My Chemically Avenged Romance

Santa's Little Helper.

-December 2005-

“Merry Christmas Mommy!” I heard Zack say in a baby voice. I opened my eyes and sat up. I took in the sight in front of me and I laughed.

“Oh my God!”

Zack was in a full Santa costume, and my eight month old son was dressed as an elf.

“Zack! He’s so fucking cute!” I laughed and got out of bed. I took Aiden from Zack.

“I know, right? Val and Stacie bought it for him and it only took me ten minutes to get him into it!” Zack said proudly.

“So he’s Santa’s little helper?” I giggled and straightened Aiden’s elf hat.

“Yep!” Zack smiled and I laughed again.

“Very cute… you wanna open your presents bubba?” I smiled at Aiden. He made some cute sounds and I started down the stairs, Zack following behind.

We got downstairs and I saw Matt, Val, our parents, Lexi, Kelly, Kelly’s husband, my nephew Danny, Zack’s parents, his little brother Matt, his sister Zina, her husband, and their daughter Gianna, all there around the tree.

“There’s the momma elf!” Val laughed.

I rolled my eyes and my nephew, who had been playing with Matt, saw me and ran over to me, then hugged my leg.

“Auntie Sammy!”

“Hi Danny Boo!” I giggled and Aiden started reaching for Zack.

“Dada!” Aiden said and everyone froze.

“Did he just- did he say ‘Dada’?” Zack asked and I just nodded slowly.

“Aiden, what do you want honey?” I asked him and he reached for Zack again.

“Dada!”

Zack’s face lit up and he scooped Aiden out of my arms causing Aiden to clap.

“Dada!”

“Is that his first word?” My mother asked.

“Yeah!” I smiled. Aiden walked early, but he just wouldn’t talk. Zack and I had tried everything to get him to speak, but he just refused to do it!

“His first word was ‘Dada’! You’re my little man, huh?” Zack smiled and Aiden pulled at Zack’s nose ring. “Ow! Ow! No, Aid, No! Ow!”

I laughed and walked over. I took Aiden’s fingers away from Zack’s nose ring.

“Thanks…” Zack laughed, then handed Aiden over to me. “I’ve gotta go call Gena and tell her!”

All the joy had just been sucked out of the room. My face fell and I tried to cover it up. I noticed Zina frowning in Zack’s direction, but she wasn’t the only one. Zack’s mother, Maria, was… along with my mother and Lexi.

“Your brother’s an ass” Lexi said to Mattie, who just laughed and nodded.

“He is, yes, but we have something to tell everyone, right Lex?” Mattie smiled and so did my sister.

“I’m gonna be Alexis Baker! Mattie and I are getting married!”

Everyone immediately flooded them with congratulations… Everyone except me. I just bounced Aiden on my lap and tried to stop my tears from falling.

Lexi must’ve noticed my lack of enthusiasm at her announcement. because she shook our mother off and sat down next to me on the couch.

“I’m sorry” I sighed and Aiden placed his hand on my cheek. I think he was trying, in his little mind, to make me stop crying.

“Hey, it’s okay. I asked Mattie if we could tell everyone before you woke up, but he talked me into telling everyone after.” Lexi sighed and I just smiled lightly.

“Well, at least one of us is marrying our respective Baker boy.”

Lexi smiled back and then followed my gaze. I was staring at Zack, who was now off the phone and congratulating Mattie, with tears in my eyes.

“You love him, don’t you?” Lexi whispered.

I just nodded and the tears rolled down my cheeks and into Aiden’s little fingers. Aiden heard Zack talking and then started to reach for him again. I sighed.

“Merry Christmas baby boy…”
♠ ♠ ♠
I have no idea if Gianna was alive at this point, but hey, its my story!

OH! Im making Mattie Baker older than he actually is, okay? hahahah :D