Status: Yay Finished! Go check out the sequel!

Finding Love

Fifteen.

The days passed quickly with Ariel obsessing over her new toys, Bridget resting, and Sidney carefully watching her every move. Sidney had the week off of hockey practices, and since Christmas was such a failure, his mother was going to be flying down by herself for new years.

Thankfully, the firemen got the fire out before it could cause any damage, and everything was fine in the kitchen, it was if nothing ever happened, though something had happened.

Somehow, at some point, Bridget had ingested smoke. Even though him and his daughter were fine, Bridget had been sick. It happened too fast for Sidney, it was all just a blur to him.

Of course, anytime he tried bringing it up, Bridget would bit her lip and go back to whatever she was doing.

They were all at the airport now though waiting for Sidney’s mother to get there, Sidney with his hat pulled low down his face so that no one would be able to tell who he was at the crowded place.

“I see Nani!” hollered Ariel as she tugged to get out of Sidney who was holding her.

Sidney looked towards the distance in the flood of people and spotted his Mother, her short blonde hair perfectly in place, her blue eyes and straight white smile. She was wearing a huge parka, assuming that it would be freezing in Pittsburgh.

“Mom!” Sidney hugged her tightly as Ariel was squished in-between the two.

“Sidney! I missed you, and who is this little girl?” asked the woman as she looked at the little three-year-old smiling widely.

“Ariel! Your granddaughter!” Ariel giggled.

“You got so big I couldn’t tell!” her grandmother explained, ruffling her hair and giving her a kiss on the cheek.

“You must be Bridget,” the unknown woman introduced herself to Bridget who had been standing off to the side.

“You must be Mrs. Crosby, it’s a pleasure to meet you,” Bridget shook her soft hand into the wrinkled, yet strong hand.

“Please, call me Tina. I may be old but I am defiantly not a Mrs.,” Tina smiled.

“Tina then,” Bridget politely responded.

“Well, we better get going back to our place, I don’t want a rush of people in the parking lot,” Sidney grabbed Tina’s suitcase while still holding Ariel as they herded themselves out of the airport and into the parking lot.

“So Ariel, what did you get from Santa?” Tina asked as she settled in the passenger side next to her son. Tina always has been a kind and caring woman, comforting anyone whenever they needed it.

“I got toys! Maybe you can play with me when we get home…” Ariel hinted at her Grandma playing with her later.

“Of course honey, I want to see your room. I hear that Daddy painted it pink and got you a big girl bed,” the elder woman shared the knowledge with Ariel, who nodded.

“Daddy did, and now that Bridget moved in my room is always clean too.”

“I guess that’s good,” Tina chuckled while winking at Bridget who was blushing.

The rest of the ride was quiet, and when they got back to the apartment, they had given Ariel to the sitter that lived across the hall and the three adults were going to have dinner.

The restaurant they were going to was one that Sidney had been to often for hockey meets and other events.

“Tell me about yourself honey,” Tina encouraged as they sat down.

“Well, I graduated from college just a few years ago, I majored in Child Development, and I worked at a daycare for a year and after I moved in with Sidney I stopped working,” Bridget ran down her recent life in a matter of seconds.

“Really? So you must love kids?” Bridget fascinated Tina, and Sidney was glad. Being a mama’s boy, it was true that he wanted to impress his Mom with Bridget.

“I really, really love them. I didn’t grow up with any younger siblings, so once I grew up I finally realized that its actually a passion of mine to work with them,” Bridget told her, “Enough about me though, I want to know about you.”

“Well, I work as a nurse at the hospital where I live in Canada. Other than that, I’m just a hockey mom, and a proud one at that,” Tina spoke the last words while smiling at Sidney.

“Sidney’s accomplishments must have really made your family close,” Bridget, thought.

“Especially. More than that though, after my husband had a heart attack a year ago, our family really grew closer. Watching every game of his, coming down when we can,” Tina started to tear up, “I just count everyday as a blessing.”

“Mom got really upset when Dad had a heart attack,” Sidney explained to Bridget.

“I’m sure anyone would be upset if someone they loved was in danger,” Bridget let the words slip out of her mouth, though she hadn’t meant to say that. Bridget, herself was in danger as she spoke. She already made the decision that Sidney would never find out though, until she was gone at least.

“Now he is much healthier, and I kiss him everyday that he’s alive, thankful,” Tina dabbed at her eyes with a tissue she got from her purse.

“Moving onto lighter topics, Mom, Bridget, I wanted to let you all know that I want to throw Ariel a surprise birthday party, her birthday is January 23rd,” Sidney started, getting out of the heavy topic area.

That was three weeks away, Bridget defiantly would not be anywhere near Pittsburgh by then, though of course Sidney couldn’t know that, so she smiled and commented.

“That’s such a great idea! We should have it at that tea party place near your arena!”

“Oh you’re right, she does love that place,” Sidney nodded his head.

“Oh my gosh, this is going to be so fun! I have to tell Taylor!” Tina took her phone out, avidly texting her daughter.

“Don’t tell her though Mom, it will ruin the surprise,” Sidney warned, pointing his finger.

“Oh Sid, you know I wont do that!” Sidney’s mother rolled her eyes, though was still smiling.

Bridget just sat through the conversation, horrified that she wont be able to be at this party. She could already feel it, the change coming, the weakness that was beginning to succumb to the surface of her body, making each day harder and harder.

Hopefully though, her boyfriend won’t ever find out. He will find someone new to love, and forget all about Bridget.

She would miss him so much, though she knew that in just a few short days, she would be on a plane.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi guys! who else saw the penguins win to the devils monday? I watched:D
Sorry, this chapter was really boring and probably sloppy, I have tons of homework! I just made this to draw some suspense from you all!

Don't worry though, next few chapters will hopefully be to your liking!

You guys have the most inspiring comments&I love them!
kendra-rae
KarolineIsabel11
penschick8771
beej16
SabresLover28
Canadiangirl
RosiePosie08