‹ Prequel: Undisclosed Desires
Sequel: You Don't See Me

Good Enough

Chapter 3; Yoga

Nathalie’s job was as a yoga instructor in a YMCA club near Isabel’s home. Her first class started at 10 am, but she needed to check in at 9 am. So, on Monday morning, she was up at 7am. Isabel was already gone because she had a photo shoot to attend and she was going to be busy all day. Nathalie made herself breakfast, and then she showered and got ready to go to work.

Isabel loaned her an old car, which wasn’t that old. It was a 2003 Dodge, dark, navy blue. It was perfect. Nathalie backed out of the drive away, and just in time to see Matt walk out of the house in boxers to get the newspaper that was on his lawn.

She stared for a couple of seconds. Then when she reached his eyes, he was smirking at her. He lifted his hand and waved. She gulped and waved back. She quickly switched to Drive and hit the gas pedal. She was caught gawking, but who could blame her? No one.

She made it to the YMCA by following the instructions she printed out the night before. She parked the Dodge and entered the building. She introduced herself to the receptionist, and then she was given a tour of the place, and was finally shown where her classes would take place.

She was left to prepare for her class.

She took in a deep breath and looked at the tattooed hearts on her wrists. ‘For you, Manny’ she thought and then prepared for her class. Since it was the morning, her first class was only of six people. She didn’t mind. It was actually easier to teach a smaller class.

After her first class, she had an hour break. She decided to use one of the computers available to make sure her schedule for school was the same and that they received her payment. Since she was foreign, she had to apply for a waiver, and she was approved.

She had classes on Monday and Wednesday nights, and on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. On Tuesday and Thursday evenings she worked at the YMCA to do the night classes for Yoga.

Her only free days would be Fridays and the weekends.

She knew it was a hectic schedule, but she wanted to get much done. She wanted to excel. She could worry about love later. She had time. She was young.

At the end of her day, she went back home and found Isabel’s car parked outside. Nathalie entered the house and called for Isabel.

“In the kitchen!” she yelled back.

Nathalie found her eating a fruit salad.

“I’ve got a break before I have to back,” she said with a mouth full of fruit.

Nathalie giggled. “I have two hours before I have to go to college.”

“Oh, good luck with parking,” Isabel laughed. “I hated finding parking at this time. I would have to park far away and walk for like ten minutes to get to my fucking class.”

Nathalie laughed, she knew about that. Isabel always ranted about it online.

They had lunch together and then Isabel left to go to work. Nathalie went upstairs to get her bag with notebooks, and materials for school. An hour before her first class would start, she left.

The school was full in the evenings. She knew it would be because many people attended school after work. She found parking far away, and it took her fifteen minutes to get to her class. She was still early. The class was full, but she knew it would go down in numbers soon enough.

Some people were in the waiting list, but she wasn’t. She was enrolled.

She only had two classes, and since it was the first day, there wasn’t much to do. She was done early. She went back home at nine at night, and saw Isabel’s car already in the driveway.

Nathalie couldn’t help but steal a glance over to Matt’s place. The lights were on. She looked away and walked inside of the house. She could smell the food and headed to the kitchen. Isabel had a plate of spaghetti in front of her.

“Hey! How was school, young lady?” Isabel joked and Nathalie laughed and placed her bag on the table and sat down across from her.

“Exhausting. So many people, and the parking sucked.”

Isabel grinned. “Told you. It’s why I dropped out and became a model.”

Nathalie narrowed her eyes. “Not all of us have the body to be one.”

“You can too! I’ve told you thousands of times, Nat. You’re gorgeous. You just need a serious tan and… maybe work out a little.”

“I do yoga, that keeps me in shape,” Nathalie stood up and grabbed a plate and served herself food. “How was your day?”

Isabel sighed deeply. “All right. My hair might as well be dead from all the hairspray, but it’s a good thing I have a secrete conditioner that brings it back to life. And… I have a date.”

Nathalie’s eyes lit up. “That’s great, with who?”

“A co-worker. He’s been in Calvin Klein ads. He’s cute… I guess.”

“But he’s no Brian,” Nathalie concluded.

“No!” Isabel whined. “God! Why am I so hung up on a guy who doesn’t even want me?! Is it because he doesn’t want me?” she gasped in realization. “That’s it! I’m used to guys falling for me, but Brian was the first to betray me.”

“Sounds logical,” Nathalie agreed. “Maybe you just need to confront him. Have you done so?”

“Kind of.”

“You should do it. I think you just need closure,” Nathalie nodded.

“I can’t go over there alone,” Isabel muttered. “Please come with me?”

Nathalie’s eyes went big. “What? Now?”

“Yes.”

“Is he even home?”

“Yeah, his car is outside. I always check before I come in,” she said embarrassed.

Nathalie didn’t say anything. She did the same thing, except for Matt.

“Ok then, but are you sure?” Nathalie was concerned for her best friend.

Isabel finished her wine, oh that was why she was so brave, and went to the sink.

“Yes, I’m sure. You finish eating while I go decipher what the hell I’m going to wear.”

Nathalie chuckled as she watched her friend rush out of the kitchen and up the stairs.

By the time Nathalie was finished, Isabel was still not done. She went upstairs to check on her friend. Isabel was just about to walk out when Nathalie knocked on her door.

“Okay,” she said in a shaky breath, “let’s go.”

“You don’t have to do this now,” Nathalie said softly.

Isabel shook her head. “I’ll chicken out.”

Nathalie chuckled and looked at the outfit of Isabel. Isabel made sure to emphasizes her best asset, her breasts, but not in a slutty way. It was very subtle and lady-like. After Nathalie’s approval, the girls walked out of the house and headed across the street.

“Which one is Matt’s car?” Nathalie’s tone sounded very casual.

“Hmm,” Isabel looked around, “ah, that truck. The black one.”

Nathalie nodded and approved. She liked it. It wasn’t flashy nor too modest. It was F-150. The girls stood in front of the door.

“It was a mistake,” Isabel laughed nervously. “I mean, if he still liked me, then he would’ve done something about it.”

“This isn’t about getting back together. It’s about you getting closure and telling him how he made you feel,” Nathalie raised her fist and knocked for Isabel.

“It’s… pretty late,” Isabel said lamely and tried to walk away, but Nathalie grabbed her arm.

“Isa, do you want to be hung up on this guy forever? Don’t you want to move on?”

Isabel’s face told her that maybe she didn’t want to move on.

Before Isabel could answer, the door opened and there stood someone as tall as Nathalie, but it was a man in a Mohawk and sunglasses with the American flag on them. It was dark outside, why would he gave sunglasses? She wondered.

“Hi, we’re looking for Brian,” Nathalie spoke up.

“Hi, Isabel,” the guy said to her.

“Hi, Johnny,” Isabel mumbled back. “This is Nathalie, she moved in with me.”

Johnny’s brown eyes went to Nathalie and his eyes did the same thing as Jimmy. “I know, the guys have been talking about her.”

Nathalie wondered if it was good or bad.

“All good stuff, I swear,” Johnny laughed when he saw Nathalie’s face. “Brian’s upstairs, I’ll get him. Get inside, it’s freezing out there.” He opened the door for them and welcomed them in.

Their home was warm and cozy. Nathalie noticed and it was rather clean for five guys living in one roof. Her eyes wondered around. There were posters of bands and movies like the Godfather and Scarface.

“I’ll go get Brian, you’re welcome to sit down.” Johnny said and headed upstairs.

Nathalie and Isabel took a seat on the living room couch. Nathalie continued to look around. The whole place had a masculine touch, there was no woman touch anywhere, so they were all single or just bachelors.

Heavy, hurried footsteps were heard and the girls turn their attention to the stairs. Brian descended down the stairs in a rush and nearly tripped over the last couple of steps. Nathalie held back a small smile. Isabel and Brian locked eyes and for a second it was like they were in their own little world.

By their looks, Nathalie could tell they were having a moment where they were both remembering their time together. Johnny cleared his throat and Nathalie nudged Isabel’s shoulder snapping both out of their thoughts.

“Hi,” Brian said nearly breathless.

Isabel stood up and smiled. “Hi, can I talk to you privately?”

“Of course, let’s… go to my room, if that’s all right with you.”

She nodded and followed him upstairs.

Nathalie was left with Johnny.

“Five bucks they’ll be doing it in the next five minutes,” he joked and sat down next to Nathalie, she laughed at his joke.

“Ten they do it in the next two minutes,” she joined along.

Johnny laughed. “God, they want each other so bad.”

“Then why did he cheat on her?” she asked bluntly.

Johnny grimaced and turned away. The humor no longer in the air.

“It’s complicated,” he rubbed the back of his neck.

“Not really.”

“If you really knew, then yeah it would be,” Johnny muttered.

Nathalie was going to ask what, but Matt appeared.

“Hey, short shit,” and smacked him in the back of the head. “Why didn’t you offer Nathalie a beer or something to drink?”

“Oh, no, it’s all right. I’m not thirsty, I just ate and I had a soda,” she said.

“Are you sure?” Matt asked with a smile showing his adorable dimples.

“Yeah, I am. You guys have a lovely home. A clean home,” she added.

“Just because we’re guys doesn’t mean we’re pigs,” Matt sat down on the other side of Nathalie.

“Well, all the guys I’ve known have been pigs,” she smirked back.

“We’re different.”

“Yeah, I know.”