Status: Yay Finished! Go check out the sequel!

Finding Love

Seventeen.

“Bridget?” Rosie opened the door to find her shivering younger sister, “What, why are you here?”

“Hi Rosie. Can I come in?” Bridget peered through the door, her luggage behind her.

“Of course, get out of the cold,” Rosie opened her door wider so that Bridget stepped in, hauling her bag behind her.

Bridget flooded with relief as she stepped into the warm haven.

“I love your house,” Bridget complimented while looking at the design, hard wood floors, and neutral wall colors.

“Not to be rude, but why are you here?” Rosie asked, leaning against the wall. Bridget noticed that she had gotten quite larger in the tummy area. She wondered how long until the baby would be born.

“It was time,” Bridget spoke as though Rosie should already know.

“Doesn’t Sidney know?” Rosie questioned.

“I didn’t tell him, he would just try and pay for the surgery, and I would feel bad,” Bridget lowered her head.

“I don’t know what I’m going to do with you. Come and have some coffee,” Rosie led her into a bright blue kitchen, cheerful and happy.

“Thank you,” Bridget relished as she got handed a cup of steaming hot coffee.

“So, how are you feeling?” Rosie asked as she drummed her fingers on the granite countertop, her engagement ring shimmering in the light.

“Well, the doctor said that by seven months I would start to feel sick, he was right,” Bridget confessed.

“Well, what are you suppose to do now?” Rosie asked, concerned for her sister.

“I wait. I have nowhere to go Rose; do you think I could stay here? Just for a few months, until well, until it happens,” Bridget begged.

“Maybe we can just go back to the hospital and they will make an exception, do the transplant even if we don’t have the money, I cant live knowing that I have to watch you…die,” Rosie choked on the dreadful word.

“It’s no good Rosie,” Bridget shook her head, dismissing the idea.

“Well, how bad are you going to get?” Rosie wondered.

“As I lose more and more lung capacity, well within ten days I’ll be pretty…sick, and I’ll stay that way for a few months until the inevitable happens. ” Bridget guessed. The disease it starts out slow but it ends in a blow.

“Dear god, don’t you love Sidney? Can’t you just tell him to pay for it? Surely he has the money?” Rosie questioned.

“I can’t do that to him, and I won’t,” Bridget was stubborn, she always had been, but Rosie didn’t remember her being quite so stubborn.

“Well then, I better show you to your room,” Rosie got up from her seat and resentfully showed Bridget to the small guest room on the second floor, the walls painted a light purple and a black and white bedspread.

“Thanks, it means a lot to me,” Bridget smiled, easing onto the bed.

“It’s the least I could do,” Rosie shrugged as she left the room, realizing that she wasn’t ready for this to happen.

“Daddy, where did Bridget go?” Ariel complained once again as she ran into his lap.

“I don’t know baby,” Sidney hugged his daughter close while flipping on the TV.

It had been one of the longest weeks of his life. After messing up constant goal shots, he realized that something horrible was happening.

Without Bridget, he was now a mess. His life was crumbling. The letter he left him was left in his pocket, and he took it out constantly as a reminder.

Sidney was just scared. What was going on with her? Why would she leave with absolutely no reason? Sidney couldn’t even begin to describe the confusion he felt.

Of course Ariel was just as concerned. She constantly was asking why her new favorite person wasn’t in the house anymore, making her food and tucking her in at night.
Sidney also couldn’t understand why she hadn’t come back yet. He thought this whole thing would blow over, but it hadn’t, though he had no clue what he did wrong.

The only thing he could do now was to wait the rest of the week out until he would decide to find her.

“Daddy, I don’t like it here without her,” Ariel yawned.

“I don’t either baby,” Sidney whispered.

Just as he said those words, the phone rang. Sidney left Ariel on the couch while he went to go receive it.

“Hello?” Sidney answered.

“Uhm Hi? Sidney?” someone on the phone spoke with a girly voice.

“That’s me, who’s speaking?” Sidney asked.

“Rosie…you may remember me. I’m Bridget’s older sister,” Sidney swore that he heard angels as Rosie said Bridget.

“My god, where is she? Is she okay?” Sidney barked.

“Well, she’s with me. Though okay…not so much,” Rosie murmured.

“I need to speak to her,” Sidney demanded.

“She wont talk to you, but Sidney, if you want her to survive, you really have to come to Boston,” Rosie informed.

“Bridget’s in Boston? With you?” Sidney asked, excited that he at least knew where she was.

“Yeah, come now. Soon,” Rosie emphasized while giving Sidney an address.

After hanging up, booking a ticket, calling Max and saying it was an emergency and he had to watch Ariel for a few days, Sidney was a storm.

Whether it took the rest of his life, somehow he would get Bridget out of whatever situation she was in.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter was ALL over the place. Not really liking it. :/

Thank you for the comments they were great:
Melissa1590
kendra-rae
Canadiangirl
RosiePosie08
beej16
mikeysrevenge
aimmalinee
bublbabie
penschick8771