My Chemically Avenged Romance

Moving Day!

-May 2006-

“Aiden! Don’t touch that! It’s expen-” There was a big crash, “sive”

I sighed and got up off the couch. I had been packing and moving all day, Zack and I had just bought a house. We had a long talk about putting Aiden first and making sure that he never felt like we didn’t care about him… so, we bought a house! Matt had been moping around since I told him Aiden and I were moving in with Zack. I walked over to where Aiden was standing, looking extremely guilty I sighed and Zack walked over with a broom and dustpan. I took them from him and began sweeping up what was left of the crystal vase my mother had bought me.

“I sorry Mumma.” Aiden said and I noticed that he had tears in his eyes.

“It’s okay baby… we just won’t tell Grandma Sanders that’s all. It’s okay!” I smiled and Zack took the dustpan and threw the remnants of my vase away as I picked Aiden up.

Aiden yawned and I smiled.

“Are you tried baby?”

Aiden nodded and I carried him upstairs to his new bedroom. It was the first room we had set up, thankfully. I laid him down on his crib and tucked him in. I placed his ducky, which he named Jimmy Duck, and Zack’s old blanket in there with him. I kissed his forehead and watched as he fell asleep. I was really happy that Zack and I were going to put our… differences aside to focus on what’s important. Aiden. I sighed and walked out of Aiden’s room and then back down stairs to help Zack finish unpacking. When I walked downstairs I noticed Zack going through one of my boxes. I saw him pull out a small box and I bolted down the remaining steps and ripped the box out of his hands.

“Jesus. What’s in there? Someone’s heart?” Zack laughed.

“Yeah…” I thought, “Mine.”

That box was full of pictures of Zack and I, or of just Zack… along with things that he gave me. I even carved a “Z” on the top of the box. It was my box of Zack.

“Um, it’s just really old and it means a lot to me… so…” I trailed off and Zack slipped the box out of my hands. “Zack, don’t-“

He opened it and I saw him smile a little bit. He pulled out a ring and I sighed. It was the promise ring he had given me at the beginning of our freshmen year. He looked at it and then at me and the memory of when he gave it to me flooded my head.

-Flashback-

-August 1996-

“Sammy! Sammy get up now! We’re gonna be late for our first day of high school!” I heard my brother yell on the other side of my door. I ignored him and then he pounded on my door again, “Sammy! Fine, I’ll just go back downstairs and tell Zack to go ahead without you…”

I shot up in my bed. Zack was here!

“I’m up!” I yelled back and I heard Matt start to laugh. “Let me just get dressed!”

I ran around my room and threw an outfit together quickly. I did my hair and makeup as fast and as neatly as I could and then grabbed my backpack and ran out of my bedroom and then down the stairs. When I reached the bottom step I saw Zack standing there waiting for me. I dropped my backpack on the ground and threw my arms around his neck.

“Hi baby! I missed you!” I sighed and buried my head in his neck.

“You just saw me yesterday!” Zack laughed and I pulled my head out of his neck and glared at him.

“So? I’m allowed to miss you even if I saw you twenty four hours ago!”

Zack laughed and kissed me softly.

“Can you come outside with me for a minute? There’s something I want to give you” Zack asked me and I smiled and nodded.

Zack opened the door and I walked out and then he followed me. He closed my front door and smiled at me.

“So what is it that you want to give me Zack?” I asked and Zack put his hand in his jacket pocket. When he took it back out there was a small box in his hand.

“This.” Zack said.

“What’s that baby?”

He opened it up and inside was a really pretty silver band.

“Zack what is this?” I was kind of panicking. Was he asking me to marry him?

“It’s a promise ring.” Zack smiled and I instantly felt relieved.

“A promise ring? Well what are you promising me, Zack?” I smiled and Zack took the ring out of the box and started to slip it on my finger.

“I’m promising to take care of you every single day for the rest of my life. I promise to protect you and defend you every day. I promise to be faithful to you and only you. I just… I want something to show everyone that you’re mine and that my heart is yours.” Zack said and then fully slipped the ring on my finger.

“Oh Zack! I love it! Thank you!” I smiled and then kissed him as passionately as I could.

When we pulled away Zack smiled at me.

“You’re welcome. I’m glad you like it…”

I went to reply when the front door opened and my brother threw my backpack at me.

“Let’s go! We’re going to be late!” Matt said and pushed Zack and I towards my mother’s car.

We got inside and I just smiled at Zack. He smiled back and then I looked down at my new promise ring.

I felt like I had won the lottery.


I smiled and Zack grabbed my hand.

“Here, you should wear this.” He smiled and slipped the ring back on my finger. “I mean it’s void now I guess… but I bought it for you and I wanna see it on your finger again.”

I laughed and nodded at him. Zack handed my box back to me and I put it back in the larger box that he had pulled it out of. I carried that box up into my bedroom and placed it down on the floor. It was the last of my things. I looked down at my hand and smiled. I had missed wearing this ring.

I started unpacking my things and Zack walked in. He had another box in his hands.

“What’s that?” I asked as I put more of my clothes into my closet.

“I don’t know… Stacie just dropped it off.” Zack said and put it on my new bed.

I walked over with the box opener and opened it. I put my hand inside and I immediately knew what this was.

“She’s such a bitch!” I groaned. Stacie had brought the box of the sex toys she had forced upon me, here.

“Why? What’s in there?” Zack asked and I sighed.

“It’s a bunch of sex toys that she bought… it’s kind of a long story.” I sighed and Zack just nodded. I put the box in my closet. I was going to call her and bitch her out later.

Zack sat down on my bed and smiled at me.

“So… here we are… roomies.”

I smiled and sat down next to him.

“Yep… so now what?”

“Um… I don’t know. How about I cook dinner for you, me and Aiden?” Zack asked me and I raised my eyebrows.

“Do we have any food?”

Zack just stared at the wall for a moment.

“Fuck! I’ll go grab some food…” Zack sighed and I laughed.

“Okay… see you when you get back!”

Zack nodded and then left the room. I laid down on my bed and felt my phone vibrate. I pulled it out of my pocket and saw that I had a new text message. I opened it and saw that it was from Quinn.

From: Quinn <3
Message: Guess what baby! I’m coming home tomorrow!

I looked at my phone in shock. I had completely forgotten that he was due home this month. I sighed and put my phone on my stomach. I laid there for a moment and relaxed. I closed my eyes and felt myself start drifting off to sleep… but then something hit me. I shot straight up in my bed.

“Shit!” I gasped.

Somehow I didn’t think Quinn would be very happy about the fact that I’m now living with my son’s father a.k.a. my ex-husband. I mean what boyfriend would be happy about his girlfriend living with the one guy who she’s loved since she was a teenager? It also didn’t help that Zack and Quinn did not like each other. At all.

The shit was potentially about to hit the fan.
♠ ♠ ♠
It'll get juicer soon... promise.

GO READ StacieIerogeance's STORY "TWO GIRLS, SAME LIVES"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!