Status: Yay Finished! Go check out the sequel!

Finding Love

Nineteen.

“I love this song, turn it up!” Bridget sang along to a sing on the radio softly as Sidney grinned.

“You’re an amazing singer,” Sidney complimented while squeezing Bridget’s hand.

Bridget just giggled, knowing that she defiantly was not a good singer, though she could care less. Bridget was alive now, and she was recovering perfectly.

The surgery had gone okay with only a few complications, and after spending fourteen days in the hospital Bridget was finally able to go back to Pittsburgh by car, though she couldn’t fly for a while still.

“How are you feeling?” was a constant question she was asked now by Sidney, though it was kind of cute because he cared so much. Everything was going as she hoped that it would between them two and it was as though she never left.

“I honestly cannot wait to go see Ariel, I missed her so much,” Bridget smiled.

“She missed you while you were gone. You really have become a huge part in her life,” Sidney explained. Sidney didn’t even know what to say on the whole topic of Bridget living. It was as though a miracle had somehow happened.

Sidney now looked at Bridget differently. She would never be the same girl that he once knew. Bridget was strong, she could take care of herself, but in a way, she was the weakest girl Sidney had ever seen.

After she had woken up from surgery, Bridget was extremely fragile, and she would be for a few months. Sidney was going to have to be very careful with his angel, though that was okay.

“Sid, look, Pittsburgh. Home!” Bridget announced while looking out the window.

“I bet it feels good to finally see something familiar,” Sidney commented while easily navigating his way through traffic to get to the complex.

“You have no idea,” Bridget sighed from pure content of seeing her building come into view.

“Is Ariel inside?” Bridget asked.

“With my mom, and Max,” Sidney announced, surprising Bridget.

“Really? They all came just to see me?” Bridget asked, thrilled at the idea of seeing everyone.

“Of course, just wait until you see the cards that everyone sent and the gifts,” Sidney shook his head, remembering his Mom calling her saying how five boxes were coming in everyday for Bridget.

After Sidney helped Bridget out of the car, him keeping up with her slow pace as they walked towards the elevator, Bridget eager to see everyone.

“BRIDGET!” Ariel squealed as soon as the door opened. She was in Max’s arms, her hair pulled back into clips. The whole apartment looked the same as she remembered, and she was grateful for that.

Sitting on the couches was Tiny, Max Talbot, Ariel, and surprisingly Rosie and Ryan.

“Hi everyone!” Bridget waved, noticing the immense wrapped boxes in the corner of the room, the balloons, and the stack of cards on the table in the entryway. Were those all for her?

Bridget was hurled at by constant questions, jokes and laughs as the night went on. It really was intense, though she wouldn’t have had it any other way. It was the perfect way to come back, with everyone that she loved there.

The night did unfortunately come to an end too quickly, though Bridget was happy to be in bed next to Sidney.

“Tomorrow I have a game against the Sabres, are you feeling up to coming?” Sidney asked, holding her hand.

“Please. I’m dying to see you play again, it’s been too long,” Bridget was thrilled that tomorrow she was going to be at a stadium.

Little did she know that it was going to be a very surprising night.

♥♥♥♥

“Crosby sends a goal finishing the first half of the game with two seconds to go!” the announcer claimed as Bridget clapped and cheered. She was sitting next to everyone that she loved, watching her boyfriend play his heart out.

The ice rink was cold, though she didn’t care because just seeing Sidney’s face sent a warm glow all around her. She missed watching him play hockey, because that was the place where he truly gave it his all, 100% of the time.

“Now, we have a special request that we would like to make. Would Bridget Jennings please come down to the rink?” the announcer asked, while Bridget confusingly looked around at the audience.

She got up with hesitation, wondering what this could possibly ever be. The incision where she had surgery still hurt, so she took her time going down to the area, the eyes of everyone watching her was making her nervous, though she couldn’t help but be a little excited.

As Bridget stepped down into the slippery ice, she was met by Sidney, who was wearing his signature jersey and equipment, helping Bridget go towards the center of the ice without falling.

“Sidney, I don’t understand…” Bridget confusingly said.

Sidney chose to ignore her, because he was too preoccupied by taking his gloves off in order to pull out the velvet black box that was hidden.

Getting down on one knee, Sidney looked up at his princess, her eyes looking teary.

“Bridget, you made me realize that my life was nothing without you. You are the most amazing woman I have ever met, and I want to spend forever with you. So, Brig, will you marry me?”

The whole crowd held their breath, waiting for the answer.

“Of course I will!” Bridget immediately responded, her eyes watering as Sidney put a diamond ring on her ring finger.

The ring was beautiful, with one big diamond encased in dozens of smaller ones until opening out to a gold band.

The audience clapped as Sidney gently picked Bridget up off of her feet, where she laughed in delight.

Things were going to be okay, as long as Bridget had Sidney and Sidney had Bridget.

Together, they found love.
♠ ♠ ♠
dun dun da dun! The end! I hope you all liked it!!

I have my sequel posted so i want you all to go SUBSCRIBE!:D

KeepingHope

Your comments throughout the story were amazing and I can't wait for the same during the sequel if you read it:)
kathryncarlisle
RosiePosie08
kendra-rae
penschick8771
NMT82
Cupcake1
Flamesgirl1204
Canadiangirl

If you haven't already, go do my

Poll

Hopefully my sequel will be even more better than this?