Status: Yay Finished! Go check out the sequel!

Finding Love

Sixteen.

It was early, much, much to early for Bridget’s preference. Though she had everything ready, her suitcase was packed; her belongings were all neatly tucked away so that the family of two would never know she had been there in the first place.

She knew Sidney was going to be devastated, probably a mess, and Ariel would defiantly miss her; at least she hoped that the small girl would.

Leaving just a small picture on Sidney’s night table of Bridget and Sidney kissing, Bridget walked over to her sleeping ex-boyfriend, kissing him gently on the cheek before playing with his hair slightly, and walked out, closing the door behind her.

The tears were already protruding from her eyes, and the only thing she could do to stop it was take a deep breathe. She made her way to Ariel’s pink bedroom, looking at Ariel’s curls fanning out on her pillow. Bridget took out a small elephant stuffed animal that she had kept since she was a little girl, and placed it on the foot of Ariel’s bed. Kissing Ariel on the cheek, she quickly got up, blew a kiss, and walked out of the room.

The tears were practically pouring out of her eyes now, she was close to making a squeal or a squeak, but then she would wake someone up. If someone woke up and found her, she knew that she wouldn’t be able to turn forward.

Gently, Bridget closed the front door behind her, keeping the key in her sweaty palms as she nearly sprinted down the stairs, of course she couldn’t afford to sprint now, as she soon realized.

Her lungs were on fire, ready to burn to a crisp after running down those steps.

After getting herself back together, she quickly straightened herself up and pretended nothing happened as she walked towards the main lobby, looking out at the oddly colored sky. It was four thirty in the morning; she had a plane to catch.

The plane ride was long, and her thoughts quickly went to the letter that she had left the hockey player.

Dear Sidney,
Listen, this wasn’t your fault okay? I know that your going to come and try and find me, but don’t okay? I honestly thought that I would be able to do it, but the toll has been too great and I know that I had to leave. I do love you, and I always, always will love you. Whether I’m across the globe or not even here on this planet, our live will always be something that we both had. I want you to find someone new, some girl who is nice and kind and I want you to grow an even larger family with her, pretend that I never existed. When Ariel is older, tell her that I thought of her as my daughter and that I wish I saw her grow up. Sidney, baby, I don’t want to do this. I really, really don’t. I have too though.
Be my hockey star forever and ever, okay?
Love, Brig.

Her mind was reeling at the thought of what would happen when Sidney read the letter, hopefully he would accept it and not find her, she couldn’t bare to have him see her in the condition that she was going to be in.

“Now landing in Boston, please keep your seatbelts on,” the pilot announced as Bridget took deep breathes.

♥♥♥♥

Sidney woke up to an empty bed. Yawning, he stretched and looked at the clock, 7:03. He had practice in twenty-seven minutes.

Going to the master bathroom that he shared with Bridget, instantly he knew that something was wrong. Where were all of her shampoos, soaps, and makeup that were generally scattered along the counter?

“Bridget! Where are you?” Sidney called through the house, searching the room until going towards the kitchen, where he saw a single note.

Sidney wasn’t one to cry, he never cried. It was against his rules, a man crying is like peanut butter and orange juice, and they just don’t work.

Now though, even he could feel that watery things were coming from his eyes. Those were tears.

She had left him, or better she had left them. Sidney didn’t ever think that would happen again, happen with Bridget. Her old relationship with his other woman a few years ago crumbled because she was a liar, but Bridget? It seemed impossible.

It just couldn’t be, he half expected a hidden camera crew to pop out, and he actually hoped that one would.

Bridget was more than just a girlfriend to him; she was more like a best friend, a savoir, someone that he can hold on too.

The first thing that he could think to do was to call her cell phone, and so he did- only to find that she had it off.

The next thing to do was check their closet, making sure she took her clothes.

The clothes were gone.

Running his fingers through his hair, he peeked into Ariel’s room. What was he going to tell her? Sorry, but no one loves us, at least we have each other kid.

That would defiantly not work. He tackled the problem by just taking a shower, not even bothering to wake Ariel up yet.

Thoughts ran through his mind of him and Bridget together, he wished that he could just ask her why, what was wrong with him?

More importantly though, what was wrong with her? Obviously, he wasn’t going to wait too long. He would wait two weeks, if he doesn’t hear from Bridget, he planned on finding her.

Of course something major could happen during this time, something that he doesn’t know about, but one thing is for sure, when handling a problem with your loved one, give them time.

He wasn’t exactly sure how he would tell Ariel this news, but he knew that it was going to kill her. She was young, she thought that Bridget was her mother, she didn’t think that someone would be leaving her.

Sidney was planned to get Bridget back, because honestly without her, he would die. It was as simple as that, without the girl of his dreams, he would die.

Ever since he had made her move in with him, things had been amazing. Not only was he happier, but she was too. She was safe. Now though, now she could be on the streets for all he knew.

What if it was another guy? Sidney couldn't help but think, what if someone else loved her more than he loved her?

That wasn't possible though. No one could love Bridget as much as Sidney did.

Hopefully when Bridget came back to him, or he finds Bridget, it won't be too late.

Little did Sidney know, the clock was ticking much faster than anyone would have thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
anddd Bridget is gone. Predictions? I know it's really sad, but don't worry too much i like happy endings...sometimes! (hint)

Your comments are amazing! Remember- Comments=Chapters=What's wrong with Bridget!
beej16
Canadiangirl
RosiePosie08
kendra-rae
Cupcake1