Status: Ongoing

So Far Away

Just Sick

It was amazing how humans worked...or maybe atleast how we wanted them to work. I immediately got the vibe from Zack that he wanted space, so I pulled off the cap and scooted off of the couch, standing up. Zack looked like shit, I felt like shit...it was a damn party. Sighing, I tossed the cap onto the spot beside him, and made up some excuse to leave the back of the bus and up toward the lounge area.

Man, I loved the slight rocking of the bus as we travel.. It's near soothing, with the exception of the fucking potholes that littered the road construction that stretched about two miles both ways.

Twice I had fallen over, and both times Jimmy thought it was the funniest thing he had ever seen in his entire life..and did nothing but laugh... Yeah, you know that laugh I'm talking about. It wasn't until after he threatend to pee right then and there that he checked to make sure I didn't "break my ass."

Even if I did think my ass was broken, I never said because the contagious laughter coming from Jimmy, the snorts from Johnny, Matt and the Berry's just made me burst out laughing.
Times like this is when I rarely miss going home. Because the way I see it, this huge bus and these guys are my home away from Huntington.

Johnny's. That place.... man, I remember more times than I can count, where we've all met up there and jammed, talked and cried about everything and nothing. Being drunk was just part of the routine.. to loosen up... Heh, that was an understatement. Someone always ended up passing out on the couch.

Standing back up, making sure I have a good grasp on the couch arm this time, I look out side at the speeding street signs... the dull glow above the mountains, meaning it's nearly morning. Looking at the clock hanging on the wall confirms this. Five in the morning..

We had just played Roanoke only nine hours ago and now we're playing Charlotte, North Carolina in sixteen hours....

I'm exhausted... Everyone is over tired... and the shit part of it is..? No one can sleep. That is what touring does. I love it.... and I hate it.

Matt gets sick more than half the time. Hell.. Zacky played a year with bronchitis. It wears us down physically.
And yet again, we wish we could never say no or cancel a show because of it.

Like right now, for example. There's that familiar tickle in the back of my throat and a dull thump against my eyes...
We had a motto on tour; "Take some tylenol and drink water."

Unless someone can't speak, have a fever higher than 99.5, and/or is bleeding, canceled shows rarely happen.

I wander over to the couch and lean back into it, shutting my feverish eyes. They burned, badly. Inhaling deep, I opened them to see that Jimmy was just staring at me. I knew better than to ask him what he was doing.

This was him making sure I was okay.

He smiled and nodded to me and then got distracted by Dan, who was showing him some video or something on his phone.
I gave a lazy smile back as I watched him closely, before standing up. I huffed out a sigh, and padded over to the bunk area. I had to try to sleep.
I crawled into my bunk, and curled up slightly, pulling the curtain closed. It was time to close my eyes, and repeat my life all over again.