Let's Bend the Rules.

Birthday's...

“Awe crap” I mutter. Everyone’s head turns to me. We are currently sitting backstage of some arena. The guys are getting ready and ‘warming up their voices’.

“What?” Zaria asks, filing her nails.

“It’s going to be my birthday while we’re on tour” I moan.

“Isn’t your birthday not till next month?” She asks. I nod.

“Don’t worry love, we’ve got it figured out” Danny says, sitting down next to me and putting a shirt on over his toned stomach. I’m momentarily distracted by this.

“You do?” I ask after a minute, Zaria catches my eye and rolls hers.

“Yeah… we’re taking you out to dinner and, we’ve it already planned that we’ll be at home for your birthday” He tells me. Oh. Awe I love my boyfriend!

“Awe!” I mutter and hug Danny just as he’s putting in his ear piece. He smiles and wraps his free arm around me.

“Have you ever forgotten Rhydan’s birthday Danny?” Zaria asks, I glare at her. Danny goes slightly rigid and nods his head. That was not a good birthday, I remember it so well.

“Oh… was it by any chance her twenty-ith?” She asks him, her face is straight but the corners of her lips are jerking. I glare at her. SHUT UP!

“Yeah” Danny replies, “How’d you know?”

“Because that was the birthday when she was SO grumpy, nobody knew why, my mum was the only one I thought who understood” She laughs, “Rhydan locked herself in her room all night, it was funny”

I glare at her, “Shut it you” I snap and avoid Danny’s eye.

“You told me you didn’t mind when I got the days mixed up” Danny’s voice mutters into my ear.

“Well…” I shrug and don’t carry on.

“Ugh, now I feel mean”

“No don’t. Besides you gave me a good birthday that year, the day after remember?” I ask him softly. Danny squints his eyes for a moment then nods.

“Oh yeah” He smiles.

“Ew… don’t tell me you two did it” Zaria wrinkles her nose.

“No, dude we were going out for three years! You think I’d have waited that long for him? Psh!” I laugh, Danny stands up and walks towards Melissa, the hair and make-up lady. I’m guessing he feels awkward.

“Oh… then what?” Zaria asks.

“He told me he loved me” I tell her, a smile on my face. Zaria rolls her eyes.

“I’m so jealous” She mumbles under her breath, “You two are fricking perfect for each other”

I shrug, “You never know Zar… you and Doug might turn into something… what have you decided on that subject anyway?” I ask her. She looks up at me.

“I don’t know… Dougie asked if we could try to do what you and Danny are doing, but if it doesn’t work, or we get caught, we could just go with the ‘just friends’ thing”

“Well I’m sure it’ll work, you two will just have to be careful, believe me I know. I’ve been doing this for five years while working as Dad’s assistant”

Zaria looks up and shakes her head, “I’ve no idea how you even managed that Dan, seriously. I know I’m going to mess it up, I couldn’t even last two days!”

I feel really sorry for her at this point, “I’ll help you, you know, if you’re letting on too much? Don’t worry, your big sis is here to help” I nudge her side and grin. In return she gives me a welcome smile. Danny’s over talking to Fletch, he’s facing me. I sit there on the couch, my knees to my chest and just simply watch him, although not in that creepy stalker way!

Danny catches my eye and winks at me, I smile.
“Dan?” Zaria asks me,

“Yeah?” I reply not looking away from Danny.

“What did you do… when Danny told you he loved you?” She asks. I look at her and smile.

“I told him, that I loved him too” I tell her simply. “’Cause you know what? I did and still do” I whisper more to myself. Danny finishes up the conversation with Fletch and walks over to his guitars, I follow him out of the dressing rooms.
“Hey stranger” I whisper into his ear, as he’s sitting down with his favourite guitar in his hands. Danny turns his head and smiles at me.

“What were you and Zaria talking about, when you looked away from me? Your eyes just lit up immediately” He tells me, kissing my softly on the lips.

“I was talking about… you” I tell him, taking the seat opposite him and watch as he tunes his guitar. “When you told me you loved me” I continue. Danny smiles, still looking down at the guitar.

“I still love you, you know? More than I thought it was possible” He tells me. This is the Danny I love. The Danny that doesn’t come out much when the guys are around, just when it’s him and me. I wouldn’t say his ‘sensitive’ side, ‘cause Danny’s not complete mushy-gooey stuff, but he says things that make me nearly melt.

Dougie

“ON STAGE BOYS!” Someone yells, I pick up my yellow bass and walk to the entrance. A hand snakes around my wrist.

“Okay” A voice says into my ear. I turn around to see Zaria smiling at me. “Okay… We’ll try it, but if it doesn’t work… just friends” She tells me. I beam.

“Okay” I nod and pull her into an awkward hug, my bass between us. I lean back a little, “Can I’ve a kiss?” I whisper. Zaria smiles, nods and leans in.

“AWE!” A voice squeals. I break the kiss and look to the left where the noise came from, to see Danny and Rhydan standing there holding hands. I fight the urge to roll my eyes.

“You guys are going to try and date! That’s so cute!” Rhydan squeals. I look at Zaria.

“Go away you freak” She laughs at her sister. Rhydan sticks her tongue out at Zaria and pulls Danny away from us. “Seriously… she can be such a pain at times” Zaria mutters to me.

“Oh well…” I say I’m honestly just too happy right now.

“She said she’ll help me, if I start to show a bit too much, she said she’ll help” Zaria tells me. I smile.

“See… she comes in handy” I wink. She smiles.
♠ ♠ ♠
See quick quick quick... that's two updates today! I'm going to try and finish this story like really soon, so I can post my GOOD Dougie story.
=]

Please tell me some of you will read it, don't worry, the standards of my writing has improved.