Let's Bend the Rules.

Escaping

Zaria

I hear the bus door bang shut, I groan and move to the window. Looking out I see Rhydan, Danny, Harry and Tom all walking out of the carpark. I roll my eyes and sit down - as far as possible - from him.

My arms are tightly pulled across my chest and I tap my foot randomly, while staring out the window. The wind is blowing fiercely outside, the leaves on the trees swaying dangerously, as if any minute they’ll detach themselves from the branch and flutter to the ground. Being all alone.

Dougie’s breathing seems louder than physically possible for any human to breathe. It’s starting to piss me off. Why can’t a person just breathe normally? Is it that hard to turn down the noise a little, or is he trying to piss me off?

I try to distract myself by following the buzzing fly, banging right into the window, edging back then hitting into it again. I take it the fly hasn’t got a brain. After the fifth time the fly gives up and starts flying around in circles. I watch, amused. That is until the stupid fly betrays me and flies over to Dougie. Probably being attracted to his stupid charm - just as I was.

Stupid fly.

My phone buzzes in my pocket, causing my to jump. I take it out and flip it open.
“Hello?” I say, my voice cracking from the length of time not talking.

“Zaria?”

“Dad?” I ask.

“Yes. How is everything? I heard about the bus. I’m not happy about that.” He tells me. His voice sounds distant, but then he is calling from France.

“Oh. Uhm. Yeah” I mutter.

“What are the arrangements? There are only five beds?” He asks me.

“Don’t worry dad. I’m not sharing one with… Dougie” My voice wavers on the last word. I feel Dougie’s eyes boring at me. I turn my back on him purposely and stare out the window to see a couple of drops falling from the sky. It’s starting to rain.

“Zaria, I told you’re mother about what I said. She thinks I’ve been too cruel, so I just wanted to make sure you’ve been okay” He tells me.

“Since when have you ever cared?” I mutter into the phone.

“I’m sorry… what? Speak louder Zaria”

“Nothing. I’m fine” I tell him.

“Okay, I’ll check up on you girls later. ‘Night” I roll my eyes and hang up the phone with a snap and throwing it on the floor with a thump. The back falls out off the phone and then the battery falls out. I groan and fall to the floor, snatching up my phone and the battery.
Fitting it back in place I look up to see the back of the phone gone from the floor. I look around and spot Dougie sitting a yard away from me; holding it out to me.

I snatch it from his hand and fit it back in place, then turn my phone back on.

“Are you really fine?” He whispers so quietly, I wouldn’t have heard him if I was in any other way preoccupied. I look up, the phone in my hands forgotten. Taking a deep breath I close my eyes, a tear rolling down my cheek.

Mentally cursing myself I reach my hand up, only to find Dougie’s hand on my face, already wiping it away. I open my eyes and shudder slightly at his touch. He’s closer to me. His hand still on my face, his thumb caressing my cheek.

I turn my head violently away from his hand. Dragging my eyes from his.
“Zaria…?” He whispers, by the tone of his voice my stomach twists. His hand drops to the floor, with a thump.

I look towards him. I hurt him.
“No” I whisper quietly, his eyes a cerulean blue. “I’m not fine…” I trail off.

“This has been a long day” He whispers, bringing his hand back to my face.
I think back.
Yes, it has been a too long day. Dougie and I fought, we made up, my dad caught us in my bunk about to sleep with each other, we broke up and now… we’re forced into one room to make it up.
I wonder has this much drama ever happened to one person period?
Without the fact that it has all happened to me in one night.

“What do we do?” I whisper to him. He looks away from me and I place my hand over his, which is placed on my cheek. He takes my other hand with his and kisses it softly.

“Maybe we could… well I mean…” he trails off, then something hits me.

“We could do it anyway?” I ask him. He nods with a small smile. “But… well… I mean…” I stutter.

“Yeah” he sighs,

“But Rhydan and Danny manage it” I urge quickly.

“Maybe we should cool it down a bit” He suggests. I look away from him, pulling my hands away from him also.

“You don’t want to go out with me?” I ask him reluctantly.

“It’s not that Zar… it’s just… maybe first we should figure out if we can go without each other first” He tells me. My jaw drops slightly,

“What?”

“No it’s just… well… we’ve only really been a couple for a few days, and we didn’t try the whole being apart thing” He tells me.

“Dougie… you’re confusing me” I tell him, tears pricking my eyes.

“I just think maybe we should try the breaking up thing, and then if it doesn’t work… well we could then try the Danny and Rhydan thing” He tells me. I snap my head in his direction.

“Are you kidding me?” I whisper, standing up quickly. He looks startled.

“No-”

“Okay?” I cut him off and walk towards the door. Pulling on it, it doesn’t open. It’s locked. “That bitch” I mutter, fuming. I need to get out. I walk to the back window and wrench it open fully. The gap is big enough for me to fit through.

“Zaria, what are you doing?” Dougie asks me, sounding shocked and worried as I jump onto the back couch and swing my legs out the window. There are steps built into the side of the bus, so if I just swing myself to the side I can get down.

I glance back at Dougie, he’s running towards the window as I shift myself completely out.
“ZARIA” Dougie screams, “Are you trying to KILL yourself?!” He yells as I feel the wind and rain surrounding me. Drenching me in seconds. I cling to the window-base and swing myself until I feel my foot hook into the step. My hair is clinging to my skin as I let my hand warily reach over to grab the small pole.
I drop down from the four remainder steps. My ankle gives way as I touch the gravel. I yelp as a stroke of pain shoots from my ankle all the way up my leg. I clutch onto it tightly, the rain swirling around me.

“Zaria” Dougie says in my ear. His arms are suddenly around me, he must've gotten out through the window. I look up at him and let a tear run down my cheek. "Are you okay?" He asks me. I shake my head.
♠ ♠ ♠
woah, I've just realised how many chapter have all been in the one day.
anyways.
hope you liked.
please comment, I'll update.
=)

Xx