My Chemically Avenged Romance

Seize The Day

If there was one great thing about your lawyer also being your father, it was that all your legal issues got solved real fucking quick. I was currently walking towards Avenged's bus, annulment papers in hand. Zack was going to sign them... even if I had to force him! I reached the bus and pulled the door open. I heard strumming and singing and then realized it was Zack.

"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost. It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over, trials in life, questions of us existing here, don't wanna die alone without you here, please tell me what we have is real. So, what if I never hold you, yeah, or kiss your lips again? Woah, so I never want to leave you and the memories of us to see, I beg don't leave me..." He stopped singing, then whispered. "Why can't you see how much I love you, Samantha..."

There was no way I was getting off the bus without him hearing me. He started strumming and I sat down on the steps of the bus. I leaned my head against the wall and let the memory of the first time I ever met Zack overcome me.

-Eight Years Ago-

"Knock, knock!" I heard on the other side of my door. Why was Matt waking me up this early on a Saturday morning?

"Yeah?" I groaned, not bothering to get up and open my door.

"I have someone I want you to meet, get dressed and come down stairs!" I heard my brother yell and I groaned inwardly. Who was so important that Matthew felt as though he had to get me up at this ungodly hour to meet them?

I rolled my eyes and slowly got out of bed. I walked over to my dresser and pulled out my favorite pair of black, tight, ripped up jean and then grabbed my new Misfits shirt from off the floor. I slipped my pajama's off and then changed, I pulled my hair up into a messy bun and threw some eyeliner on. I sighed again as I looked in the mirror. I shrugged my shoulders and left my room. I was walking down the stairs when I first heard him, I didn't recognize his voice and I had a feeling he was the reason Matt had woken me up so damn early.

"Your house is beautiful Mrs. Sanders." I heard him say and I rolled my eyes. That was the key to my mothers heart... compliment this giant monstrosity she called a house.

"Oh, well thank you very much Zachary!" I heard the joy in my mothers voice. His name was Zachary... I wondered if he preferred Zachary or Zack.

I reached the bottom step and then I saw him for the first time. My breath hitched in my throat, my heart started beating faster and there were butterflies the size of eagles in my stomach. I was now a believer in love at first sight.

"There she is! Sam, come here!" Matt smiled and I tried to remember not only how to breathe, but how to walk too. I managed to get over there and Matt smiled at me.

"Zack, this is my twin sister Sam... Sammy, this is Zack Baker. He just moved here from California and I'm introducing him to our, uh, clique." Matt laughed and Zack just stared at me. He had the same dazed look on his face that I probably had and I smiled.

"It's nice to meet you, Zack... What the hell would posses your family to move to Jersey from California?" I asked, emphasizing California.

"Uh, It's really nice to meet you too, Sam... uh, they keep, uh, telling me, my sister and my brother that it's, uh, a change of scenery" Zack smiled at me and I was completely dazed. I took in his face. His nose was a little large, but it was still really cute. He had pouty, extremely kissable lips. He had a small gap between his front teeth and some freckles... and then there were his eyes. I'd had never seen any other eyes like his. They were the most beautiful green eyes I had ever seen in my entire life. They were the kind of eyes I could get lost in and never return. He was the most beautiful boy I had ever met. I let out a breathy laugh and Matt gave me a knowing look.

"Well Jersey is definitely a change from California! Uh, Zack, you wanted to go check out my guitars, right?" Matt said, snapping both Zack and I out of our trances.

"Uh, y-y-yeah... I did." Zack seemed breathless and I felt the butterflies in my stomach multiply.

"Alright, so let-" I cut Matt off.

"You play guitar?" I asked, looking directly at Zack.

"Um, yeah. I taught myself and everything..." Zack almost blushed. He was officially perfect.

"That's really... really fucking cool" I laughed and he actually blushed this time.

"Thanks" He muttered and Matt cleared his throat.

"Okay then, so, come on Zack, I'll show you the garage were all the guitars are" Matt said and pushed Zack towards the garage.

I watched as he disappeared with Matt, a feeling of longing in my heart. I was in love.


I smiled to myself and then I heard Zack's voice, bringing me back to the present.

"Sammy?"

I snapped my head towards him.

"Hi" I said and stood up, hiding the annulment papers behind my back.

"What's up wifey?" He smiled at me and I fought the urge to smile back.

"Uhm... nothing... I... hey, why did you get so many piercings?" I asked, changing the subject onto something completely different than the reason I was actually there.

"I knew you liked piercings..." Zack muttered.

"What?" I asked. I hadn't heard him.

"I just wanted some piercings" Zack said, a little louder.

"Oh... so..." I trailed off.

"Sam, why are you here?" Zack finally asked, "What's that behind your back?"

I sighed and dropped my hands down. Zack saw the papers and sighed,

"I had a feeling that's why you were here..."

I just nodded. He smiled lightly and took the papers from me. He read them through and then put them on the table. He grabbed the pen he had just been using, then signed his name on the last page, right below where I had signed mine. He picked the papers up from off the table and handed them to me.

"I now pronounce us no longer husband and wife" Zack sighed.

"Well, not until I send these to my dad..."

Zack let out a small laugh.

"Do you want me to get you a stamp?"

"Zack-" I started.

"No, it's okay... I shouldn't have tricked you. It was so wrong of me and I'm sorry," Zack said, "I just want you to be happy and if being with Frank makes you happy, then so be it..."

Zacky was breaking my heart. How could he still be so decent to me after everything I've put him through?! My gut was telling me to rip up the papers and just stay as Mrs. Samantha Baker... but I ignored my gut and just hugged Zack instead.

"Thank you Zacky" I said in his ear.

"You're welcome Sammy" Zack smiled and let go of me.

I gave him one last smile and then left the bus... fighting the extremely strong urge I had to just run back to Zacky.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oofaa... The next chapter... well... something big is about to happen.