Status: Yay Finished! Go check out the sequel!

Finding Love

Eighteen.

Twenty Four Hunter Drive, Boston Massachusetts. The only thing running through Sidney’s depressed mind was those thoughts.

The plane ride was miserable. He almost stood up and went to the pilot, saying that Sidney would fly the airplane and could probably get to Boston faster than the pilot. He almost told the overweight woman who sat next to Sidney who kept squeezing in-between the almost non-existent space between the hockey player and the seat above him to get to the bathroom. Sidney didn’t do anything of this though; instead he just kept calm and quiet.

Things would be okay, he constantly reminded himself.

In the back of his mind though, Sidney somehow knew that Bridget was not okay. If Rosie weren’t so urgent, so demanding for Sidney to come, then he wouldn’t be so worried.

Bridget always had been mysterious. Sidney should have known that something was going on by the way she was acting. It was almost like every moment was going to give something away in the past weeks she spent with him, so she had to be quiet and barely talk.

Though he couldn’t think about this anymore, because now he was in a rental car speeding down the highway to get to Twenty Four Hunter drive.

Turning his car into a small colonial house, he checked to make sure he had the address correct before stepping out into the cold Boston weather.

Ringing the doorbell, Sidney put his hands in his pockets. He had no clue what to expect. Hopefully, he would find that Bridget was perfectly fine, running on a treadmill while watching her favorite movies.

“Oh hey, Sidney Crosby?” Sidney was startled to look up and see a man at the door, though he knew that if anyone watched hockey they would probably know whom Sidney was. The man at the door was wearing jeans and a button down shirt; his blonde hair covered his blue eyes slightly, though Sidney could still see them. Sidney towered over Ryan, by three or four inches.

“Hi, I got a call from Rosie that Bridget was staying here, though I may have the wrong house,” Sidney apologetically explained, ready to turn around.

“No, no you have the right house. I’m Rosie’s fiancé my name is Ryan, come right on in,” Ryan introduced himself while allowing Sidney to enter his house.

“So where is Rosie and Bridget?” Sidney peered around, seeing that the house was cute and homely.

“Rosie is at work, and Bridget is in the guest room, she doesn’t know you’re here,” Ryan explained.

“Is she okay? Can I see her?” Sidney almost just left Ryan and went to go find the guest room, though that would be rude.

“Uhm, I guess you can go see her, but Sidney, she is sick. Bridget doesn’t look like herself right now, she doesn’t look like the girl you use to know, so don’t expect that,” Ryan warned while pointing to what he presumed was where Bridget was, sending chills down Sidney’s spine.

Without saying another word, Sidney knocked gently on the door while Ryan disappeared.

“Come in,” Sidney heard a voice, a very tired, but familiar voice.

Opening the door, Sidney was immediately consumed by humidifier air, the smell of medication, and the girl that he had always loved.

There was no denying that she in-fact did look different, perched in-between bundles of pillows, was an extremely thin woman with pale skin, and blue eyes that were scanning the TV in the corner which was playing a re-run of a Penguins game.

“Bridget?” Sidney questioned, awkwardly closing the door behind him.

“Sidney?” Bridget was confused, “How did you get here?”

“Your sister called me,” Sidney explained while walking into the room, sitting on the edge of Bridget’s bed as lightly as possible.

“You weren’t suppose to see me like this,” Bridget apologized.

“You look beautiful,” Sidney said without any hesitation.

“No, Sidney I’m dying.” Those words. Those four words had caused so much panic in Sidney that he almost had to start crying right there and then.

“Tell me everything, from the beginning,” Sidney demanded.

“I have lung cancer, eight months ago I was diagnosed. They told me that they could remove the tumor that was in my lungs, but I didn’t have the money. They told me that I had a year to live if I didn’t have it removed. Instead of sulking around, I decided that I was going to live my life. That didn’t go as well as planned though, because everyone that had found out about my condition had made me try and get the operation, despite my lack of money. I took up two jobs, barely able to pay my rent for the apartment. Then you show up, and I realize that I wanted to spend as much time with you as I can before I got like this,” Bridget explained, small tears escaping her eyes.
“Bridget…I can pay for this. I will pay for this. I need you in my life. Part of a relationship is that we both need to work together through thick and thin. I can’t let go of you. I never will be able too. Just except that, don’t fight it. My insurance will cover everything, and in a few months this will all be a nightmare and you and I will be sleeping in the same bed again, both healthy and happy. I love you, and I never stopped. My heart is honestly crumbling watching you so, so sick,” Sidney admitted, taking Bridget’s freezing cold hand, despite the blankets she was under.

“Why did you think I left you? You would want to pay for this, and I can’t let you do that. Sidney, it’s a lot of money. Even if you love me, you don’t want to pay for the surgery, trust me. I’m fine with it, and you will be too. You and Ariel are going to have an amazing future planned out in a few years. Just let me be,” Bridget protested.

“I want you to watch Ariel grow up. Brig, you and I and Ariel are a family. You do what you have to do for a family,” Sidney spoke.

“I missed you Sidney Crosby, did you know that?” Bridget smirked.

“I know baby, I missed you too,” Sidney smiled. Sidney found the best joy knowing that in a matter of weeks, Bridget was probably going to be back to herself.

Bridget was, well in short, ecstatic. Some say that prince charming doesn’t exist, but she was sure that he did exist. Prince charming was in her room as she spoke, being all gorgeous with his brown curly hair and chocolate eyes.

For the first time since she had left the apartment, Bridget was happy, and she had hope.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the short chapter, I felt it was a good place to stop it for the chapter.

READD: So I need two things, if I do a sequel, which I might, what do you want to see in it? I have a general idea but I want to know what you all want to see. Also, I have come up with an idea for another story, but I need to know, what hockey player would you like me to do? I don't really want to do another Sidney one because I already have this one!

So, do my poll?

Poll

As always, your comments are appreciated!
Canadiangirl
Flamesgirl1204
RosiePosie08
Cupcake1
kendra-rae
penschick8771