Status: Yay Finished! Go check out the sequel!

Finding Love

Seven.

“Bridget? Dress warmly, I have a surprise.” Sidney smiled while knocking on the hotel room they were staying in.

“Okay! Be out in a second!” Bridget called. She was wondering what was going on, because after she had her melt down things were awkward. She didn’t really know what to say to him now that he knew her secret.

Several minutes later, after she was wearing her leather jacket that Sidney had bought her, a cute set of a scarf, hat and gloves in a deep blue color and jeans with uggs, she was ready to go.

“You look stunning,” Sidney complimented, making Bridget darken a shade or two.

Sidney himself looked rather hot, in a leather jacket and jeans his outfit was very casual yet sexy, “Thanks, you too honey,” Bridget smiled.

As they left the Hilton Hotel they were staying in, Sidney called over the horse drawn carriage he had rented for them.

“No way,” Bridget whispered, smiling expectantly up at Sidney.

“Way,” he smiled back, grabbing her small hand and running up to the carriage.

The horse was a large dusty brown, and Bridget smiled at the animal, petting it with a kind gentle hand.

“He likes you,” Sidney smiled as he got in, the buggy driver waving at them both.

“I’ve never pet a horse before,” Bridget giggled. The plush velvet seats they were sitting on radiated warmth, and she gladly sank into them.

“Really? Now you have,” Sidney smiled as they started riding through the city.

It really was something else to see. Coming from Pittsburgh into New York was a big change even if they were just visiting.

The buildings were bigger, the people were fashionable, the areas they were in were really nice, and everything was just- wonderful.

Bridget was finally happy.

“Where are we going?” Bridget wondered as they kept passing more and more blocks, the horses steady thumps on the hard road making a pattern.

The traffic wasn’t so bad, and it was turning dark- so Bridget couldn’t even imagine where they would be going that she required staying warm.

Finally though, as the horse drawn carriage came to a stop, she knew exactly where she was.

Rockefeller ice-skating center, the place she dreamed of going to as a little kid.

“You’re taking me ice-skating?” she smiled widely.

“Yup, if I do it everyday, you should learn how,” Sidney grinned as he helped Bridget out.

After showing two tickets to the man working in the front, they both slipped on rentable skates on the bench by the outdoor skating area.

Sidney could tell that a few people recognized them, though he was trying to ignore it. Three weeks before Christmas, and things were bound to be busy

“I really, really do not know what the heck I am doing,” Bridget warned as she stood up shakily.

Sidney laughed while he grabbed onto Bridget, reeling her towards the rink, where about twenty people were skating flawlessly.

“Oh my god Sidney, I swear this is so much harder than you make it seem,” Bridget chirped while stumbling on the smooth ice.

“I got you,” Sidney rushed over and grabbed hold of both or Bridget’s gloved hands, him skating backwards while bringing Bridget along with him.

“I’m skating! I’m doing it!” Bridget smiled as they glided on ice, not realizing that almost the whole rink was looking at their romance.

“You should join the team,” Sidney joked.

Bridget laughed, “Does Ariel ice skate too?”

“Obviously, she is a Crosby,” Sidney scoffed, making Bridget roll her eyes.

For ten more minutes Bridget gladly hung onto Sidney as they skated.

“Sid, do you ever miss Ariel?” Bridget asked, wondering.

“All the time, I’m wondering what she’s doing right now, knowing that she’s probably missing me,” Sidney nodded.

“I’m sure she’s fine, she’s in good hands,” Bridget insisted.

“Yeah, you know, I’ve never told you about Ariel’s mom,” Sidney began, knowing he had to tell her at some point.

“You never mentioned it before, so I thought I should wait until you wanted to tell me,” Bridget sighed.

“Well, we were young. Her name was Rebecca, and she was wild. She had no restrictions and one night I got drunk, she got drunk, it happened. She stuck with me through the pregnancy but as soon as she gave birth, she was out the door. I wouldn’t have had it any other way though, Rebecca was not a mothering type,” Sidney was off into another time, staring in the star encrusted sky.

“I’m nothing like Rebecca, and you know that. I don’t like crazy things and getting drunk, I actually don’t drink. I never knew you would date someone like a wild girl when I’m so not wild,” Bridget made a strange face, seeing how strange his two relationships were.

“After Ariel was born, I grew up. I got mature and realized that I too, need someone mature. Just like you,” Crosby sighed, relieved to let it out to Bridget.

Bridget nodded and hung close to Sidney as they skated on the ice, holding in the moment of looking into each other’s eyes.

They forgot about how Ariel was back home, about how Bridget’s dad was a druggie, about how Sidney had a past, and just focused on how much they loved each other.
♠ ♠ ♠
HIiii:) Sorry for the lack of updates, it's just that I randomly have tendonitis in my wrist so it kinda hurts to type but whatever I'm sucking it up because I want to write lol.

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments:)
SarrSarr
penguins87
RosiePosie08
SabresLover28

Comment, comment, comment, comment! And subscribe:) xo