Status: Is coming to a close, so updates will be less frequent (I'm trying to make this last longer!) COMMENTS STILL REQUIRED!!!

Sins and Secrets

Epilogue

The days following the fall of Voldemort were cold and dreary, although it should have been a very cheerful event, aftermath was felt by both sides. Many loved ones had been lost, many were now left wondering what they were going to do. But one thing was for certain, the dead must be taken care of.

“Sateen de Fleur Noir, noted Death Eater, and student of Hogwarts.” Was all that was said at her wake. She was buried in the family cemetery, next to her newly remodeled family mansion, that she had never set foot in after its renovations.

No one wept for her, well almost no one. The very few people that attended, some students from Hogwarts, a few random people that accompanied the Hogwarts students, and the Malfoy’s showed, well what was left of them anyways. As soon as the dark, black casket had been lowered into the ground, and fully covered, people started to leave, until only two remained.

“We should go.” The woman urged the boy that stood by her side.

“You go on ahead, I’ll meet you at home.” The boy said, his voice thick with unshed emotions. The woman hesitated before the nodded and kissed the boy on his head and walked away, disappearing after a couple of steps. The boy stood there for a couple of minutes, simply looking at the cold grey tombstone. The boy reached inside of his sleep button up shirt and pulled out a necklace, with angel wings and ‘ever’ written across it.

“I thought you said forever.” He croaked, and a few tears slid down his pale swallow face as he leaned his lips down and gently brushed them against the skin warmed metal before returning the necklace to the confines of his shirt. He gave the grave one last glance before he too turned away and disappeared.

Two nights later it was raining, sheets of ice cold water falling to the earth, and loud rumbling thunder mixed with cracking lightning that lit up the sky. It was perhaps the sheets of rain that kept anyone noticing when settled dirt suddenly shot up from the earth, falling to the ground again. And maybe it was the blinking crack of lightning that kept anyone from seeing the pale, yet dirtied, hand reach out of the ground. Or perhaps it was the rolling thunder that masked the dark laughter that erupted from the open casket. But there is no excuse for why no one noticed the dark figure walking down the hill to the mansion below, opening the door, and disappearing inside.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't forget to check out the sequel "Curses and Confessions"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!