‹ Prequel: Undisclosed Desires
Sequel: You Don't See Me

Good Enough

Chapter 6; Checking Out

Nathalie spotted Matt and the others. She had to pretend she was surprised to see them there, and she told Isabel to be the same.

“God, how can I pretend to dislike Brian when he looks like that?” hissed Isabel with a slight whine. Nathalie didn’t even see Brian, her eyes were solely on Matt, who looked much more--in her opinion--handsome than any other man in the bar. She had to divert her eyes, not wanting to be too obvious.

“You’re a great actress, Isa, I’m sure you can manage,” Nathalie said and the girls walked up to bar and sat down on the stool.

“We can’t let them drink alone,” Jimmy said to the guys.

“I thought we couldn’t talk to them,” Zacky gave him a weird look.

“No, we can talk to them,” Matt said. “We just can’t be in personal relationships with them. We can be their friends.”

“Brian wants to be more than friends,” Johnny smirked. “His eyes haven’t left Isabel since she arrived.”

Brian snapped away from Isabel and glared at his friend.

“Same with Matt,” Zacky chuckled. “He’s been checking out Nathalie.”

“She’s hot,” Matt said as normal as possible. “I can look if I want. I just can’t touch.”

“I’m gonna invite them to sit with us as you pussies argue,” Jimmy stood up and walked over to the girls. Matt smiled. The plan went as he wished. He knew Jimmy would want them to join them, and it worked out.

“What can I give you gals?” the bartender asked, a woman, well in her forties, but with a body of a twenty-eight year old.

“Whatever they have, Catalina, is on us,” Jimmy appeared behind them.

“Jimmy!” Isabel exclaimed happily and he hugged her tightly.

“Izzie, I missed you bunchs,” Jimmy laughed.

“Me too.”

Nathalie smiled at them. Jimmy stopped hugging Isabel and then hugged her tightly too.

“Don’t think you’re being left out of my bear hugs!” Jimmy said and Nathalie laughed harder.

“Okay, okay, you’re killing me, Jimmy,” she said and he released her.

“Oh, I can’t kill you. Matt will have bitch fit if I do.”

She laughed again. “A bitch fit? Matt?”

Jimmy nodded. “You’d be surprised. Now, it is our duty--hehehe duty--anyway, we can’t just leave you to the pit of wolves. You should come sit with us.”

“Pit of wolves? What do you mean?” Isabel asked.

Jimmy gave them ‘are you serious’ look.

“What?” Nathalie asked innocently.

“You’re both smoking hot, and I’m sure every guy in here has a boner since you’ve entered the bar,” Jimmy joked.

Isabel smirked. “You don’t. You don’t find us attractive?” she placed her hand on his arm and rubbed it up and down.

“Ah, shit! Isabel,” he covered his crotch. “You know have fantasies about you! How could you do this to me?!”

The girls laughed. Jimmy closed his eyes and tried to think of the most unattractive thing in the world. After thinking about some old lady, he removed his hand.

“We’ll accept your invitation,” Nathalie said.

“Yeah,” Isabel agreed.

“You and Brian going to behave, right?” Jimmy asked Isabel. She rolled her eyes.

“Of course. I am more mature than you think.”

Matt’s heart pounded against his chest as Nathalie got off the barstool and walked over to them. He had a chair next to him that she would take.

She smiled directly at him.

“Hi guys,” Nathalie said sweetly to them.

“Hi,” they chorused in no order.

Nathalie sat down next to him and had Zacky on her other side. Isabel sat down between Jimmy and Johnny with Brian in front of her.

But Matt had all of his attention on the gorgeous girl next to him. He started the conversation and soon they were lost in their own world. They ordered more drinks, but he noticed she didn’t drink too much. He knew it was because of Manny. He had died because of a drunk driver and since then she didn’t drink much anymore.

She didn’t want to cause pain to someone like someone had done to her. He admired her so much for that. God, she was too good for him, and the best thing he should do is walk away, but he just couldn’t do it. He couldn’t bring himself to leave her, not when he wanted her so much.

Her attention from him was taken away from Zacky and they conversed.

“Do you plan to stay a long time?” Zacky asked Nathalie as they drank their beer. She was on her second while he was… who knows.

“I do,” she replied. “I like it there, plus there’s nothing for me to go back to.” She hoped no one picked up the sad tone in her voice. Isabel sent her a small smile, she was the only who knew.

The night went on and Nathalie watched some couples danced. Zacky offered to dance and she accepted. She kept her distance and he respected. Zacky knew Matt had made his claim on Nathalie with his eyes and he didn’t have a death wish.

“So, Matt likes you,” Zacky said and her cheeks burned red and not because they were dancing because they were barely moving. He smiled when he saw her reaction.

“Wh-what are you talking about?” she asked.

Zacky rolled his emerald eyes. “Oh please, you two are more obvious than Brian and Isabel.”

Her mouth dropped. “What? Brian and Isabel? But he cheated on her!”

“Come on, Nathalie, just because I have a dick doesn’t mean I don’t have a brain,” he winked at her. “Brian wouldn’t stare at a girl for so long unless he wanted her. He’s been eating her up with his eyes since you’ve arrived with her. Matt is the same.”

Her blush deepened.

“And you like him too. You should go for it,” he said.

“He told you he likes me?” God, she felt like she was back in school asking Zacky that.

“Not in the exact words… watch,” he smirked and then closed the space between them. He wrapped an arm around her waist. Their bodies flushed together and his lips close to her ear. “If he likes you, he’ll be here in less than thirty seconds for you.”

“How is--”

“May I cut in?” Matt’s voice filled her ears.

Zacky stepped back. “Uh, I guess.”

Matt quickly took his spot and she glanced back at Zacky, who winked at her and had a smug look on his face. She turned back to Matt and smiled.

“Why didn’t you just ask me to dance?” she asked him.

“I wasn’t sure you wanted to,” he mumbled and kept his arm around her tightly. He was protective, but she hoped not possessive. She hated guys who treated her like she was a property.

“I love to dance,” she chuckled and his body tensed because her breath hit his neck.

She smirked. She had quite an effect on him.

She hoped Zacky’s words were true and that Matt liked her because she liked him. She liked the way his arms felt around her and his chest was hard, yet soft enough for her to feel cuddled. The warmth of his body heated her. The smell of him was intoxicating and she was so lost in him.

“You look very… beautiful, Nat,” he said as they danced.

“Thank you. You’ve failed to mention it since I’ve arrived.” she joked.

He chuckled and held her closer to him.

“Is it just me or do you fit perfectly in my arms?” he asked in her ear.

“It’s just you,” she laughed and he slapped her ass. She yelped but continued to laugh.

Her laughter died when his lips captured hers. She was so stunned that she didn’t move for a couple of seconds, so he pull away.

They stopped dancing.

“Shit, sorry,” he apologized. “I--I thought… the moment was perfect. I fuck--” she stopped him with her lips and she wrapped her arms around his neck and brought him closer to her.

They kissed each other with a passion that been kept inside of them for days, but now it was time to let it out and loose.

Matt couldn’t get enough of her soft lips. They molded so well with his that he knew she was meant to be his. She was his, even if she didn’t know it.

After a while she pulled away with swollen, red lips. A pride blew up inside of Matt to see those lips. He was the cause of that, and the pink tint on her cheeks and the daze look in her eyes.

“I don’t want to be a one night stand, Matt,” she whispered.

He held her tighter. “If I wanted you in just my bed, I would’ve made my move a long time ago,” he assured her. “You’re something else, Nathalie. That means I’m going to treat you properly. Will you go out with me?”

She grinned and nodded her head. “I’d like that very much, yes.”

His heart felt like it was going to explode with joy. He was going to treat her right, like he told her. She wasn’t a random chick, she was the chick. She understood him in ways his best friends didn’t even know how. It had to be because she knew pain, and he knew pain too.

God, he wanted so much to make love to her, but he said he was going to be right with her. He could wait, as long as it took. He would wait.
♠ ♠ ♠
Someone asked me how much longer this is going to be, and I think it's gonna be six more chapters since it's a short story :)

A couple of one-shots I wrote if you wanna read:

Witch.

Dulce

And I’d like to point your attention here: No Way Out

Merry Christmas!