Status: Yay Finished! Go check out the sequel!

Finding Love

One

“Ariel, baby its time for bed,” Sidney opened the door to a pink bedroom, where a three year old girl was on the floor, playing with Barbie dolls.

“No, twree more hours!” Ariel complained while Sidney laughed at his daughter.

“Don’t you want to come to practice with me tomorrow?” Sidney asked as he scooped his little girl up, making her giggle like crazy.

“Yeah! But me no sleep in my bed!” Ariel played with her father’s hair.

“Then where are you going to sleep?” Sidney questioned, though he knew the answer, in his bed.

“With Daddy!” Ariel exclaimed while poking her father’s nose.

“Only tonight, you’re a big girl, you need to sleep in your own bed,” Sidney explained while he started walking out of his daughters room, turning the light off behind him.

His apartment was nice. It was everything he would ever want; dark hard wood floors were throughout the house, a living room with black leather couches and huge plasma, a trophy room, a modern kitchen that Ariel would grow up in, four bathrooms, five bedrooms, and two people living in it.

He was proud that he was able to get to that point in his short life. Most people his age were just starting out, but Sidney was taking on the world.

At first when Ariel was born, he didn’t know what he was going to do. He thought that his girlfriend would help take care of her, but they broke up right after she was born, leaving Sidney with Ariel.

He wouldn’t have it any other way though, he loved his baby girl, and she loved him.

They went to practices together, the Penguins loved watching Ariel trying to skate across the ice. They went out to dinner together on Friday nights, usually to the place where Ariel could color.

He loved his baby girl, and right now- that was all he would be able to focus on.

Settling her into his bed, he kissed her forehead.
“Story, then bed,” Ariel laughed.

Sidney sighed, “Okay. Which story?”

“Little Mermaid,” Ariel clapped happily at her favorite story. She loved how her name was the mermaid’s name.

Sidney read the story with as much gust as he could, though he was tired. He had practice early in the morning, and would be leaving Ariel with the day care for part of the day before he could bring her to practice. He was nervous for that, because he never left her alone with a bunch of other kids.

After Sidney finished the story, Ariel was yawning.
“When are you going to find a princess that can be my Mommy?” Ariel wondered.

Sidney was confused; he wasn’t sure what to say, “Let’s not worry about that now baby. You make me happy and that’s good enough for me.”

Ariel smiled contently, “Okie-dokie. I love you.”

“I love you too honey, Sweet dreams,” He kissed her forehead before settling himself on the bed, Ariel tucked under his arm.

Sidney wondered when he was going to find a Mother for Ariel, he just wasn’t sure if he was ready yet.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter, just starting out.

Please comment and subscribe- let me know how you like it!