Status: Yay Finished! Go check out the sequel!

Finding Love

Four.

Sidney looked in the mirror, straightening his buttoned shirt. He was keeping it simple, nice jeans, nice shoes, and a button down shirt.

They were only going to a local restaurant called American Grill, so he thought that he wanted to impress Bridget, but not to the point of being overly dressed up.

“Daddy, where are we going?” Ariel walked into her Fathers room, her brown eyes wide and curious.

“You’re going to Uncle Jordan’s house, okay?” Sidney was scared to leave Ariel alone, but she was getting bigger, she would be fine with Jordan.

“Are you coming?” she asked innocently.

“No, its going to be you and him for tonight, don’t worry though, your going to have a great time,” Sidney reassured his daughter, picking her up and twirling her around.

Their was a knock on the door just as he was picking her up and Sidney opened it to find Jordan waiting to take her to his apartment down the street.

“Hey munchkin, ready to go have a party without Dad?” Jordan laughed while he took Ariel from Sidney.

“Hi Jordy. I guess I have to go now Daddy, bye bye,” Ariel smiled at her father, hugging him.

“Bye baby girl, you two behave,” Sidney closed the door as the two left. After grabbing his coat and wallet, Sidney was out the door.

The address that Sidney had received from Bridget was slightly far away from his place, so he decided to take his Cadillac.

As Sidney was arriving on the street, he couldn’t help but notice the area. Small, shabby apartment buildings were lining the old streets. Old cars from a while ago were parked on the sidewalk, and occasionally a person would walk by wearing dirty clothes.

Sidney was concerned. Did Bridget really live here? Sidney couldn’t even imagine what happened at nighttime in this neighborhood.

Sidney parked his car along the side of the road next to the building Bridget lived in. He remembered to make sure all of the doors were locked before getting out.

The building she lived in was made of bricks and windows. Some of the windows were cracked, and some of the bricks were falling out.

It wasn’t a place for anyone to live.

Cautiously Sidney entered the small area where the mail slots and doorbells for the apartments were.

After Sidney located her apartment number, he rang the doorbell and immediately Bridget was bouncing down the stairs.

Sidney’s breath was taken away. Her hair was swept into beautiful curls, and her blue eyes were sparkling from her makeup.

“Hello,” Sidney smiled, pulling her in for a hug.

“Hey Sidney, how are you?” Bridget wrapped her thin arms around Sidney.

“Great, you look beautiful. Are you ready to go?” Sidney asked while he noticed Bridget was wearing a jacket, “Here, take my jacket before we go outside, it’s cold.”

Bridget looked at it for a moment before slipping her arms through it, the jacket much too big on her, “Thanks. Where are we going, by the way?” She laughed.

“Just a restaurant by the water. I hope that’s okay, we can go somewhere else if you would like,” Sidney answered while he opened the door for Bridget, making sure she was in before closing it and quickly getting in the other side. The darkness in the neighborhood was making him nervous, and he wanted to get out as soon as possible.

“It’s fine. Anything is fine, I’m really just happy to get out for a while,” Ariel smiled appreciatively.

“I’m glad you’re here with me. So, tell me, do you only work at the ice cream place and daycare?”
“Yeah,” Bridget spoke with a blush, something she did only when she was telling a lie, “I’m trying to find another job though, to you know, pay the rent and stuff.”

Sidney didn’t know she was lying though, and he nodded sympathetically, “Really? Well don’t beat yourself too hard, take a break or something. Two jobs is hard enough.”

“I have to do what I have to do Sidney. You play hockey and I work at places, though I think I found a job closer to my home and pays better than the daycare, I probably will end up working their instead of all the way downtown,” Bridget explained. Sidney wondered if this daycare was safe.

“Is the daycare nice?” he casually asked.

“It isn’t in my neighborhood, its in a nicer place. Don’t worry about me,” Bridget complained.

Sidney backed off, not wanting to upset her. They were just arriving at the restaurant, and it was truly a nice place.

Bridget smiled as soon as she saw it, and Sidney realized what a nice smile she has.

“Sidney, this is, well its wonderful, thank you so much for taking me here,” she grinned, overjoyed.

“Only the best for you,” The smooth hockey player chuckled while he took her soft hand, ushering her to walk near the restaurant door.

Before they got in though, a bunch of smokers were smoking, talking and enjoying themselves.

Sidney felt the tug of Bridget’s hand as she walked faster into the restaurant, coughing a storm when they got into it.

“Are you okay?” Sidney asked, concerned.
“I’m…fine,” she choked out a long, mucus cough, “Just fine.”

“You scared me their,” Sidney brushed off his feeling of worry, she was fine, he reminded himself, though he wasn’t so sure.

The waiter sat them at the table, and the conversation between Sidney and Bridget flowed.

They talked about everything, from favorite flowers to movies, friends, and school. Sidney loved hearing Bridget laugh because it was like chimes.

“That was really fun, I had an amazing time,” Bridget smiled as they left the American Grill, the chilly night creeping up onto them both. Bridget hugged herself in the jacket.

“What are you thinking about?” Sidney asked while she was looking up at the stars.

“Just you,” Bridget whispered.

Sidney had the urge then. Pulling Bridget into a hug, cupping his left hand into her face, he kissed her.

A long, passionate kiss filled with joy and love and powerfulness.

Sidney knew that this girl was a keeper.
♠ ♠ ♠
You guys made me really happy because I have four stars:) FOUR!

Thanks so much for your amazing comments:
Catharine.
SarrSarr
babygurl1944
Flamesgirl1204
elizabeth87
penguins87

BTW: i know that the part where Bridget coughed seemed weird and out of place but trust me- it isn't :) just a little hint for you guys!