Status: Active!

Long Time No See

Chapter Thirteen

Two years.

They had been together for two years.

Leslie smiled as she placed some more carefully folded clothes in her suitcase, sitting back against the bed and glancing over at the clock. It was 12:34. Jonathan would be home soon, and they would be leaving in a few hours to head back to Winnipeg for a few days.

Leslie's eyes fell on a picture frame placed beside the clock. It was one that Patrick Kane had taken at a party Patrick Sharp had thrown for hers and Jonathan's one year anniversary. Leslie had insisted that the party wasn't needed, but all the guys loved an excuse to party.

Jon's arms were wrapped around Leslie's waist and her head was tilted up to face him, and she was laughing. Jonathan was smiling, and looked like he was about to kiss her. It was one of Leslie's favorite pictures; it showed both of their real smiles.

Kane and Leslie had actually become friends since he stopped hitting on her. He had told her that Jonathan was never serious about any girls before, and that he really didn't want to take her from him, he just figured she was someone who would be gone soon. Leslie was offended at first, but then he grinned his signature smile at her and quipped, "I'm glad you're not gone though."

Leslie shook her head at the memory and her gaze drifted back to her suitcase. She smiled and picked up the photo album she had laid on top, opening it. It was a photo album of her favorite photos from her time in Chicago, and she was bringing it home to show her parents and friends. She could honestly say that she was incredibly glad to have moved here. She had made some great new friends, had a great job, and was still completely head over heels for a the Captain of the Blackhawks.

Leslie smiled as her eyes landed on the first photo. It was another one of her and Jon sitting on Niklas Hjmarlsson's couch during a team get-together. Jonathan's arm was around her shoulders and he had a goofy grin on his face, while she was hiding her head in his shoulder after Patrick Sharp had said something to the two of them. She couldn't remember exactly what Sharpie had said, but she knew it had been embarassing. Apparently Jonathan had found it funny, though.

She continued to flip through the first few pages, which were all of her and Jon - she had lots of pictures of the two of them. She finally reached a page where she had started putting 'friends' photos.

There was one of her and both Patrick's. They were both hugging her from either side, and she was hiding her face in the middle of the hug. The two boys were laughing at her obvious discomfort. Leslie smirked. She was pretty sure it was Jonathan who had taken the photo. Some boyfriend he was, watching his damsel go through distress.

There was another photo of her and Troy Brouwer, who she thought was extremely handsome. Kane thought it was funny, and so he told Troy that Leslie had a crush on him. Of course Troy had to get it on the torturing of Jonny Toews' girlfriend, and so that night when a few guys came to our apartment, he pulled me down onto his lap so that Kane could snap a photo. Jonathan, again, found it amusing to watch. "We all know Brouwer's good-looking," Sharpie had said. "No need to be ashamed."

Of course, Patrick Sharp insisted on the jokes - Leslie knew the stories of Adam Burish's days on the Blackhawks, so she guessed he was manning it alone now - and so he made a sign that said "Seabs is sexy" and pretended to hug Leslie, slapping the paper on her back. She wasn't that gullible, so she grabbed the paper off her back, holding it up to read it. Patrick pretended to read the sign for the first time and snatched it back, reading it out loud. "Hey guys, Mrs. Toews thinks Seabs is sexy!" Of course Leslie knew Brent was good looking, and so when he looked up with a grin, her cheeks went bright red. Patrick took a picture of Brent holding up the sign with a grin on his face and a thumbs up. The sign now read, "Leslie thinks Seabs is sexy".

She knew it was all in good fun, though. And she loved the guys. Leslie was afraid at first that Jonathan would get jealous, but he seemed to lighten up after the Kane incident, realizing that she loved him and no one else.

There were lots of other photos that made Leslie smile as she flipped through the book; ones of her and the girls, whom she had become really close to, especially Sharpie's wife, Abby; one of her and Sidney Crosby when he had been in town for a game and Jonathan had texted him saying his girlfriend would die if she could meet him; ones with Kopecky, Duncan Keith, and the rest of the guys, along with more of her and Jonathan.

She couldn't stop the smile from spreading across her face as she relived all the memories. The team and their significant others were her family, and Chicago was beginning to feel like her home. Her second home, of course. Winnipeg would always be first.

"Drooling over Brouwer again there, babe?"

Leslie looked up and laughed, standing up to give her boyfriend a hug. "I only drool over you, Jonny." She made her way back over to the suitcase and he took off his jacket before sitting on the bed behind her, leaning over her shoulder and looking at the photo album.

"That's a good picture." He pointed to one near the end of the album of her and him sitting together at a dinner table, both looking at the camera and smiling.

Leslie leaned against his legs and rolled her head back onto his knee so that she was looking at him.

"I'm glad I came with you," she said quietly. Jon's lips curved up into a smile and he leaned down to place a kiss on her lips before joining her on the floor. He wrapped his arm around her.

"Me, too. But I'm ready to go home," he laughed.

Leslie nodded in agreement, leaning against his shoulder. "I'm done packing now, boyfriend. Your turn."
♠ ♠ ♠
:)

6 comments? <3

btw, I'm sorry if my writing isn't good or doesn't always follow completely through. My specialties are one-shots, but I like stories too. I'm trying!

Speaking of one shots, I wrote this for a contest and I love it! Check it out?