Three Cheers For The Jet Set Life

Shake and Bake

Coco’s POV

I knew when Dakota eventually found out that Brian was My Chemical Romance’s manager, shit was gonna hit the fan. I hated lying to my best friend but inside I could tell that she loved Gerard, they were soul mates whether she wanted to admit it or not they were destined to be with one another.

At this stage she couldn’t see it but along with everyone including myself we could all see it, Frank and I had spoken about it heaps...not that our conversations revolved around Dakota, but unknown to Dakota we or really Frank had been giving Gerard update’s on Dakota’s progress and how she had been doing.

I guess in a way I was involved as I would tell Frank and then he would go and tell Gerard. Gerard never asked for this information but he always welcomed it, you could so tell that his heart was breaking and that all he wanted was to have Dakota back, she was just being too stubborn in thinking that this fresh start was what she needed when in fact what she really needed was to get laid and to be with Gerard.

Thinking about that it made me giggle, the random thought’s I would come up with...Oh Boy!...

Back out our apartment, I’d decided that I had been cooped up enough whether anyone liked it or not I was going out and with Frank.

I knew that the girls thought something was going on with Frank, and not to lie we had fooled around and been fooling around especially since his relationship with Jamia turned sour and it ended. But for us, both of us were too lazy to do anything about it in actually having a relationship and really in a way I liked it like that.

It meant there was no commitments nor was it like all fluffy and mushy. We I guess we just had a mutual understanding and needs that we liked to satisfy when the time arose. Maybe it was corny or heck even stupid and I knew the girls wouldn’t be impressed definitely wanting to give there own impressions, so rather I kept it to myself.

This was my life and I was happy in it. Dakota had automatically gone to her room, in which I was assuming trying to work out if we had just made the best decision. Well tough I thought all I knew was that I wanted to make music and even with Brian as our manager she would need to learn to deal with it.

Going into my ring I automatically rung Frank.

“Coco.” he cooed.

“Hey Frankie...wanna hang?”

“Yeh...I’m at Gee’s come over.”

“Ok cool.” I replied as I hung up.

Leaving a message on the bored I grabbed my bag and keys and walked out the door, going to Gerard’s was pretty easy after Frank had given me directions I was glad that I actually hadn’t gotten lost.

Parking my little shit box of a car that I had proudly dubbed ‘Shake and Bake’. I walked to the front door and waited for an answer, as the door opened I was lunged upon by Frank who gripped me by his arms and carried me in to the lounge where Gee and Mikey were sitting on the floor and seemed to be playing video games.

“Hey guys.” I waved as I sat with Frank now on the sofa on his lap.

As soon as Gee knew I was here a smile spread across his face and rather quickly, I knew he was dying to know how Dakota was and I was happy to provide the information.

“How’s she doing?” he asked.

“She’s resting at the moment, I think she is still trying to work everything out inside.”

“How was she at the meeting, did she have any idea?”

“Nope none what so ever, and Brian is a pretty good actor, he acted like this was the first time he had ever met me.”

“Did it take her long to decide?” he asked armed with a lot more questions.

“Um...I guess...I just blurted yes, but we she seemed ok with it.”

“Awesome, I just hope it works out the right way.”

‘Gee don’t put yourself down, it will I know Dakota and she is still in love with you whether she wants to admit it or not.”

After a heap more questions, I’d finally had enough and told Gee to shut up in which he happily obliged.

Dakota had to go back to him, even I was sure of it...but then again my word was never one to be right. In anything I was always wrong but this time it did actually feel different. I just hoped they did, they were so cute together.

Gerard’s POV

After listening to what Coco had to say, I knew I had made the right decision in asking Brian to become Landslides manager, at first he had been adamant in saying no as he didn’t want to get caught up in my love issues, but after making him listen to there album and some concert footage we had taped.

He was hooked and came around to the idea, however telling me that he wasn’t getting involved in the whole loved up issue.

As he said this was my battle and I had to fight it on my own. Which I was happy to do Brian had done more for me more then I could ever ask for. I firmly had Dakota in my sights, I just hoped she was still feeling the same way and from Coco’s reassurance it truly seemed like that...I guess time would really tell.