Status: Yay Finished! Go check out the sequel!

Finding Love

Five.

“Hey Ariel!” Bridget laughed as Ariel hugged Bridget’s willowy legs. Bridget had been coming over daily for the past five weeks, after work at her new job and the ice cream place, visiting Sidney and Ariel, Sidney loved it, and he loved getting to know Bridget.

Two weeks ago, they had become official. They were girlfriend and boyfriend,

He still wondered if she was okay at night, if her apartment was clean or if it was filled with cockroaches. Of course, Sidney was raised well and knew never to ask someone that.

Even if the person was potentially someone he loved.

“Brig, ready to go?” Sidney asked his girlfriend. They were going to the Penguins game; Bridget was going to watch Ariel while they both watched Sidney play.

“Yup, are you ready Ariel?” Bridget smiled while ticking Ariel in her Penguins jersey and Ugg boots. Ariel looked adorable, and so did Bridget.

“Great, come on baby,” Sidney smiled as he took Ariel. Sidney was at first scared that Ariel wasn’t going to like Bridget being in their lives, but Ariel was more than happy.

“I’ll see you guys after the game, kay?” Sidney kissed both of the girls while he went down to the locker room, getting ready to play.

“Ariel, are you my new Mommy?” Ariel asked Bridget while Bridget was slowly chewing French fries.

“No, I’m not your new Mommy,” Bridget said with a frown on her face, unsure of how to tackle the situation.

“Well, can you be?” Ariel asked.

“Maybe someday sweetie,” Bridget hugged Ariel closer together, wishing that it wouldn’t end, even though she knew that soon, it was going to end.

She had really been enjoying spending time with the Crosby’s, and this was the way she wanted it to be, spending her time with people she loved.

The only thing that was holding her back was the truth. If she could make it, then she would tell him the truth. He was going to find out at some point, but now Bridget just wanted to not bring any worries to that beautiful boy.

The game was something to watch, and Bridget was focused on the Caption. The way his body moved, swiftly even though he was quite big. Bridget wasn’t one to be into sports, but when the Penguins played, it was more than a game it was an experience.

The Penguins won against the New Jersey Devils, 9-6. It was a fun, intense game, and by the end of it, everyone was tired.

“Hey my two pretty girls,” Sidney smiled as he met the two in the car.

“Hi Daddy,” Ariel waved at her father, strapped into the back seat of his car. Ariel looked a little pale to Sidney.

“I know! Daddy played for you tonight,” Sidney cooed, pulling out of the busy area.

“That was a great game hun,” Bridget congratulated her boyfriend, ruffling his dark hair.

“Glad you came, are you staying over tonight?” he asked.

“I guess, I don’t really feel like you should drive all the way to my place this late,” Bridget blushed, she was more afraid that he would find out about the gang that sometimes hung around at night.

“Good idea. Ariel, you can watch one episode of I-Carly and then you have to go to bed,” Sidney told his daughter, who frowned for a moment.

“Fine, but you have to watch it with me,” Ariel sweetly said.

Sidney and Bridget chuckled, glad that at least they were going to be able to go home for the night.

“Daddy, I don’t feel good,” Ariel announced as they were almost home.

“What’s wrong?” Sidney asked, alerted from the quiet ride.

“I don’t know, I just feel sick,” Ariel whispered while shaking a little.

“Its okay baby, we’ll get some soup and take your temperature in a few minutes,” Sidney sympathized while sending a paranoid look to Bridget.

“When did you start feeling sick?” Bridget asked.

“A while ago,” Ariel replied.

“Okay, well we are home now, lets get you inside and out of the cold,” Sidney got out of the car and quickly went to un-strap the sick little girl, feeling her forehead. It was extremely hot.

“Oh my god, Ariel your burning up!” Sidney worried.

“Let me feel,” Bridget felt Ariel’s forehead, shaking her head, “We have to go and take her temperature, now.”

They ran inside quickly, and Sidney fished around for the new thermometer he bought a few months ago.

“Okay baby, open up for one minute,” Sidney was trying to get the thermometer into the squirming child who was in Bridget’s arms.

“Okay, lets see what we have,” Bridget smiled, not showing her nerves as Sidney took the thing out.

“Oh my god… Bridget…” Sidney whispered nervously, seeing a very large number on the screen.

“104.5? I think maybe we should take her to the hospital?” Bridget said worriedly, not sure what to do.

“Defiantly, come on cutie, lets go make you better,” Sidney took Ariel and grabbed his keys, rushing out the front door.

“Where are we going?” Ariel asked drowsily.

“To the doctors so they can make you feel good again,” Bridget smiled kindly as she strapped her boyfriend’s daughter into the car again.

“Can I go to sleep?” Ariel yawned widely.

“Just wait a little while, can you do that for me?” Sidney asked, not wanting her to fall asleep, incase she never woke up. He was driving down the streets fast, trying to get to his destination as quickly as possible.

“I guess so,” Ariel yawned again, scratching her eyes.

The ride usually took fifteen minutes to the hospital from Sidney’s house, though somehow he made it in just eight.

They rushed into the ER, Ariel trying to stay awake in her scared Fathers arms.

“How can we help you tonight?” the nurse who was middle age asked, seeing the alerted family.

“My daughter Ariel…she has a really high fever, we didn’t know what to do…so we just took her here,” Sidney rushed out.

“Sir, calm down. Let’s get her into a room and have a doctor look at her okay?” the nurse kindly replied, ushering the worried couple and the sick child into a small room with bright lights.

“Sit on the bed sweetie,” the nurse smiled as Ariel managed to sit up, exhausted and feeling very ill.

“Doctor Montgomery, we have a toddler with a high fever, immediate care please,” the nurse paged the doctor.

Sidney and Bridget were pacing around Ariel, making sure she was alive. Ariel lied down on the bed though, alerting them both, “Are you okay?” Bridget immediately asked.

“Going night night,” Ariel whispered while she closed her eyes, falling asleep.

“Hello,” a tall man with fading black hair a kind smile entered the room, “I’m Dr. Montgomery, I hear we have a little fever to take care of?”

“My daughter has a high fever, she told me that she wasn’t feeling well about thirty five minutes ago,” Sidney claimed.

“Okay well it seems like she is getting down with a very bad cold, hearing her lungs she sounds a little congested, but guys, your young. Its okay that she has a fever, babies’ get fevers. It was good that you came to the hospital, but she’s going to be fine,” the Dr explained while the two worry warts exhaled in relief.

“Oh thank god,” Bridget smiled. Sidney responded by kissing Bridget fiercely, so happy that she was here with him.

“So what should we do with her?” Sidney asked, brushing the sleeping girls hair back from her face.

“I’ll give you some medicine, keep her hydrated and warm, make sure that she gets plenty of rest, and call me if you have any more questions,” he instructed while writing an antibiotic.

“Thank you…so so much,” Bridget gushed as Sidney picked up Ariel careful not to wake her up.

“Anytime, tell Ariel I hope she feels better,” Dr. Montgomery waved them goodbye.

“Hey baby,” Sidney walked into his bedroom, while Bridget was brushing her damp hair.

“Hey,” Bridget put her book down, relived to be hugging her boyfriend. They had just put Ariel in her bed and they were both exhausted.

“God, that was so fucking scary,” Sidney ran his hands through her soft curly hair, holding her tight.

“I’m so glad she’s going to be okay,” Bridget relieved.

“It made me realize something Bridget, I think I love you, I think that by us loving each other so much, we got through this together,” Sidney announced, shocking Bridget.

“I…I love you too,” Bridget grinned back, kissing Sidney fully on the lips before they both got into bed, calling it a night.

If only Sidney knew how much Bridget wished love could be a cure.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my god, you guys make me so happy:) SIX STARS? wow your all great for getting me this:)

Thanks so much for commenting:
elizabeth87
penguins87
beauty surrounds me
TOEWS . CROSBY

I love comments, and they make me update faster so comment, comment, comment!!! xo