Three Cheers For The Jet Set Life

To The End

Author’s POV

Dakota hung from the chains that entangled her body, as her life started to slip away with no energy left her eyes started to slowly close. Her mind was running rampant telling her to continue her fight, but her body had given up and was ready to let her go.

Blood trickled down her torso from the many stab wounds Emmalee had inflicted upon her. The warmth of it as it seeped down her leg gave her an unusual sense of relief. The torment she had been put through over and over was finally coming to a close.

She however didn’t want to die alone, in the place that had taken her innocence away from her. No more energy to move she simply continued to hang there like a person being crucified. Dakota knew she needed one last fight, she didn’t want to slip away, never to see her loved ones again.

Her mind began to build up strength, the face of Gerard slipped in to her mind, that cheesy smile she had come to love simply stayed in her mind as she tried to regain some strength. This to her was not what fate had intended for her, she needed to survive. To control her body, to keep her eyes open.

As Dakota opened her eyes she smiled as she saw that familiar face.

“Gerard.” She whispered ever so faintly as the name of her lover curled of her soft tongue.

“Hey baby...” the voice whispered back to her.

A smile shined upon her face at hearing the soothing voice of Gerard.

“I’m so happy you’re here...I need to tell you something.”

“Shh...it can wait.” Gerard replied.

Dakota felt at peace knowing the man that loved her was here, finally with her to the end.

A sense of happiness seem to fill the room as she felt she was being held by Gerard, Nothing else seemed to matter besides to survive, to be with Gerard. The love she had said it all, her heart was softly beating content with what was happening.

“Dakota you need to stay with me, keep your eyes open.” The voice of Gerard echoed through her body.

Gerard’s POV

The drive seem to take for ever, the thought of her being there all alone was tormenting me. I wanted to be there to help her. I needed her she was my everything, all we had gone through. She was the one, the one for me and I couldn’t let anyone take her away from me.

As we turned on to the dirt track, everything came back from the last time this had happened. It was daunting knowing she was out there fighting for her life and I hadn’t noticed. I should have it was my duty to be her protector, but rather it had slipped by and there was nothing that I could do about it.

“How much longer?” Coco asked eagerly.

“Not much.” Jay replied.

The cops had been informed, but we couldn’t wait around, I needed her now to finally be in my arms. To kiss her soft tender lips yet again. Before I knew it we had turned up to the horrible place where it had all began, shivers ran through my body. But I was going to be strong if not for me for Dakota, she needed to see that I had strength and that I was going to help her through everything.

As soon as the car stopped, I un-latched the seatbelt and took off. Calling her name I heard nothing.
Where she was I didn’t, the horrible smell oozed from the cabin it smelt like death was here. I held back the tears that were wanting to escape. Running from room to room there was nothing.

Anger was boiling over that Jeff had led us on a wild goose chase, but then it came back, the basement. Where I had found her that last time, running back out side with Coco and Frank right behind me, they had the same idea of where she could or was located.

Running to the side of the cabin, I saw the wooden doors that were locked, before I had a chance to do anything. Frank was there with what looked like an axe and started to smash in to the wood and chain that covered the handles. It didn’t take long before it was broken.

Inhaling a deep breath, I ran down the wooden stairs. What I saw next I knew was never going to leave my mind, There she was hanging from the chains she had been tortured with so many times before, she looked lifeless, her limp body hung there. Blood spilled down her body, there was wounds everywhere. Bruises laced her face and the rest of her body, she had put up a fight.

Quickly I ran to her holding her body, Coco and Frank rambled around the room to find any form of keys to unlock the chains that encrusted her wrists.

“I got them.” Frank proclaimed as he fiddled with the chains and finally after some time unlocked them.

With her in my arms I looked for any sign of life, she showed it to me with the flash of her beautiful blue eyes opening. A smile beamed across her face.

“Baby.” She whispered ever so faintly

“Oh Dakota,” I moaned as I wrapped my arms around her body, holding her tight. The tears started to slip down my face, with the ounce of strength she had, she wiped it away. She seemed so serene.

“ I love you Gerard Way.” She whispered in to my ear.

“I love you too Dakota.” I replied.

Her limp body finally seemed at peace, I could see that her eyes were wanting to close.

“Baby, stay awake for me please.” I said as more tears spilled down my face.

“I did.” She whispered.

With that her eyes softly started to close, her hand that held my slowly started to loose the grip it held.

“No, Dakota I need you please stay awake.” I screamed in fear.

Frank’s POV

Watching Gerard, there was nothing I nor Coco or anyone could do, Dakota was slipping away. It was heart wrenching to watch but she had put up her fight and it seemed that she was at peace at the prospect of finally seeing Gerard. She had held on just for him.

It was all quiet and then the screams started.

“No, No, No, Baby please I need you.” Gerard yelled full of emotion as Dakota’s life simply ended.

Coco scrunched in to me as tears fell everywhere, Gerard grabbed hold of Dakota’s body tightly not wanting to let her go. It was one of the worst things to see. It was painful more then any words would ever be able to describe, she had succumbed to her fate, but not with out saying her last goodbye to the man she loved.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys liked and the authors POV didnt confuse you, i wanted it to seem as though Dakota's thoughts in the form of Gerard were telling her to hold on to say one last goodbye.