‹ Prequel: Undisclosed Desires
Sequel: You Don't See Me

Good Enough

Prologue; Hate

Matt stared into her blue eyes with a glare he hoped she would buy. Her hair was damped from the pouring rain and some of it stuck to her face. He thought she looked beautiful and he wanted to forget what he told her, but it was too late.

The shock look on her face clenched his heart, but he had to remain strong. It was for the best. She deserved better, so much better, and he wasn’t what she thought. He wasn’t heaven sent. He was really good and deceiving and hurting the people he loved the most, and he loved her with all of his heart which is why he had to let her go.

Her safety was on the line, and he didn’t want the same fate Isabel suffered. No, he learned from his friend’s mistake. Now, he had to make Nathalie go away for her own good. So many bad people were after him, and she was his weakness. She needed to hate him. She needed to loathe him.

“A game?” she repeated in a small squeak.

“Of course,” Matt’s expression was smug. “The guys and I made a bet and I won. I got you to open your pretty little legs for me.” He hated every word that came out of his mouth.

The expression of horror and utter betrayal crossed her beautiful face. He hated himself so much. In her eyes he could see the second her heart broke. Then she blinked and shook her head.

“You don’t mean that. You’re just trying to push me away because of what happened to Isabel, but it’s different with us! We shared something that just can not be faked.”

He knew the only way to make her go away was to hit her in the one spot it would just break her down.

“Go away! You pathetic orphan! I don’t want you! Your own parents didn’t even want you!”

She took a step back and placed a hand over her mouth, probably to keep him from hearing her sob. Tears rolled down her cheeks. He wanted to apologize, but he couldn’t. She had to leave. She needed to leave.

The final plunge was when a half naked model looking woman appeared behind Matt with only his shirt on. Her hair was a mess, from sex.

“Why are you yelling?” the woman asked and then looked at Nathalie. “Who are you?”

“She’s nobody,” Matt answered for her. “She’s a nobody.”

Nathalie glared at Matt.

“Okay, I get it,” Nathalie finally said with a brave face on. “You didn’t have to such a huge asshole about it.”

He watched her as she left. Just as she was about to cross the street. A car was speeding her way and it was not stopping and Nathalie was in the middle of the road.

Matt’s heart stopped as time slowed down. He screamed her name, and she turned around to look at him, but then the car honked. Her scream echoed in his head and he flinched as he watched her body collide with the car.
♠ ♠ ♠
It has begun :D