Sequel: Beautiful Hearts
Status: Anyone who wants to help me write this can, just tell me. Via: Comments, inbox, and/or profile. Comments are loved! =D Please?

Beautiful World

The Kitten And The Muscle

I woke up to a cat's Meow. I sat up in my make-shift bed. I wiped the sleep from my eye, then I got up. I opened my window and peered out. A small kitten sat there, alone. I quickly walked out and picked it up. I held it against my chest, unaware of what I was meant to do with it. It purred as it cuddled up to me.

I couldn't take care of it, I didn't have the time. I had recently started to help Jess and Darren out at the farm. I did the field work, Darren took care of the animals, and Jess gathered wild seeds and fruits out in the wild. But now, Jess worked with Ann as a waitress, Darren worked part-time as a carpenter with me, well, I worked full-time again. I had to admit, I felt a stab of pain whenever I saw her and Darren together, they looked so happy. Some girls usually tried to impress me, I didn't care about them. They would forget me as soon as Kaiya walked by. Besides, they weren't my type, Jess was. Sweet, innocent, helpful, beautiful. I shook my head, Jess was with Darren, there was no changing that.

I gently put the kitten onto the table. I got changed into some jeans, but I couldn't find my grey shirt. I searched for it, walking around shirtless didn't bother me, there were no stupid drooling girls around the woods. There was a knock at the front door. I picked up the cat and walked over to it. I opened it up and Jess stood there. She blushed when she noticed I wasn't wearing a shirt, "Umm, hi," I greeted nervously. I was NEVER nervous. I rarely showed any emotions at all. Because whenever I did, I got my heart broken.

"Hey," Jess blushed.

"How are you?" I asked politely.

"I'm great, thanks for asking," she sure was cheerful this morning. She hated being reminded about the incident that had happened awhile ago. I admired her ability to forget.

"So, what brings to here?"

"Oh, umm, you seemed, a little lonelier than normal, I was wondering what's wrong?"

"Oh, nothing," I looked away slightly.

"You know you can tell me anything, right?"

"I know,"

"So, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, Jessica,"

"So something IS wrong!"

"Huh?"

"You only called me Jessica when something's wrong," how did she know me so well?

"It's nothing much, really,"

"Oh, sure WillWill," she giggled. Did she just call me 'WillWill'?

"Oh, and I've got you a present," I gently passed the kitten along to her. The kitten began to purr like crazy.

"Oh my! Thank you WillWill! It's the best present anyone's ever gotten me! Ever!" she bounced up and down in excitement.

"What will you name it?"

"Loco," she smiled. She had a beautiful smile. Then she kissed my cheek.

It was a friendly kiss, I'd seen her give it to Popuri and Kai before. It definately wasn't a I'm-going-to-kiss-you-because-I-want-to-cheat-on-my-boyfriend kiss. I was glad, in a way. Darren and I were friends, he had been my best friend forever. I only hung around Kaiya to keep an eye on him. But I didn't pay attention for awhile, and it resulted in Jess losing her home, and her and Darren getting shot. It was all my fault, all of it. Tears streamed down my face and I looked away.

"WillWill! Are you okay?!" Jess began to panic.

"It's my fault, I'm sorry Jess!" I cried, I felt like I had ripped out my own heart in guilt.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awwww, poor WillWill. ='(