Three Cheers For The Jet Set Life

Ignition of the heart

Gerard’s POV

Sitting alone in my apartment yet again, I was surprised when I heard the door go. Getting up off the sofa where I had been flicking through the channels, however not having found anything interesting to watch. I wandered over to the door and opened it to see Frank and Coco standing there looking hyper as ever.

“Hey Guys.”

“Hey.” both said in unison as they casually walked in and made themselves at home.

“So what’s up?” I asked.

Frank got straight to the point, which was one thing I liked about him he never went around the bush he was always direct.

“Coco and I want you to come out with us and Emmalee as well.”

Emmalee to me was a friend nothing more nothing less, yes she was the new vocals for Landslide. But a romantic interest that I didn’t want to hear, my heart was still burning for Dakota and even after all this time, I was happy to admit that well I still loved and wanted her back.

“Frank I’m not in the mood to be set up.” I replied.

“Dude this ain’t a set up, Emmalee doesn’t really have many friends and well Coco offered to take her out and well I want some company.” came Frank’s reply.

Listening to what he had to say, I wasn’t sure what to say. Maybe he did just wanna hang out as friends and that I was up for but being set up that I wasn’t.

“Come on Gee...please, please, please” Coco begged.

Thinking for another minute I nodded my head, what harm was it going to do to me. Going out with friends it would most probably do me some good.

“Yay” Coco screamed full of hyperactivity as she started to jump up and down.

“OK Coco...enough please.” I stammered to reply.

“Sweet well lets go then.” Frank ushered as he started to leave.

“Hang on, let me change my top and I’ll be ready in a min.” I said as I rushed to my bathroom to clean myself up.

Once ready and placing on a simple black t-shirt with my black jeans I was ready, I had no reason to impress anyone as long I looked and smelt clean that was fine with me.

Getting in to Coco’s car, I buckled myself in as she was one crazy driver if anything a real led foot and well I valued my life at this moment. Speeding off Coco drove to an unknown pub, which was happily called the Stolberg.

Walking in the doors, I saw a face that I recognised in that being Emmalee, she actually looked pretty. But other then that she was simply my friend, as well all walked over to her.

We continued to greet her and find and area where we would be able to sit back and chill.

Emmalee looked towards me with a warm smile and you could instantly notice that she felt uncomfortable like she had been set up, thinking about it. It truly seemed that Coco and Frank had gone out of the way to set us up but why I don’t know. Both were aware of my feelings and where they lay.

It was Dakota and only Dakota I wanted.

As the night progressed, Coco and Frank tended to disappear a lot, which meant that it was just Emmalee and I. It was still awkward but we were both making the best of the current situation.

“So um...how are you liking being in the band?” I asked

Looking towards me with her southern twang she replied. “I love it...it’s just great...and the girls have been so welcoming to me. I couldn’t ask for anything more.”

“Cool.” I said as I turned to look away.

“So um...how are you enjoying your time off?” Emmalee asked while taking a sip of her drink.

“Yeh it’s going good.”

Before I knew what was happening, Emmalee had moved closer and literally her face was inches from mine.

“You know I think Coco and Frank are trying to set us up...I kind of like it, your hot!”

Not sure what to say, to say the least I was certainly taken back. I started to stutter. “Ahh...um...ah!”

From that it seemed Emmalee got some kind of hint that I was allowing her access to my body, with her hands she grabbed hold of mine and her lips lunged towards me like a flying space ship ready to land, and well then there was impact.

Not sure what to do I sat there as her lips worked and I sat there frozen. My sense’s came back to me as I pulled away, the shock on her face was priceless. But right now I didn’t care I needed to get out.

Standing up and looking at her, I spoke. “Look I’m sorry I gotta go.”

With that I bolted off to find Frank who was at the bar with Coco.

“I’m going...I cant be here.”

Before Frank had a chance to reply, I bolted off...wanting to be by myself. Wondering the jersey streets, it was chilly so I was glad I had a jacket to keep me home, as I made it too my complex. I opened the security gate and started to walk to the stair way where I could see a figure sitting on the steps.

As I got closer it was definitely a woman’s figure, getting closer. I could barely see there face. But they had seen me and got up from where they were seated. As she slowly paced towards me...I knew who it was.

“Hi Gerard.” came her beautiful voice.

Was I dreaming, was this all just a horrible dream. Had my girl returned?

“Dakota?” I whispered.

“Yeh its me.” She softly spoke.

Looking at her she looked more beautiful then ever, I had no idea what to do, opening my arms, I grabbed hold of her and held on tight.
If this wasn’t a dream well then I didn’t want to let go.

“You’re here?” I asked

“I’m back...I’m so sorry.” came her sweet voice.

Fuck I didn’t care bout any apologies, all that was going through my mind was my girl is back, she’s here with me. Me holding her in my arms.

Everything seemed perfect, looking in to her blue orbs I held her gaze as I moved in for the kill, as our lips crashed together, the heat was intensifying as the passion re-ignited. Entwined as one with the magic of our kiss...it was beautiful and this I didn’t want to end.