Three Cheers For The Jet Set Life

It's too late

Coco’s POV

Heading to the only place I could think Dakota would go to, that was the first place I headed or actually drove to with Jay and Mac in the back of my piece of a shit car. Anger was all that was fuelling me and more then anything I needed to confront her, like Jay and Mac as well.

We were meant to have been like sister’s to her, but rather she had just thrown us to the curd truly not giving a damm and that really hurt...and now as we were getting on with our lives, gelling with our new vocals she decided to reappear. It seemed the guilt had finally caught up to her.

Rather then running away I wished she had come to us, or if anything taken a few days to herself. Not FUCKING five months. Pulling in to the dingy motel, it reminded me of 80s porn. From the style of the motel all creepy looking from the psycho movie, to the inside of the rooms, from what I could remember. It was the maroon carpet that truly gave it that eery feeling.

Why would I know so much about this, well when Dakota had first ever been attacked, this was the one place she had retreated to. I myself had spent many nights here, watching over her so as though she done nothing to harm herself. Within Dakota’s twisted mind this was one place she had felt safe, what made it safe that I have no idea nor do I really care to find out.

My goal today was to confront Dakota with all the might I had, I know Jay and Mac just wanted to talk. But I was over the talking and had finally realised that with Dakota talking never got you anywhere. Rather it was spun in circles and nothing she ever said had any merit.

As the car was now parked I was the first to get out and head to the little reception area, where an old lady sat knitting what looked like some form of scarf.

“Hi...can you please tell me what room Dakota Ackerson is in please.”

As the old bat continued on with her knitting, she glanced up at me through her thick glasses. DAmm this woman reminded me of how a mother would look like to a serial killer.

“Sorry deary...you will have to speak louder.” The old bag’s voice boomed.

“Dakota Ackerson...What room is she in?” This time I yelled back.

“Oh dear Dakota and her friend are in room seven.”

Walking out I hit myself in the head, how could I have not thought of that, Seven after all was her favourite number and was the same room she had rented when she was having her last breakdown. Not waiting for the girls, who were standing beside the car. I fastened my pace and headed to room number fucking seven.

Standing outside, I was at the moment where I was ready to explode. Before I knew what was happening it was like someone or something else was taking over.

Banging hard on the door with my fist, I started to yell. “Dakota open the fucking door!”

Hearing movement, I was quite surprised to see a small blonde standing there with a big baggy MCR t-shirt on.

“Where’s Dakota?” I fumed.

“Ahh in the shower.” Came such a small voice.

“Fine.” I responded as I pushed past the blonde figure with her eyes wide as she watched me bang on the bathroom door.

“Dakota get the fuck out here now.” I yelled yet again.

Hearing the water stop, I realised she had heard me. So now all I had to do wait which I was sure wouldn’t take long...because for Dakota she would always recognise my voice.

As the door opened, everything that happened next was to me a blur, but after being told later. My beautiful knuckles had collected with Dakota’s mouth and split her lip.

Dakota’s POV

As I felt the pain surge through my face, I stumbled and fell back on to the tiled floor. Looking up I only saw eyes of anger as Coco looked towards me.

“Fuck...Coco what was that for?” I yelled as I spit the blood out that had formed in my mouth.

“What was that for, what was that for you ask?” She screamed. “That was for all the pain you have put me though, all the torment you caused this band. All the hurt you put Gerard through. For everything you have ever done, for being so damm selfish.”

I had no response. I could understand that Coco would be upset with me but totally pissed that I was not expecting. I thought she was going to be happy to see me. But it looked as though I had truly been wrong.

“You’re a cruel person Dakota Ackerson...you deserve no happiness none what so ever. I hate you for what you have done to me, Jay and Mac and yes I’m speaking on their behalf’s. Cause I can say what needs to be said. I will not put you on a pedal stool and tell you everything is ok and that we are glad that your back. Well because I’m not. I was there for you through it all both times and you shitted it back in my face, like I meant nothing to you. I was meant to be your best friend. But you showed me you only care for yourself and have absolutely no feelings for anyone else. Gerard deserves so much better.” Coco yelled full of anger.

I had no response what she was saying was the truth but boy did the words sting. Kansas looked towards me with utter confusion.

“Dakota...what’s going on...why is Landslide in our room.”

“She didn’t tell you?” Coco boomed.

“Tell me what...by the way your band rocks, I saw you guys at project rev and wow you guys can play.”

Coco smiled and continued to talk. “So you know nothing?”

Kansas shook her head. “Well here’s a brief history lesson for you. Dakota here is or was actually the lead in our band, involved in a relationship with one of the sweetest men ever...Gerard Way. One day Dakota decided I like him and they started going out, but then the big bad wolf came and turned her life upside down. So Dakota decided to go far far way to a place called Hollywood, where we as friends tagged along...to help her with her fresh start. After time away we came back and the love of her life still wanted her, but rather Dakota being the selfish person she is...decided to run away. To never contact her friends beside’s one FUCKING phone call. And now we are in the present and this is the life of Dakota Ackerson.”

Kansas stood there with her mouth wide opened, literally no words were coming out. Tear’s I could feel were welling up in my eyes.

Why did life have to be so hard right now, I was trying the best I could...to extend my remorse. To come back...but it seemed that maybe just maybe I’d made the wrong decision.
♠ ♠ ♠
hope you enjoy...please leave comments :-)