Where You Belong

baby

It had only been a week since Tyler had moved into his condo, on his own and exploring the town of Boston as a young, rich, newly signed Boston Bruin. Milan Lucic, one of his new teammates had helped him find the place after a few days and while he was still waiting for his first big pay check, he signed the lease right away, needing to find a place to live for the rest of the season.

Granted, he hadn’t had a lot of time off to actually move in, let alone paint, decorate, and buy more furniture than his bed (also known as his mattress on the floor) and nightstand – along with the one fork, one spoon, one plate, and one glass he possessed.

But now he actually had a solid three nights off and he needed to do something about his living space. Thankfully, his new teammates were kind enough to help him move some of the new things he had picked out from the IKEA catalog into the house.

“Jesus Christ, Segs, you got dead bodies in here?” Milan Lucic groaned as he hustled a box his Mom had shipped down to him from Brampton full of clothes and other nick-knacks for his home.

“No, it’s all his shoes and handbags.” Trent Whitfield chirped as they finally dropped the thing on Tyler’s bed as Savard and Boychuk brought in more and more boxes from IKEA.

Seguin walked into the family room that was bare and empty, staring at the several brown boxes full of wooden planks and screws waiting to be assembled into an entertainment center for the TV that was being delivered next week. His first big purchase.

“Alright Segs, all your shit is in your place, we’ll catch you later!” Lucic called as they slowly began to file out of the condominium.

“Wait, are you going to help me with…” The door slammed shut, “putting this stuff together?” A small frowned formed on his face as he sat down on the new couch in his living room and rubbing his hands over his face tiredly. Moving into a new place on his own was proving to be terribly stressful. “Bed.” He mumbled, knowing he should try and put his frame together. It was still early, only nine for a Friday night and he could get it done hopefully before eleven.

Walking into the bedroom and looking at the three boxes full of wood for his bed frame, he wanted to scream as he noticed that he didn’t have any tools. Pulling out his cell, he dialed Lucic’s number as quickly as possible. Voicemail, of course. Hitting the ‘end’ button, he quickly sent off a text

To: Lucic
I have no tools to put this together!


A few moments later, the phone shook with a response.

From: Lucic
Go ask your neighbor for a cup of sugar


Tyler frowned, not wanting to be a burden to his neighbor that he hadn’t even met yet, but he had no car in the city yet and no other way of getting tools. Besides, it was a Friday night, they probably weren’t even home! Heaving a sigh, he wiped his hands off on his jeans before grabbing his house keys and stepping out into the crisp fall night, walking all of twenty feet to his neighbor’s door, the same neighbor his unit was attached to before raising his fist to knock on the door.

Just a minute!” A voice from within called, sparking just the tiniest bit of hope for a hammer in him.

Tyler’s mind cleared of thoughts when the door opened to reveal a beautiful woman looking like she was about to present a car on the Price is Right – her blonde hair sleek and straight, dark makeup on her green eyes and red lipstick on her Cupid’s bow. The fact that she was wearing a skin-tight little black dress didn’t help him compose words as she stared at him for a brief moment.

“Can I… help you?” She asked the baby-faced teen who was standing on her doorstep with a dumbfounded expression.

“I’m Tyler.” He had a hard time controlling the volume of his voice and startled her a bit as he thrust his hand out. “I just moved in next door.” He jabbed his thumb in the direction if his unit.

“Nice to meet you Tyler, I’m Anna.” She smiled.

“I was just wondering if maybe you had some tools I could use?” He asked, feeling like a total jackass on the inside. Here she was, looking like a supermodel on a Friday night and here he was, asking her if she had a Philip’s head.

“Tools?” She bit her lip, making heat pool in his groin. “I know I have some somewhere, you’re free to dig around my garage, come in.” She ushered him into the home. “Sorry about the mess, I haven’t had time to clean up from a get-together I had yesterday.” She apologized. He raised his eyebrow at the practically immaculate home he was in. Total pig sty… He wanted to roll his eyes. She’d have a coronary if she ever stepped into his house. Another shot of warmth throughout his body at the idea of her in his home. “Um, let me see.” She opened the internal door to the garage, revealing a misty blue Prius. “I mean, it’s practically a Fisher Price set my brother got me before I graduated, but it should do the trick.” She insisted.

“I really just need a hammer and a Philips head, IKEA furniture.” He explained, rubbing the back of his neck.

“Oh, see? Right up there, that little red bucket.” She pointed to the top shelf on the wall in her garage, her outstretched arm causing her dress hem to rise up her tanned thigh and the deep-v of her chest to buckle slightly, showing even more tempting cleavage.

“I got it.” He said, placing his hand softly on the shelf before reaching up, her eyes widening at the firm bicep that pulled out from under his t-shirt sleeve as he snatched the bucket from the shelf.

“Where did you say you were from again?” She asked, tilting her head as her tongue ran over her recently brushed teeth.

“I didn’t.” He smiled, “but I’m from Brampton, Ontario.” He replied.

“Hmm, Canada.” She grinned, “Well, you’re all set, keep them as long as you need.” She smiled, flicking off the garage light as she walked back

“Thanks again.” He reiterated as he stood in the doorway once again.

“Yeah any time, maybe you and your parents can come over for dinner sometime!” She bid him adieu before closing the door, leaving him with a rather shocked expression once again.

•••

Tyler had been slowly settling into his apartment, and after two home games consecutively, he didn’t think it would be a bad idea to take advantage of the whirlpool in the condo’s club house, just a few moments walk away from his unit. Pulling on a pair of sweats over his swim trunks and grabbing his keys, he took the short walk to the communal gym/spa. Living in an association had its perks.

Scanning his association card, he stepped through to the locker room, shedding his sweats and tucking them away before throwing a towel around the back of his neck. Walking past the glass wall of the gym was required to get to the spa and Tyler would be lying if he said he didn’t do a double take.

There was Anna, looking insane in a Nike tank and matching spandex shorts, getting her Stairmaster on.

“Holy…” He mumbled to himself, liking the way she looked all worked over, hair up and a light sheen of sweat on her bronzed skin. He finally managed to get to the other side of the glass wall before feeling the heavy air of the spa, breathing in the scent of chlorine from the pool. At that moment he decided that a few laps wouldn’t kill him and set his towel down before diving in.

Cold, cold, fuck, cold.

A few backstrokes, a breaststroke here and there and all the while seeing how long he could hold his breath before emerging. The second time he paused at the end closest to the door, he noticed her walking in clad in a black two-piece that made the blood from his brain dissipate. He somehow found the strength to pull his body from the pool, making a show of rubbing his towel over his hair before walking over to the whirlpool where she sat contently, her head lying back against the edge of the hot tub.

She slowly opened her eyes to see Tyler lowering himself into the tub, situating himself on the other side of the whirlpool.

“Hey there.” She smiled in a friendly way. “This is amazing, right?” She asked with a light laugh.

“Best thing ever.” He agreed.

“Still waiting for you to come over with your family.” She added a few moments later as she sat up slightly, revealing more skin as she redid her ponytail.

“About that.” He laughed. “It’s actually just me.”

“Like in the house?” She asked with an odd look.

“Yep.” He nodded.

“How old are you? Are you allowed to live on your own yet?” She asked, not caring that her tone was incredulous and borderline rude.

“I’m eighteen.” He blamed the heat of the tub for his blush.

“And you’re living alone? So where are you going? BU, BC?” She asked, crossing her legs as the power of the jets in the tub kicked in, scooting her just a bit closer to Tyler who was still clear across the way from her.

“I’m not in school.” He shook his head.

“So you just upped and left Canada to move out to Boston alone? You’re brave. I could hardly leave home to go to school.” She laughed a soft, tinkling giggle that made him grin even wider.

“Oh, where are you in school?” He asked, having a few friends who went to east coast universities.

“I’m not any school anymore.” She began. “Graduated last year from Carnegie Mellon.” She smiled proudly. “Go Tartans!” He laughed at how cute she was being, but already graduating college made her what? Twenty-two? Twenty-three? “I moved out here for my job.” She finished.

“And that would be?” He pressed, making her grin.

“Well I majored in chemical engineering, but I’m a personal trainer.” She laughed. “I don’t know, I got done with school and I realized that I didn’t want to be converting mols and doing lab reports my whole life. I love being in shape and helping other people, so I became a trainer.” She explained. “What about you? What do you want to do?”

“Well, I’m kind of doing it.” He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly as his ears turned pink. “I play hockey.” He added.

“Oh, that’s fun, I became a really big Penguins fan at school.” She said excitedly. “So where do you play hockey? Like city league?” She asked, stretching her arms out on the back of the tub, her emerald gaze pulling at his crotch uncomfortably.

“I play for Boston.” He said, still struggling for the words. Why is it so hard to just say the word Bruins?

“What you mean like the Bruins?” She asked with a piqued eyebrow and a tiny grin.

“Kind of… yeah.” He didn’t think this hot tub could get any hotter?

“Well that makes sense, you totally have the body for it.” Yes, yes it could.

“What?” He asked with a laugh.

“Sorry, but unfortunately body type is one of the first things I notice about people. I know it’s a bad habit, but I can’t help it!” She placed a hand over her eyes with a wide smile that had the power to make him happy as well.

“Don’t worry, I’ve noticed your body, too.” Where the fuck did that come from? Uncovering her eyes, Anna gave him a rather amused look before breaking out into a fit of tiny giggles.

“Oh honey, you’re cute, but you’re a baby.” She insisted.

“I’m an athlete, it’s only normal to appreciate a well-maintained body.” He shrugged it off, hoping she didn’t think he was a total asshole, even if she did just call him a baby. “Besides, as a trainer, wouldn’t you take is a compliment?” He asked, trying to keep the mood lighthearted. “Speaking of staying in shape, do you have any good recommendations for take out?” He asked, standing from the tub and stretching his arms across his chest.

“China Pearl, hands down.” Anna laughed, trying not to let her eyes wander from his face.

“China Pearl it is.” Tyler replied. “Past my bed time.” He sighed. “Better head back.” He stepped from the tub and wrapped his towel around his waist.

“See ya later.” She waved softly. “That offer for dinner still stands, by the way.” She added.

“I just might take you up on that.” He bid her goodbye before heading back to the locker room and toweling off. The short walk back to his house was even shorter as he power walked, dying to be in his warm bed as the cool air nipped at his wet scalp. As soon as he fulfilled his wish, tucked away under his flannel sheets and thick blankets, he couldn’t get Anna out of his head - not her slow smile, her plump lips, her firm, round breasts and certainly not those hips.

With a soft groan he rolled onto his side, hand slipping into his boxers to relieve the tension between his thighs.

He’d show her he wasn’t a baby.
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter one of my seguin story!
i really hope you like it because i have lots of plans for this baby!
and let me know if it's just not your thing - i really do like to know!
comments/predictions/hopes/dreams?
you know i love to hear 'em :)
thanks all!
<3