Status: Yay Finished! Go check out the sequel!

Finding Love

Ten.

Sidney closed his eyes on the uncomfortable chair, as he kept as silent as he could, hearing the quiet breathing of his sleeping girlfriend. This hospital room was so familiar to him now, the white walls, and the white tiled floor with specs of grey. The machines running throughout the room, the things hooked up to his small girlfriend.

He had taken off from hockey for the past few nights, not leaving the room unless to go home, change, shower, and of course go say hi to his kid.

The past two days had been hell for him.

He had to have the police question him, which was nerve-racking, have paparazzi follow him around daily, constant calls from his parents, finding people to watch Ariel, and worrying over his love.

“Sidney?” I snapped my head over to the sound, coming from the bed. Bridget’s blue eyes were open, open wide and alert.

Sidney breathed a huge sigh of relief, “Bridget, how are you?” It was the first time since the surgery she had woken up.

“It hurts,” Bridget said slowly, “My Dad…wher-“

“Don’t worry about that now, let’s focus on you okay?” Sidney interrupted, not wanting Bridget to even think about her horrible father, not while she was still in the hospital at least.

“Okay, am I okay? How long was I out for?” Bridget asked nervously, looking at the tubes snaked up her arms.

“Just about two days, you had to have surgery to fix internal bleeding in your stomach. Also, you broke your leg,” Sidney responded slowly, sitting extremely, extremely carefully on the edge of her bed.

“Really? I am so sorry, I didn’t realize he was going to be out of jail,” Bridget apologized.

“Why are you sorry? You shouldn’t be sorry. Don’t worry, if anything this is my fault,” Sidney ran his strong hand through his brown hair.

“Honey, this isn’t either of our faults. This is my Dad’s fault. Where is he, anyway?” Bridget questioned.

“The Pittsburgh city jail, just until the trial, which will be in a few weeks,” Sidney sighed.

“I guess we have to go to that, “ Bridget stated, looking at the ceiling.

“Yeah, we will. Listen, when I saw your apartment, I realized that I cant let you live there anymore, I just can’t. You’re part of my life now, your part of Ariel’s life also. Move in with us, you can quit your jobs and take care of Ariel,” Sidney rattled off, spilling what he had wanted to say since their first date.

“I-I I didn’t know you wanted me to move in,” Bridget mentioned, quietly that Sidney almost didn’t hear.

“I love you Brig, I want you with me. Always. I want to come home to you, knowing that you’re healthy. Knowing that I don’t have to worry someone is kidnapping you,” Sidney claimed.

A tear streaked down Bridget’s face, her shaking hands quickly caught it, “I, I would love to Sid.”

“Don’t cry, this is a good thing,” Sidney reassured his girl, wiping the tears off of her face for her.

“I’m crying because I’m happy, silly goose,” Bridget laughed.

“Oh. Okay, good,” Sidney laughed along with her.

“How long will I be in this place for?” Bridget asked, a disgusted look on her face.

“You can probably leave tomorrow, but your coming to our apartment, and your going to have to be really careful, strict couch rules” Sidney winked.

“Sounds good to me, wait- I don’t need crutches right?” Bridget asked nervously.

“No,” Sidney chuckles, “A walking boot thing, you know, those things that make it look like you have robot feet?”

“That’s better. I’m going to be a robot!” Bridget laughed.

“I was thinking about Ariel going to my parents for the week, just so you can get better and we don’t have to constantly be watching her,” Sidney commented.

“Will I get to meet your parents?” Bridget smiled.

“I can tell them to come to their apartment that they own down here, then you can see them,” Sidney said, whipping out his phone.

“If I give you the number to my sister Rosie, will you call her for me? She should know about my dad and stuff,” Bridget reached for Sidney’s blackberry. Punching in her sister’s number.

After Sidney took the phone back and called Rosie, she was extremely concerned for her little sister. She was going to stop by the house next week, to make sure Bridget was okay and everything.

“Sid, I’m really tired, I think I’m going to go the bed, but wait, one more thing,” Bridget yawned.

“What’s that?” Sidney asked.

“A kiss of course,” Bridget smirked.

Sidney dipped his head in, while carefully putting his hand behind Bridget’s head, and they kissed passionately.

Sidney pulled his head back, and smiled contently as he watched Bridget close her eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi guys!!! :) Hope you all like this so far, I still have a few other really big parts in it that are coming up!

Thank you so, so much for your lovely comments:):
Flamesgirl1204
penschick8771
beej16
RosiePosie08
life.in.technicolor
Canadiangirl
hs71pens
kathryncarlisle

Your thoughts? btw next few chapters im going to be introducing new characters like Sid's parents and Bridget's sister and court people and yeah. k bye bye! xo