Status: Yay Finished! Go check out the sequel!

Finding Love

Three.

“Come here baby!” Sidney smiled as Ariel ran her tiny legs as fast as she could into her father’s arms.

“I made a picture!” Ariel beamed.

“Really? Show Daddy,” Sidney encouraged. Just as he said it, Bridget walked in.

“Hi Sidney, Ariel did well today in school, she made you this,” Bridget handed Sidney a painting of a rainbow, with green clouds.

“Whoa, Ariel this is really good! Should we hang it up at home?” Sidney asked while Bridget smiled.

“Yeah!” Ariel clapped.

“She’s really adorable,” Bridget noted while gently touching Sidney’s arm.

“Yeah, she is,” Sidney agreed, “Your quite adorable too.”

“Smooth as ice aren’t we Crosby?” Bridget giggled while turning bright red.

“That’s right, but really, I’d love to take you out to dinner, how about tomorrow at 7?”

Bridget opened her mouth in surprise, “I-I uhm yeah.”

“Great, see you then,” Sidney replied coolly while inside he was about ready to jump.

“Bye Bridget!” Ariel waved her little hands rapidly while Bridget composed herself, waving back.

As they left, Ariel smiled at her Dad, “I like her.”

“I like her too kid,” Sidney laughed while ruffling her hair, “Ready for practice?”

“Yeah Daddy, as long as you get me ice cream afterwards,” Ariel bounced up and down as Sidney held her hand through the busy Pittsburgh street.

“Deal,” he smiled while they walked towards the stadium.

As soon as they entered the practice place, the whole team hugged and kissed Ariel as though they were her own daughters. She sat alone the side, watching proudly as her Daddy skated along.

“How’d it go?” Jordan casually asked.

“I have a date tomorrow,” Sidney winked.

“Good for you man!” Jordan high fived him, “Do you want me to watch the kid?”

“That’d be great, thanks,” Sidney was honestly happy he found someone to watch her; he wasn’t sure whom he was going to ask.

“No prob, love the munchkin,” Staal smiled and waved towards her direction, she grinned back earnestly.

“It’s so hard, raising a little girl while on an NHL team,” Sidney thought aloud.

“You do pretty well though,” Jordan patted Sidney on the back. It was true that ever since Ariel was brought into Sidney’s life, things had changed. He grew up and matured, and began to be the best father ever.

“Thanks Man, but sometimes I wish I could do better, she’s growing up too quickly,” Sidney shook his head.

“You still got plenty of time to watch her grow up, just remember that she needs to stay young for as long as she can,” Jordan preached.

“Good words Steel, now get back to practice,” Sidney commanded in a joking tone as they got back to work, Sidney’s thoughts on a future with Bridget.

After practice, Ariel and him were at an ice cream place right around the arena.

“What flavor babe?” Sidney asked his excited daughter. He was holding her up so that she could see all of the flavors.

“Pink one!” she pointed her finger at Strawberry.

“Good choice, one small strawberry ice cream please,” Sidney told the employee.

After Sidney carefully handed his daughter the ice cream and a spoon, he managed to catch a glimpse of someone in the same uniform the employees were in.

“Bridget?” he exclaimed, surprised as ever.

“Oh...hey,” Bridget smiled unhappily because she was embarrassed.

“You work here too?”

“Yeah, I actually have to get to work, but it was nice to see you and Ariel, I’ll see you tomorrow,” Bridget quickly waved off, running into the back of the store.

She was upset that she worked at a store like this, Sidney thought to himself in awe. She had two jobs, just to make ends meet.

“Come on Ariel, lets get home, its cold,” Sidney picked her up and they caught a cab, going to their luxury apartment.

Something that Bridget probably never will have.

Unless of course things go well. Sidney smiled at the thought of Bridget, Ariel and him living in the same apartment, sharing a kitchen, living together.

He grinned happily, enjoying the possibility.
♠ ♠ ♠
New layout!

I didn't get any comments on the last chapter, and I am very upset:( I might have to delete the story if I don't get comments!!

soo please, please please please please leave me a comment? It really makes me happy!!!

xoxo