Three Cheers For The Jet Set Life

I Wanna Be In The Band

Mysterious POV

Taking the short drive to where everything first happened. This was where Dakota would finally succumb to her beautiful death by my hands. To me it was going to be a glorious day, that I would relish in for eternity.

The pain this woman had caused was finally going to come to an end and it would all because of me.

My plan was coming along beautifully. No one suspected a thing, nor would they. I was free to do whatever the hell I pleased.

Karma was finally coming my way, after having this in the works for so long. But having no idea where the stupid bitch was, it was great when she stupidly decided to return to her roots of good old Jersey.

The clock was ticking down and soon Dakota would be all mine for the taking.

Jay’s POV

It was getting harder each day with Coco and Dakota not talking, having made amends with Dakota and having had the long talk with her. I could fully understand her actions. She was hurting more then she had let on, cursed by the pain Jeff had caused her not once but twice and to Dakota her only chance of a minimal existence was to runaway.

I didn’t agree with it but I could understand. And to me that was all that mattered. Now we just needed Coco to see it, who was now being the stupid stubborn one. Sometimes I wished that I could just slap her to make her see sense, but at the same time it was something she was going to need to do on her own.

As much as I wanted to intervene I knew that I couldn’t. It wasn’t my place, this was a journey that Coco was going to have to take alone. I just hoped Dakota was patient enough to wait.

Hearing the doorbell ring, I got up to see who was at the door and was surprised to see that it was Dakota.

“Hey.” came her reply.

“What ya doing?” I asked.

“Well Gerard has to do some stuff in the city, Kansas has gone sight seeing and well I decided to pop over and see how my apartment was going.”

That was one thing we had never addressed. This was indeed Dakota’s apartment and she had never once kicked us out, so I knew that she loved us, not wanting to put us out on the road, how she would feel about Emmalee having her room only Dakota would be able to tell me or us.

“Cool, We have to go to the studio soon, they want us to lay our voice’s down for our new album.” I replied cringing at the words, this I could feel was a sore point for Dakota, but at the same time she had to understand she had left us with nothing. As much as I wanted to welcome her back in to the band I couldn’t.

Her place had been filled and well what was done was done.

Dakota’s POV

Smiling sweetly towards Jay I knew I couldn’t be angry, so they had a new vocals, life was and would always go on. Gee and I had talked about it, about me going solo. But as I had explained I wasn’t a pop tart. I was a rock chick and I needed a band.
So Gerard suggested I start a new band and try and get signed with skeleton crew.

Thinking it was a great idea. I had thought about it, but selfishness was taking over. I wanted my band back, the baby band I had created. To be with the girls I truly loved like sisters. It was plaguing my mind on what to do.

But for now I had put it to the back of my mind, right now I wanted to spend some time with them and get to know the new vocal’s of the group. What I had heard of her she was a pretty nice girl. But liked to keep to herself. From when I had seen her in Texas live. She had a killer voice.

It was amazing...and to be honest she seemed liked the perfect fit for my band. What I hated was when she sung the lyrics I had written, but what was I to do, I was out of a band and with my best friend still wanting nothing to do with me.

There really seemed like no chance of me getting back in, even if at the moment it was the only thing I wanted besides Gerard.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please enjoy....comments welcomed and feedback always appreciated :-)