Three Cheers For The Jet Set Life

You Can't See Me

Dakota’s POV

The day had arrived and I was yet again heading to the Riot Squad head quarters, this time alone as the girls had gone out during the day and I told them I was going to meet them there. What was getting me anxious was seeing Gerard again, it would however be funny to see if I had given him a black eye. But I doubted within myself that my punch would have been that hard.

But hey when you have adrenalin kicking in well then who really knows. Only he would and it wasn’t like I could literally go up to him and be like hey Gerard, how was the punch what did it feel like. First off I’d never do it, as at this moment I was extremely angry with him and secondly I just hoped it hurt.

With my newly dyed hair I let it flow freely with also minimal makeup. Clothes were easy a pair of sweats and just one of our band tee’s that said Landslide in white as the tee was black. Heading out the door I got in to my car and drove off. The drive in to the heart of Jersey was short and sweet.

Parking my car and crossing the road I headed straight for the star bucks with my sunnies still on my face I headed in and instantly saw Gerard. Boy he looked hot right now and more then anything I’d love to take some of his sweet loving.

Shaking my head I hoped he hadn’t noticed me which I was sure he hadn’t due to my hair, so heading to the counter I couldn’t keep my eyes off him through my sunglasses he was intoxicating to watch. Eventually I ordered my Latte and when finally receiving it I headed straight out the door and over to the Riot Squad.

Once again I walked in the door, no one seem to notice me as I took a seat taking sweet sips of my coffee, with the sunnies still on it was funny to get a different perspective of what everyone else was doing.

Coco was sitting on Frank’s lap like a pair of loved up sick puppies, Jay and Mac were talking to Mikey and Ray. Bob was sitting there talking to Gerard who seemed oblivious to the fact that I was even there.

How long this could last I had no idea and I knew eventually I’d have to reveal that it was me but the serenity of not being disturbed was greatly appreciated. Eventually Brian came out and ushered everyone in, getting ready to follow. He noticed that I wasn’t there or so he thought.

“Where’s Dakota?” He asked looking directly at Coco.

“Um she should be here, but she ain’t, maybe she’s running late.”

Saying nothing I crept in to the room while none were looking and finally took my glasses off of my face, to reveal that it had been me all the time, hearing gasps of shock an instant smile swept across my face as I scanned the room to have my friends looking at me.

One eyes in particular I met were Gerard’s them beautiful hazel eyes staring at me with so much love in them.

Oh my god...Dakka your hair.” Coco squealed so high pitched that everyone including myself had to block our ears.

Brian had also seen me and smiled a sweet smile. Everyone else couldn’t help but stare or gaze in my direction, while I tried to avoid all eye contact with Gerard, it was hard but I knew it needed to be done. I had to be the stubborn one, I sometimes wondered why he was still in love, deep down I was still in love with him but at the same time I had on the outside also moved on.

It was what was needed and these next couple of months were going to be hard, as I was sure he would make every attempt to see me like every day. There needed to be that wall and I was going to put it up in order to move on with my life. Everything at this stage seemed to be going so well.

That I didn’t want to ruin it by bringing my past back, Gerard was now apart of my past and that’s were he needed to stay.

Gerard’s POV

Sitting there through the whole meeting was hard, having her so close and not able to touch her was painful. She looked amazing and all I wanted to do was have my arms wrapped around her, to show her the love, that I was pining for.

The meeting went along very quickly and before I knew it, it had ended more then likely as I’d been basically just staring at Dakota and I knew she could see that I was I just couldn’t help myself.

What I’d gotten from the meeting was that tomorrow we would be taking off for our Europe tour with Landslide as our supporting act...this was my time I hope to eventually win her heart all over again.

As we walked out the room, I could see her quickly pace out the door, running behind her.

I called to her and got nothing, thinking she hadn’t heard me. I called again. “Dakota...can we talk?”

Turning around she now faced me looking more beautiful then ever...what was I going to say I had no idea...but before I got a chance to speak she started.