Airplanes in the Night Sky

Talking

8 pm, the boardwalk.

The sun was just starting to fall behind the horizon line as I waited for Jared to join me, while people walked quickly past me. I looked down at my phone, feeling like time was taking forever but it wasn't.

"Worried I wasn't showing up?" I heard behind me as I turned to see Jared.

"Wouldn't be the first time I was stood up but no," I smirked at him.

"Hey it was my idea," He shrugged looking down, " Besides I wouldn't want to leave a pretty girl all alone."

"Thank you," I smiled hoping I wasn't blushing.

"It's the truth."

"Yeah well," I stammered as he held out his hand.

"Come on, let's walk," He smiled taking my hand then leading me around the board walk.

"So," Jared started, "Tell me something about you, I don't know."

"Well, I'm not like most girls."

"That's obvious," He smirked.

"My band toured with HIM before and they all joked that if I married Ville Valo, my name would be Valo Valo," I smirked at him.

"That's pretty funny actually."

"It was funny," I giggled, "So the entire tour, Ville introduced me as his lovely wife."

"But you never married him?"

"No," I smirked at him showing him my ring finger, "See no ring."

"You are totally crazy."

"Thank you," I smiled.

"Anything else I should know?"

"I don't really see my mom anymore," I shrugged, "It's mainly been me and my dad for a while now."

"She's not dead is she?" Jared questioned.

"No," I shook my head with a smile, "I just don't talk to her really. Nothing personal. Just I hate my dad's new wife."

"That bad?"

"Yeah, she's like 5 years older than me and thinks I should call her mom," I rolled my eyes with a shudder.

"Ew."

"Yeah well, my dad's weird too."

"Really?"

"You're just trying to get it out of me, aren't you?"

"Get what out of you?" Jared looked clueless.

"You'd find out anyways," I rolled my eyes at him, "My dad's Tom Cruise. Hence the name, Valo Jade Cruise."

"Oooohh," Jared drew out with a smile then nudged me lightly, "Wanna know a secret?"

"What?" I looked at him.

"I've kinda known," He flashed a pearly smile at me.

"Seriously?" I gave him a look.

"Yeah," He smirked pulling me along with him, "Your dad talks about you a lot in interviews and it's kinda easy to put together."

"God, don't tell me I look like him?" I groaned half embarassed at the fact.

"Not really," He shook his head, "Just some movements you do are like his."

"I sure I sorta act like him too," I shrugged thinking for a second, "Except I'm not a scientologist like he is. Nicole raised me to be Catholic."

"Wow, interesting family."

"And technically I don't see my mom much cause when I turned 15 she married a guy in Portugal. So I just hear from her every now and then."

"So did you live with your dad since then?"

"Him and Nicole," I nodded, "Nicole's still amazing to me. Kinda big sister like."

"So is that Valo Cruise's big secret?"

"Well not all of them, Mr. Leto," I smirked poking him in chest as he snickered, "Can't tell you everything in one night."

"Of course not," He pulled me along with him.

"Where are we going?" I questioned.

"It's too busy here, wanna walk along side the beach?"

"I'd love to," I looked down at my phone, "but I kinda promised that I'd be back at my dad's soon."

"Ah, the curfew, I get it," He smirked.

"Oh," I blushed, "I just, I don't know."

"Need some company?"

"I don't know, Katie's parents are supposed to be coming over and I don't want them to think lesser of me than usual."

"I promise I don't bite," He smirked at him.

"Well," I drew out.

"We could watch a movie or something?"

"As long as it's nothing with my dad, sounds like a plan."

"Good," He smiled at me.

We headed back to my dad's house in which everyone looked like they were gone. I entered the code then let Jared in as the house was sorta quiet.

"I guess everyone is out," I smiled at him, "Which is a good thing."

"It is," He smiled following me in.

"I'm kinda staying in the den though mainly because of Katie being a bitch," I rolled my eyes at the thought.

"Hey, just means you've got a TV in your room then," He smirked.

"Eh, not like I'm spending that much time here since we're heading on tour with you guys."

"Which will be fun."

I ended up sitting on the couch with Jared, watching of all things, the Disney Channel, late at night. I was laying upside down on the couch while Jared sat on the floor watching me with a smile on his face.

"So Val," He flickered hair in my face, "What's the strangest thing your band has done?"

"Recording wise?" I questioned looking at him.

"Sure."

"We have recorded a song with Selena Gomez," I my eyes flickered to the TV then back to him.

"Really?"

"Yeah," I nodded looking at him, "She's a sweetheart."

"That is strange," He smiled at me.

"No stranger than a hot pink mohawk," I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Is that so?"

"Yes," I smiled in which Jared decided that he was going to start tickling me like crazy, "Stop!"

"Nope," he smirked continuing to tickle me like crazy and pulling me down off the couch.

I was on the floor as Jared pulled himself over me, pushing a piece of hair out of my face. A smile appearing on his face as he held me down.

"You have an amazing smile," Jared almost whispered.

"Thank you," I smiled.

Jared slowly moved down to my lips, slowly letting his touch mine in a soft kiss. I kissed back, feeling his tongue slowly beg for entrance which I let. We were making out on the floor of the my dad's den for a while until we heard the front door open and the sound of voices come through. Jared stopped, slowly removing his body from mine then helping me up.

"I should be going," He smiled at me.

"Yeah," I shrugged.

"Val?" My dad walked into the den, "Who's this?"

"Dad, this is Jared. Jared, this is my dad," I introduced them, "He was just leaving."

"We were all going to hang out by the pool if you wanted to," My dad looked at me, "Katie's parents are already out there."

"Actually I should be going," Jared smiled at him then looked at me, "I'll talk to you later. Call me if you need anything."

"Ok," I nodded.

I watched as Jared walked out the door then looked back at my dad only to go find stuff to head to the shower or leave or something just to get away.

"Val," My dad looked at me, "I'd appreciate it if you'd come outside."

"Thanks but I'm ok."

"Val," My dad let out an angry sigh.

"Dad, I just don't want to deal with those people again."

"Valo Jade," He warned.

"Dad, every time they're here, they act like I'm just using you or something and I hate it. I hate feeling like a reject in my own family."

"Tom," Katie mentioned from the living room, "We're all heading outside, you coming?"

"I've got some things to take care of," My dad looked at me.

"But we-"

"Katie, please."

"Fine," She grumbled walking off.

"Come on," My dad motioned towards me, "Let's go talk."