My Chemically Avenged Romance

Ten Rings.

“Girls night!” Stacie yelled, walking into my bedroom. The boys where playing Jersey tonight so I was at my parent’s house.

“Stac, I thought we were going to the boys show?” I laughed, pulling my skirt down lower on my waist.

“No… you need a night off from jumping Zack every three seconds.” Stacie laughed and flung one of my pony tail holders at me.

I rolled my eyes and then put another coat of lipstick on,

“Then what are we doing for girls night?”

“Pencey Prep’s playing tonight…” Stacie trailed off.

“Stacie. No.”

“Sammy come on! Please, you used to love Pencey Prep until you and Frankie broke up… let’s just go and have fun and not bang our boyfriends tonight” Stacie said, literally pulling me out of my bedroom.

“But I want to bang Zack tonight…” I laughed and I heard Stacie groan.

“Whore!”

I just giggled and skipped down the stairs. I was determined to have fun tonight.

------------------------
“It’s fucking loud in here!” I yelled and linked my arm with Stacie’s and we found a spot at the back of the club.

“Are you gonna be okay when Frankie’s up there?” Stacie yelled.

“I’ll be fine… as long as he doesn’t acknowledge me…” I yelled back, keeping my eyes on the stage as Frankie’s cousin took the stage, microphone in hand.

“How’s everybody doing tonight?!” He said and then crowd cheered.

“Alright, alright! Are you ready for Pencey Prep?!”

The crowd cheered again and then they took the stage. My heart leapt when I saw Frankie.

“You okay?” Stacie yelled again, seeing the discomfort on my face.

“Yeah, I’m good” I yelled. My heart was beating so fast!

The crowd went crazy as the first notes of “Attention Reader” began to play and I felt myself start to dance and sing along with Frankie and then stopped myself once I realized what I was doing. The song ended and I accidentally caught Frankie’s eye as he tuned his guitar. He glared at me for a moment before he spoke into the microphone.

“So this next song is a new one… It’s called “Ten Rings” and it’s about that blonde slut in the back of the room”

My jaw dropped… I knew who that, supposed, blonde slut was. Me. I looked at Stacie and she was glaring and mouthing wordlessly at Frankie.

“Learn to live with decisions that you made. I learned things from the break that I can't forget. Catch you doing drive-bys at 1 AM. It must kill you to know that we can't be friends” Frankie sang and I rolled my eyes.

Stacie’s glare only grew more angry.

“Start of the winter you cut me off, I cut you out of the pictures I have” I felt the hurt starting to seep in, and I started to feel bad about myself.

“Stop calling my house, my house, my house, stop calling my house, my house, my house” Frankie sneered into the microphone, looking straight at me.

“Living room, answering machine turned off. Ten rings 'til I pick up and you hang up. You made your bed to lie in with someone else. Guess you better watch what you wish for...” And there it was... He thought I cheated on him with Zack... when, in fact, he cheated on me! I snapped out of my angry thoughts in time to see Stacie charging towards the stage. I ran after her and grabbed her arm.

“Stacie! No!” I yelled and she tried to pull her arm out of my grip.

“I’m gonna kick his ass!” Stacie yelled.

“And what will that accomplish?!” I yelled back and she just frowned and stopped trying to fight me.

We had missed a good portion of the song, but Frankie was still singing when I tuned back in,

“There's nothing left to say, I won't answer the phone. Your obsession is starting to lose its charm. Nothing left to say, I won't answer the phone. We're over and done.”

Oh, so now I was obsessed with him?! Last time I checked, he had been calling MY house and asking Gerard all kinds of weird questions about me!

“Stacie, can we-” I stopped mid sentence because Frankie began singing again.

“Stop calling my house, my house, my house, stop calling my house, my house, my house”

The song finally ended and I grabbed Stacie’s arm and started pulling her out of the club.

“Where you going slut?” Frankie yelled from the stage and Stacie just stopped moving.

I turned and flipped him off and Stacie was screaming at him,

“You fucker! You cheated on her! So take your fucking song and shove it up your ass!”

I looked at her with wide eyes and then pulled as hard as I could.

“Stacie! Come on! I don’t want a fucking confrontation!” I yelled and Stacie let me pull her out of the club.

We got outside and Stacie was fuming!

“Just wait until Zack finds out about this! Forget Zack! Wait until Matt finds out! Frankie is such an asshole! I can’t beli-”

I had zoned out. I couldn’t believe that Frankie had written a song like that about me. It was full of lies and I was so hurt by it. I was gonna make him pay, and it was gonna hurt.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wooooot! Chapter idea Credit: STACIE. Song Credit: Frankie and Pencey Prep! (OH! I changed one line of the song so it would fit better)