamonds gently, paranoid about breaking the necklace. Leaning over and kissing his husband, he leaned on the man's chest, sighing contently at the sound of his calm heartbeat.

These were the days that made the torture all worth wild. One day of this was enough for Bill to keep striving, never giving up on Tom.

“What do you say we celebrate?” Tom suggested, stroking Bill's arm. Bill grinned evilly, recognizing his husband's lustful, erotic voice he used only when he wanted to get Bill in the mood. He really missed that.

“I thought there was no occasion.” Bill grinned, biting his lip.

“Then make something up. I now declare this day, National Love Day. A day in which you prove to your husband exactly how much you love him.” the older man smirked, pinching Bill's ass to make him squeak. The squeak was immediately followed by a giggle, Bill fleeing to the bedroom, Tom not far behind.

~

Bill smiled as his body slowly awakened, not wanting to open his eyes. The previous night had been perfect. He and Tom had made hot, passionate love all night, not giving up until they couldn't take it anymore.

He rolled onto his side, reaching his hand out to stroke his husband's hip. “Morning Tomi.” he whispered sensually, cuddling up against the other man's back.

His eyes shot open only second later, after having his hand slapped. He looked up only to see a very angry looking Tom glaring at him.

“At least I got him for one night...” he thought, looking at the hate the man's eyes held.

“Tomi I-”

“What the fuck are you doing on my bed?” he snapped, Bill wincing and sitting up slowly, not wanting to piss off his returning husband. They had slept in separate beds for more than three years, at Tom's demand.

“...last night we made love. You wanted to...cuddle afterward...” he explained.

Tom scowled, then grinned mockingly. “Make love? What is this, the fifteenth century? It's called sex. But that still doesn't answer my question.”

“You asked me to stay. You wanted to hold me.” Bill replied, remembering the sweet, and gentle tone Tom had used the night before.

Tom rolled his eyes, only for them to land on Bill's neck. “What is that?” he asked, staring at the diamond necklace.

Bill brought his hand up to stroke the diamonds again, thinking about the kinder Tom again. “You gave it to me last night. You said...you said it was a symbol of your love for me.”

“How much did I pay for it?”

“I...I don't know. You didn't tell me.”

Tom began to raise his fist, Bill's eyes getting wide.

“I swear! Tomi, I swear you didn't tell me! You just said you had a present for me, and then you put the necklace on me! I never saw a receipt or anything!”

Tom glared once again, but thought twice, and ripped the necklace harshly off of Bill's neck. The diamonds and bits of the chain scattered over the bed, Bill not even flinching. He was too busy staring at the pieces, desperately trying not to cry. It had been the first gift Tom had given him in two years. Even Christmas. All Tom ever did was go out and get drunk on Christmas Eve, not coming home until around noon the following morning, reeking of booze and smoke.

“Now hide that goddamn skeleton you call a body, you sick whore. Then clean the bed and pick up the pieces. I want all of them, cause I will check my account.” Tom instructed, grabbing a cigarette from the side table, lighting it quickly.

Bill hesitated still trying not to cry, and stupidly reached for the broken 'B' that had once spelled his name, only to have his wrist grabbed and clenched tight by his husband. He looked up at Tom with teary eyes, apologies written in his eyes.

“What did I say?” Tom growled, blowing smoke into the boy's face.

“...hide my hideous body because I'm a whore. Then pick up the diamonds.” Bill repeated, grasping the sheets and pulling them around his chest and up to his shoulders.

“Good boy.” Tom smirked, letting the boy go.

As Bill turned the corner to leave the room, he collapsed at the top of the stairs, breaking down into silent sobs. He only had that necklace to go on while he waited for another good day for Tom. And that day could have been months, maybe even years away. And by tomorrow that little thing that would help him keep his sanity would be sitting in a pawn shop, taunting wannabe thugs and shoplifters.

“...I want my husband back...” he whispered, digging his nails into his arms, flinching when the skin broke and bubbles of blood popped up.

~

Inhaling deeply, and running a hand through his hair, Bill entered his husband's bedroom, knocking on the wall softly to announce his arrival.

“What?” Tom asked gruffly.

“T-Tomi...?”

“Huh?” he asked, obviously not wanting to listen.

“I...can I please have my necklace back...?” Bill asked, his voice small and insecure.

Tom looked up, shocked and angered that he would request such a thing. “Excuse me?”

“I...can I please have my necklace back? It's...it's all I have when you go away on business and go out with your friends. It makes me think of you when I feel alone. I'll fix it myself. I won't pay anyone to do it. I promise.” Bill begged, prepared to get down on his knees and plead for it back.

“...why should I?”

“Please Tom? I'll do anything. I'm begging you. I love that necklace and-”

“Anything?”

Bill nodded, pursing his lips.

“Will you suck me off every morning? As a wake up call.”

“Promise.”

“Will you always do whatever I say, when I say it? Never talking back?”

“No matter what.”

“Would you fuck yourself with a zucchini, letting me record it and watch it with the G's?” Tom really grinned at the last, seeing Bill's eyes fall.

Bill bowed his head, ashamed of his answer, and nodded, blushing when Tom laughed at him.

Tom shrugged, leaning back and tossed Bill a baggy with the pieces. “Knock yourself out. It's not worth half as much now that it's broken.” he stated, not at all noticing the joy that had appeared in Bill's eyes for the brief moment when he caught the baggie.

“Thank-you Tomi! I love-”

“Yeah you too. Whatever.” Tom groaned, closing his eyes under his cap, cutting off Bill.

Bill still smiled though, opening the baggie to stare happily at the diamond pieces as he left to his own room. “Until next time...” he whispered, comforting himself as he fingered the diamonds.

~
♠ ♠ ♠
...*grins happily* Told ya there'd be a sequal. >:D

I hope you guys liked it. You saw the nicer side of Tom. What he was like when he and Bill met, and what he did to make Bill fall for him. And why Bill stays. *wipes away teardrop*

There will be at least two more parts to this, so don't complain just yet.

Btw, I'm sorry, but I haven't gotten much done on Snap! or Love's Illusions because I JUST finished a research paper yesterday, and it took me FOREVER!

I went 3 words over the minimum, and pumped my fist in the air in triumph. I felt like a winner. :3

OH YEAH! Anybody know where I can watch, "Queer As Folk" online for free? (safe websites, no icky sicky viruses XP) that's majorly random, but I kept reading about the show in an old fanfic, and I thought it was fake or made-up, but then I saw it in another fic, and was all, "Oh, so it is real?"

So then I skipped over to Wikapedia (the place that will someday kill me next to photobucket and youtube) and looked it up. I watched the Pilot and was all, "...must ...find
...episodes ...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! *spazzed*" So...yeah. The site I tried only has the first season in Spanish! (WTF?) All the other seasons are in English, but NOT the first! T.T Help? I'll give you more slash! :D

With love, gummy bears, and emo kids dressed as pandas,

-Me

RATE HIGH, COMMENT, AND SPREAD THE WORD!

Why?

.......cause the bird bird bird, bird is the word! I said the bird bird bird, bird is the word, and adda- *goes into another land* :D