Sequel: Beautiful Hearts
Status: Anyone who wants to help me write this can, just tell me. Via: Comments, inbox, and/or profile. Comments are loved! =D Please?

Beautiful World

It's Just The Pain Of Being In Love

Later that day, me and Darren were sitting on the couch.
"Was I too protective?" He asked.

"Darren, I've told you a million times. You are not being too protective. I would have done exactly what you did."

"And you don't like Rick?"

"No. You worry too much." I said, pulling him into a tight embrace. "I love you."

"I love you too." He said, his arm wrapped around me tightly. "And don't worry, you're not the rebound girl." Tears were in his eyes again.

"Thank you Darren." I whispered. though I would never admit it, I was worried about being the rebound girl. But then again he did seem too involved to have me be a rebound.

"Darren?" I whispered again. "I. . . .I . . .. never mind."

"Tell me."

"Well, you umm. . . ."

"Jess, let's go get Ice Cream." Darren said. Damn him for knowing how to make me talk.

"Alright" I said, letting go. Darren didn't. He was smiling.

"Only if you tell me."

"Well. . . . ."

"Jess, I promise I won't tell anyone. I'm the best secret keeper in this whole town."

"Well. . .okay." Deep breaths Jess, Deep breaths. "Maybe is slutty of me but I was wondering if me could take our relationship to the next level." I let it all out in one breath.

"Alright. A few things. A) That's not slutty, it's human nature. B) That is so sweet. C) I will be back in twenty minutes. Don't you dare move a muscle." He said before running out.

"Love you!" I called out.

"I SAID DON'T MOVE A MUSCLE!"

I just grinned. About ten minutes later, the doorbell rang.
"Come in!"

The door opened.

"Hello. Have you seen Darren?" It was Kai.

"He ran out about 10 minutes ago, telling me not to move."

"Someone saw him biking to Oldale."

"What!?!?!"

"He'll be fine, he's done this a million times before. And as a boy I know what he's going to do. You have fun." He said before leaving. What?

I got up, I needed to make some lunch. I walked over to he stove and started boiling some water. Pasta would be fine. I grabbed a box of Linguine and dumped them into the water, just before a white orb hit me, exploding cold water on my face. "DAMN YOU RICK!" I called out, impersonating Darren. That's who he was probably after, because about 3 more came in. My door opened up and there stood rick. He blushed as soon as he saw me covered in water. "I...I..."

I walked up to him. "You motherfucking son of a bitch." I said before knocking some of his teeth out, then shoving him out the door. "You better damn well leave Darren alone or you'll have to answer to me!"

"And me!" I heard Popuri and Kai say in unison.

I looked out the window to see them walking up the dirt driveway.
"You have no right to just pull shit like that on Darren!" Popuri spat at him.
"And you just probably hurt Jess!" added Kai.

Wow. It must take some resolve because Popuri was about 3 months pregnant, as the doctor told them when Kai took her to Oldale.

"I'm back!" I heard Darren. He pulled up on his bike with his black messenger bag. I heard something rattle. Just then, a slap. Popuri fall down, bleeding.

I heard another smack, and then Rick crying. Glad he was gone.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One they were all inside, and I had bandaged Popuri (Her arm was broken, along with a severely bloody nose. Apparently Kai was the one who broke Rick's nose, after Popuri fell.

"Thanks a million, Jess." Popuri said thanking me, before she and Kai went home.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later that day, Darren was lying on the couch. We went over to his place and he had made lunch; during the events of this afternoon, everything in my kitchen was ruined. I planned to ask if I could spend the night. But first I wanted to no why he had went to Oldale, for as soon as we got to his house, he ran to the bathroom and put something in the medicine cabinet.
His bag, now empty was sitting on the dinner table. I plopped down next to Darren, and draped my arm around him.

"What were we talking about?" He asked.

"I had just confessed that I wanted to take our relationship to the next level."

He turned his body towards me and wrapped his arms around me. What a flirt. "Oh right and then I did exactly what Kai said and went out to buy. . .never mind"

"Tell me."

"No!"

"I'll make you cheesecake."

"I will resist the temptation."

"I'll straighten your hair every day for the next six months."

"I don't usually straighten it."

"Damn you for having such straight hair!"
He stuck his tongue out at me, and I couldn't take it any longer. I grabbed his face and pulled it towards mine, my hands clenching into his hair.

"Go get a room."

It was Kaiya. I felt Darren's body tense up. I let go of Darren, and he sat up.

"It's my house. Go home."

I decided to stay out of this one.

"I will if you stop talking to Cutie there."

"Fuck you."

"I don't believe in incest"

Darren just flipped him off.

"You leave Darren alone!"

"Come with me then sugar." Kaiya said, venomously.

"Man whore." I spat. Now Darren was the one being left out.

"Sugar, just leave Darren. You're just a rebound."

"I have a confession to make." Came Darren. Me and Kaiya were silent.

"Jess, you can't be a rebound. Because I stopped dating Karen about 3 months after we started. She had a cheated on me more times then I care to remember. With you Kaiya, with you." Kaiya blushed. Darren continued. "I never told anyone because I was never really into her, and not that outwardly affectionate, so nobody had guessed that we broke up. When Me and Kai saw you and Karin, well, everyone assumed that I broke up with her." Darren finished. A huge grin came across my face. Gah, I love him.

Kaiya just looked shocked.

"Now get out. I don't want to see you in here again." Darren said.

Kaiya ran out. It would take him a long time to recover.
♠ ♠ ♠
I CALL NEXT CHAPTER!