Sequel: Beautiful Hearts
Status: Anyone who wants to help me write this can, just tell me. Via: Comments, inbox, and/or profile. Comments are loved! =D Please?

Beautiful World

The Fire

I was lying in my bed, half-asleep, when I first smelt the smoke. I quickly sat upright, causing my straight, brown hair to fly whip my face, my green eyes were tired. I dragged myself out of bed and hurried to my bedroom door, I opened it quickly. I fell back and screamed as thick smoke blew into the room, I lie on the floor and pulled myself forwards, trying, but failing, to keep calm. This was probably bad. Luckily I lived in a one story building, so I would just have to make it to the front door. I crawlled around the corner, and gasped when I saw the flickering flames block my escape route.

I heard the whirr of the fire engine, I saw water spray into the fire, then I saw- nothing...

"Jess? Jess! Are you okay?" the worried voice of none other than my best friend and next door neighbour Jamie asked. I opened my eyes, I saw the green of her eyes, and her blonde hair, I smiled, lucky that she was there when no one else would bother.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I replied honestly. I looked around, the walls were white, the floor was made of grey carpet, and the place smelt gross- I was in hospital, "What happens now? Will I move back to my house?"

"Oh, umm, Jess? Your- your house. It- it umm, burnt down. You don't have, quite enough money too-" I cut her off with a groan. She was right, I had no money, not enough to buy a house in this town anyway, "Well, there is good news, do you remember my cousin? Claire? She selling her farm for a very cheap price, you have enough money to buy it,"

Phew, I had loved that farm when Jamie and I had visited. It was in a tiny town, called Mineral Town, so much different to the city. I didn't know anyone who lived in Mineral Town though, but that was okay, I could always make more friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
Shall I continue this?