Three Cheers For The Jet Set Life

Let's Unravel Pt 2

Past Continued

The following day I awoke with a splitting headache and I was so glad that I didn’t have to work, as I lay in my bed which faced the kitchen, I was stunned to see Kansas asleep on my sofa. Thinking what she was doing here it started to all dawn on me.

That night, all the alcohol that had flowed free and them three infamous words ‘My Chemical Romance’. Tickets started to wonder in to my mind, thinking of concert tickets, I crept out of my bed as Kansas softly snored. Creeping over to her bag I peered in where I saw low and behold, two concert tickets to the My Chemical Romance Concert tonight.

Quickly I placed them back in her bag, there was no way I going, no way in hell. That I wasn’t ready for how could I be...it had been a month I just wasn’t ready. What happened if he noticed me or if any of them, I’d be screwed.

How to tell Kansas was a different story, I knew she wasn’t gonna take no for an answer, I guess I was gonna have to fake being sick that was my best shot at it.

As Kansas, continued to sleep. I myself was trying to think of the best excuse to get out of tonight's show. It was a sure guarantee that Kansas wasn’t gonna take no for an answer but I was determined to try.

Sitting alone on my bed as I flicked through the channels on my TV, I could see that Kansas was starting to stir. She looked towards me as her eyes slowly opened.

Before I had a chance to move, Kansas leapt off the sofa and on to me line a tiger on the prowl for food.

"Ahh" I yelped as I fell back with Kansas's body falling against me.

"Today is the day….Concert…MCR yeh!" Kansas yelled as she punched her fist in the air while letting out a giggle.

Looking towards her I could tell she was ultra excited, if only I could tell her the truth, but no it was to be kept quiet.

“Kansas I’m not feeling well, after all the drinking all I wanna do is sleep.” I whispered waiting for her over dramatic response.

“Dakota...NO! You cant...your coming this is once in a life time, My Chemical Romance...Oh my god, are you crazy how can you say no you cant...your coming.” Kansas screamed as she jumped off the bed.

Looking at her I knew there was no use in trying to say no, she was determined, as I started to think about...it wasn’t like Gerard or anyone was going to see me, rather I would be just another face in the crowd. That was it, a simple blurry face, never to be seen nor remembered.

“Fine I’ll go” I whispered as yet again Kansas jumped from where she was standing and leapt on to me, holding me tight with her arms, she managed to pull me to the ground in a fit of giggles.

Why I was doing this I had no idea...truly thinking about it, I had a feeling it was because I was curious as to what everyone had been up to and really I wanted to see him. Why I don’t know but I felt compelled, to watch from a far.

As the day went by which for some reason went very quickly, Kansas and I had hung at my place before deciding it was time to get ready. Me I just wanted to go casual, I wasn’t there to impress anyone, rather just to be an observer.

Kansas on the other hand was dressed to the nines, with her red dress and heels, she looked like star. Me on the other hair, I looked like a plain Jane, wearing a pair of skinnies and white singlet.

Before I knew it, it was time to go. Kansas grabbed me by the arm as we caught the local bus to the arena where tonight’s concert was to be held. At the arena it was crowed with kids and adults alike all going for the same thing, to see a band that meant something to them, if only they knew what the band meant to me, especially the lead singer.

Kansas was over the moon as she lined up and bought a tee which had the concert date on it along with a bag, placing all her stuff in her new purchase, we set off in to the arena and on to the ground floor where we would be standing. This was going to be so different for me, one thing I had set in mind, there was no chance I was getting close to the stage.

I wasn’t going to give anyone the opportunity to spot me, I had worked too hard at keeping myself anonymous and I wanted to be able to keep it that way. Before long the arena lights went dark and I heard the beautiful music my music coming from the guitar and the drum beat from my adorable Coco.

Instantly bright lights set upon the stage as fireworks went off like a colorful rainbow and then the beautiful lyrics came from an unknown voice.

You need to stop where your going
The ending is near, down the bright tunnel of doom
The wings are spread, as sunlight gleams

There is no return over the dark shadow of pity
Your to far gone
Life is down as you fly away
In to the pits of depression


Listening to them words a pang of jealousy over took me, they where my words...my lyrics I was meant to be there. Not here but there.
What had I given away?

A life of happiness for a life of misery, the show went by quickly and I stood there in awe, so proud of my girls, going out there and playing there hearts out.

As the lights darken yet again, this was when all the screaming began, it made me giggle in side, from when I was on tour and I had watched from backstage and smiled at how all the fans had gotten all excited and here I was now just a simple fan.

The show was truly intoxicating and I was so compelled to watch, glued to the one spot as I watched Gerard prance around the stage, hiding his sadness, revealing the stage character he was. It was so much that time passed by quickly and before I knew it I heard his voice for the last time. “Thanks Dallas we LOVE you.”

The lights turned on, so bright on the pupils I had to cover my eyes. Excitedly Kansas started speaking but I was unable to make any words out.

Shaking my head I tried to figure out her mumble jumble.

“Let’s wait for them please....” she begged as she excitedly jumped around in her heels that she had worn the whole night and bounced around in...if it was me my feet would have been dying. I had no idea what to say, if I waited for the band to leave he’d, they would see me...what was I to do?
♠ ♠ ♠
hope your enjoying :-)